Quantcast
87% of new Jobs across Canada, were in Alberta - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 87% of new Jobs across Canada, were in Alberta

My Ride
    You Crazy

Default 87% of new Jobs across Canada, were in Alberta

Statistics Canada’s latest employment data show that in February, 87% of the new jobs in Canada were created in Alberta, with 18,800 jobs created largely in construction, mining, and oil and gas. In the rest of the country, overall employment fell. "I know this is not a new story but it's becoming extreme," says Bank of Montreal Chief Economist Doug Porter. "In the last 12 months, Alberta is the only province that's seen meaningful growth. They've had job gains of nearly 4% and meanwhile 6 provinces have seen declines and one's been flat."

dun dun dun....

and

As the Statistics Canada report issued Friday showed, Alberta is responsible for almost all the new net jobs generated in the past year -- 82,300 of the 94,700 country-wide, or 87 per cent -- as the province saw employment rise an impressive 3.8 per cent.
    By comparison, provinces not called Alberta only gained about 12,000 which, for the purposes of the agency's survey, constitutes a rounding error.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/more-th...#ixzz30WcWJPi3

My Ride
    Silverado

You know this is the conservatives fault right?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

No way. It's all because of the TFW program that added so many jobs here.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Grimace

Day taken er jerbssssssssssss

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

I wish Ontario and Quebec and the Federal Government would recognize that Canadian companies can no longer be competitive in the domestic manufacture of basic goods.

Those provinces really need to begin re-tooling and focusing on manufacturing that either requires skills or equipment that cannot be found in Asia, or manufacturing items that are cost competitive simply due to the cost of shipping raw materials or the finished product itself. They seem stuck in an industrial mindset from over half a century ago...

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Best of all these jobs are not for the Harvard educated 1% elite. These are good jobs with great pay that any blue collar fellow can get and make a good living on without needing the government to spend tax money to beg for the work.

My Ride
    You Crazy

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Toma
    Hey Toma, you got the date wrong. It doesn't increase to $15 until 2021.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Silverado

No, you guys must be wrong. It's a picture with large font writing. It must be right.

My Ride
    Silverado

Seattle's mayor announced a plan Thursday to raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour over the next three to seven years. The plan is part of a nationwide push to combat income inequality.

Seattle Mayor Ed Murray announced a plan on Thursday to raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour over the next three to seven years. It is the first major U.S. city to make a commitment to such a high base wage.

The plan, which was decided by committee, must still be approved by Seattle’s City Council.
    A Real Source

And yet Toma thinks we need to tax those bastard oil & gas companies more. That'll really make them want to keep hiring.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by Thomas Gabriel
    And yet Toma thinks we need to tax those bastard oil & gas companies more. That'll really make them want to keep hiring.
    Actually, I kindof agree with Toma on the taxation/royalties thing. I think there's a lot of wealth that's getting transferred out the country via the oilsands. However, I'm no economist so...

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by codetrap
    I think there's a lot of wealth that's getting transferred out the country via the oilsands.
    Can you elaborate on this?

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Actually, I kindof agree with Toma on the taxation/royalties thing. I think there's a lot of wealth that's getting transferred out the country via the oilsands. However, I'm no economist so...
    Originally posted by davidI

Can you elaborate on this?
    Although very high, Norway seems to have a good handle on royalties. However, Statoil is the major (only?) player there and is state owned.

My Ride
    You Crazy

http://www.alternet.org/economy/robe...raised-15-hour

and make sure to watch and tell your friends to watch Robert Reich's movie, on netflix, itunes, dvd, on demand etc etc...

My Ride
    You Crazy

Impossible to disagree with my stand with a little thought.

I mean oil sands driving the boom, population influx, inflation, housing bubble, disintegration of our roads, our environment...

Yet, it's not self sustainable, and what we COULD afford for services when oil was cheap, we no longer can when oil is at $100....

It's like Reagan supporters in the US.... "Oh gee, the economy was great" but reality .... built with deficit spending, corporate subsidy, and massive debt that eventually destroyed the economy.

Some would advocate NO SERVICES at all, cause at least we have "jobs". FUck health, fuck social, fuck infrastructure, as long as a few can have really big credit lines, so they can afford to bay everything privately.

lol

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by Canmorite

Although very high, Norway seems to have a good handle on royalties. However, Statoil is the major (only?) player there and is state owned.
    I'm not an expert on the topic, but I do not believe Norway even collects royalties. I believe it only taxes companies, which I believe is only possible thanks to its huge Pension Fund...

I agree Norway is the poster child for managing oil wealth but that is in great thanks to its intelligent, productive population.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

With Alberta's refusal to increase the royalties, it's a damn good thing Canada opted out of Kyoto, otherwise we'd be hurtin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Originally posted by davidI
    I'm not an expert on the topic, but I do not believe Norway even collects royalties. I believe it only taxes companies, which I believe is only possible thanks to its huge Pension Fund...

I agree Norway is the poster child for managing oil wealth but that is in great thanks to its intelligent, productive population.
    The first step in properly managing resource (oil, gas, minerals etc) wealth is to federalize the royalties earned.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast