Quantcast
Neighbours with loud bass (duplex) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Neighbours with loud bass (duplex)

Default Neighbours with loud bass (duplex)

So my neighbour is a fuck head...
    I live in a duplex with 2 girls and we are quiet. The attached neighbour likes to blast loud bassy music at random times. We have talked to them, left notes and he still does it. Rather than pounding back on the wall like a old man, I need some suggestions. I'm really close to going over there and knocking on the door and throat punching whoever opens the door - man, woman, dog or baby :P (can you sense my frustration) the guy is middle aged with his gf and just needs to grow up and show some respect.
    Part of me wants to go purchase some sort of vibration equipment and just vibrate the fuck out of his walls like he is doing to ours...
    Thoughts/suggestions welcome
    /end rant

Also, damn you Montreal!

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

Well the logical person may decide that trying to talk to him or some sort of other nonsense.

I would suggest fighting fire with fire. Purchase the biggest damn subs you can and put them right up to his wall...maybe where you suspect the bedroom to be and play bass comp tests till he comes to you. At this point you will need to prove you can talk over him by using a megaphone. He will all but collapse at your display of manliness.

My Ride
    Ford

if you already talked to him about it. and nothing was done. its time to fight fire with fire.
    time for a nice home theater with a sub that can hit low. then leave it on all the time when you go out.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^ Yeah, ignorance and stupidity will only beget more. Ive been down that road a few times, and it always gets into a full on pissing match, which can really get nasty. I dont think the OP wants to go down that road, I know where it leads all too well.

What I'd do is call over the police when its happening, get them to note it, just how bad it is, and so on. From there they'll put a file in the system that this is happening, and you'll likely get a sheet to state when in the day it started, then when it stopped. From there once the sheet is filled, a peace officer will come go over the times with you and give them a ticket.
    Thats what we had to do with some fuck tard neighbors and their barking german shepard. Only the problem never really stopped, in that instance, but that was fine with me, since every week to two weeks or so they'd get another $175 ticket.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 05-03-2014 at 01:56 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    Ford

^^^^^^
    definitely a better idead.
    Street Tune

At random times?
    So is it middle of the day or middle of the night?

Document all the date and times and add some video to the documentation. Call the police, not sure if they can do anything if the noise is something like 0800-2200 hours. You want a paper trail here for the later plan.

If you rent call the owner of your unit, if you own call the owner of the offending unit, assuming the basshead is a renter. Now if you both are owners (the worst case IMO), document the hell out of it, set up a video camera to record "the wall" 24/7 with a date/time stamp. After a week you'll have enough video (edit to only the noisy parts) to take to court when you sue him. Make sure the audio is good and add a dB meter to the wall with duct tape for example or a foot away from the wall might be more realistic.

In the end good neighbours are golden, bad ones and you just gotta move to the country and grow a lot of peaches to be safe from the idiots.
    Last edited by CanmoreOrLess; 05-03-2014 at 05:56 PM.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Years ago I had a similar problem and after polite discussions with the offender (usually solves most problems), nothing changed. I called CPS and was told that time of day is irrelevant when it comes to music being too loud. All it took was one visit with a warning and the problem was solved. It's too bad that there are people out there that don't have enough common courtesy to keep their noise to themselves. If you want your house to sound like a club, go live on an acreage. Nobody else wants to hear your shit.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    99 Blazer

It's so funny because all they have to do is cut the bass. They could probably triple the volume of the speakers with no bass before you would hear it (assuming it's a newer duplex) I live in a duplex and I'm pretty sure me and my neighbour have never heard each other and I'm not always quiet, bit I am respectful regarding time and such.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by Black Gts
    It's so funny because all they have to do is cut the bass. They could probably triple the volume of the speakers with no bass before you would hear it (assuming it's a newer duplex) I live in a duplex and I'm pretty sure me and my neighbour have never heard each other and I'm not always quiet, bit I am respectful regarding time and such.
    Yeah true. I've complained about bass before and people just turn down the volume which does nothing. I told them, it's not your volume Its the bass. low frequency travels through walls. You need to turn your bass down or off completely. Once you get rid of your sub, you can have your volume pretty high as the higher frequencies are blocked pretty well by the walls. People just don't see to grasp that for some reason.

My Ride
    Ford

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
    damn i just hit some low bass with that thing. my home theater sub can hits low Freq.Response 19-270 Hz ± 3 dB
    Street Tune

My Ride
    Axis powers

I had this exact same issue with my last neighbours, now that they moved out the new neighbours are doing this now. Wtf is with people being inconsiderate and only caring about themselves, as bill stated if you want to blast your stereo buy a house not a townhouse
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Living in a condo, I tried to be as courteous as possible by placing the sub on a block of foam and away from external walls. I guess thats too much to ask

My old neighbour had for the first time tons of bass leaking into my apartment, I knew him well enough and was on friendly terms to knock on his door (music was not lowered) and ask that he turn down the bass a bit. He was surprised I was asking, invited me in (music volume level untouched) and sure enough the bass was not an issue at all in his place. It sadly on a low volume, lower than I listen to my own music and I was beginning to feel guilty for being what looked like a twat. I asked where he had his sub, he pointed to the corner of the room, there was the sub pushed right against our shared wall. I pulled it out to where it should be, his stereo sounded better now for what it was worth, went to check on the new bass sounds in my apartment and there was no bass to hear.

I was grateful for having good relations with the guy before this issue, after the sub readjustment he was always inviting me over for a bbq, drinks and video games (I don't play). Be nice before you have issues and the issues are easier to deal with later on. I have gone the other way, fighting fire with fire, it turns everything into the Bugs Bunny cartoon "Hare Trigger".

http://ulozto.net/live/x1NzUBe/bugs-...igger-1945-avi
    Last edited by CanmoreOrLess; 05-04-2014 at 10:24 AM.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Holy fuck, I'm ready to punch someone in the face.... Sunday afternoon into night they decided to use bass testers, who the fuck does that and was 'surprised' when I came asking them to turn it down as they were shaking the floors in my house... And today super loud bass shaking our walls but this time when approaching them they ignored us and turned up their shit... fucking fuck!!! did I mention I have a 5 year old who can't sleep and a condo board who I only have access to through email and isn't responding ffs.
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    2013 4Runner

wow I'm lucky me and my duplex neighbor get along. The first few months living here I mentioned that I could hear his bass sometimes and he had no problem lowering the bass. Plus he cooks awesome filipino food

i've been living in a duplex for the past 7 years (unfortunately). the unit attached to ours is a rental property, so i get new neighbors every so often. i'm very fortunate that my current neighbor is polite and respectful. my neighbor consists of a family of 4 young children, and the parents.

surprisingly, i only ever hear them once in a while, running up and down the stairs in the morning (when people are usually at work). it still sucks balls, but it's better than bass or lound noises at late hours of the night.

i would be able to get my 5% downpayment back, at the very least, if i sold the duplex now. but, i'm just holding on until i save up 20% downpayment to get a single house. i'll make sure to NEVER live in a duplex ever again.
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

My Ride
    Axis powers

I wish they were renters, at least I could complain to the unit owner and get something done...

Are any of the Beyond cops available to PM me to let me know my rights in this situation?
    Sig nuked by mod.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast