Quantcast
closing thread - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: closing thread

My Ride
    2010 Evo X

Default closing thread

closing thread
    Last edited by EvoXFusion; 05-09-2014 at 10:37 AM.

Where did Speed Options get them from? In Alberta as far as I know the only places that deal directly with Conti are Regional Tire, Trican Tire and OK tire. Any shop selling Conti's probably originally got them from one of those 3 places, there are always middle men in the process. Do you know if Speed Option got them from the states?

When I buy Conti's through the OK Tire warehouse, and I buy them at a discount from OK and sell them for the same MSRP that OK sells them at or even cheaper (My shop sells on the cost+ approach not MSRP). If I call in my order and OK says they are out of the states. I will tell the customer that the tires are coming from the states. Yes they came from the Edmonton OK warehouse, but I had to wait for the warehouse to receive them from the states. If OK charges me extra freight for expedited shipping I will give the customer the option of paying the additional freight, waiting, or an alternative option.

I am not sure if you have any additional information, or are aware of how the tire industry works, but I will assume you are not since it did not indicate so in your post. If it is really that big of a concern, maybe get all the facts first, and possibly shop around before buying tires in the first shop you go to.
    jordanturbo is like herpes... Always coming back for more

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

SO, Vex was unable to source out tires direct ... but found some for you from "the states", which ended up being through SpeedOptions somehow..... who is still a third party (who charge a markup) and you're upset because ??

My Ride
    USE20

Originally posted by revelations
    SO, Vex was unable to source out tires direct ... but found some for you from "the states", which ended up being through SpeedOptions somehow..... who is still a third party (who charge a markup) and you're upset because ??
    I don't really see the problem either?

My Ride
    Lease

I believe op is saying he feels duped... Like being a chick being picked up at the club, guy says he's got a Porsche lets get outta here, turns out to be a 944... Or come check out his 'vette...... Chevette.

My Ride
    NC1

So he shoulda went to speed options to begin with lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

I believe op is saying he feels duped... Like being a chick being picked up at the club, guy says he's got a Porsche lets get outta here, turns out to be a 944... Or come check out his 'vette...... Chevette.

Those 944 guys get so mad when you call their 944 a Volkswagen.

My Ride
    wrx wagon

Not sure I see a problem here either?

Just to add, I have had work done at Vex a couple times, and both times the work was done exactly as requested, within the time frame specified, and within the quoted cost. Actually when I had my up/dp installed by Vex they quoted me 4-5hrs, but it ended up taking them only 3hrs, and they only charged me for those 3hrs (even though they could have easily charged me for 4 or 5 which I would have happily paid)!

Sucks that you feel you were overcharged, but in my experience the guys at Vex have been nothing but great.

Urbanx didn't have tires I was looking for and referred me to other shops instead of telling me some bullshit, re-sourcing and marking up

+ it took his tires a week to show up from the NE

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Why didn't you call and ask Ryan or Jimmy to explain what happened instead of coming onto beyond and making this thread first?

My Ride
    Bang Bus

+1 for Vex! Nothing but great experiences from them when I had my sti

Default Re: shady customer service at vex performance

Originally posted by EvoXFusion
    hey guys

so i called vex to find out what was up with that, but they said it was from the states.

Originally posted by KRyn
    Why didn't you call and ask Ryan or Jimmy to explain what happened instead of coming onto beyond and making this thread first?

My Ride
    AW10

In all honesty...

If you thought Vex was your only source for these tires...without doing any other searching for deals..

Than the only person to blame..is yourself..

My Ride
    A fat car

I believe what the OP was feeling this way was b/c Vex told him that the tires came from the states instead of from another shop. If he was told that it was from another shop hence the mark-up, he probably wouldn't be as upset.

However, on a business perspective, Vex might be afraid that OP would go shop around instead of getting them from Vex, hence the story ("it's from the states" - mind you, this could very well be a true statement if speedoptions got them from the states to begin with)

Originally posted by sidewaysD
    In all honesty...

If you thought Vex was your only source for these tires...without doing any other searching for deals..

Than the only person to blame..is yourself..

Exactly... and this:

Since i knew some people at speed options through a friend. i went through them to get a mount and balance today.
    If OP knew people at Speed Options, why not go there first?

Man, no love for the OP and only his/her second post on Beyond.

Live and learn, eh OP.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

i feel like if vex promised you a price on something then couldn't deliver and had to order through another shop at a higher cost they shoulda ate the difference

Oh well. They lied, life's hard and people are mean haha

You know people (have "friends" there) at Speed Option, you know they do tires and they did your mount and balance but you chose to go to Vex, why?
    Then take your tires to Speed Option for mount and balance?

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Default Re: Re: shady customer service at vex performance

hey guys

so later on i get a call from ryan saying they dont have anymore in Canada and that they need to order them through the states, which would cost me addtional 138 CAD.

i found out that the tires that vex got was actually sold to them by speed options and that the tires didn't actually come from the states.

so i called vex to find out what was up with that, but they said it was from the states.

Let me get this straight...
    You obtain definitive proof that your set of tires was purchased from Speed Options by Vex on your behalf. At which point you called Vex to ask why they charged you an additional $138.00. Someone on the other end of the phone told you that this was not the case and your tires did in fact come from the United States. At which point you said okay and hung up?
    As always 1+1=potato

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

I only have one single question...........

then who was phone?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast