Quantcast
Good BBQ's? Need help picking a new one - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Good BBQ's? Need help picking a new one

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    I have heard feedback that the Big Steel Keg version is much cheaper, and has no drawbacks over the ceramic "egg" type.
    and a webber kettle is even cheaper... and works just fine. the ceramic ones just give you more life out of your charcoal since they are insulated. with charcoal you have full control of your hot zones, better flavor, easier to add wood smoke, plus you just feel like a real man.... FIRE!

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by ercchry

FIRE!

LOL every time I see someone talk about fire, I automatically think of this, and I start yelling "FIRE BAD!"

and for those of you who don't know what that is....

anyways, back on topic.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Do you guys find some brands have inferior exterior finish? i.e. if you have stainless steel lid, it turns to shit faster than others.... is it better to get something like this that is black on the outside?

http://www.lowes.ca/gas-bbqs-grills/...oc=reCanonical

I am looking to get a natural gas one ... want to stay around $500 so I can afford it this year instead of using my $100 canadian tire grill for another year

Also, does BTU rating vary among brands? e.g. cheap brand with 60,000 BTU is not as good compared to a good brand with 40,000 BTU??

How good is Char-broil?

http://www.lowes.ca/gas-bbqs-grills/...oc=reCanonical

I wouldn't buy anything that isn't made by Onward, weber, napeoleon, blue ember

Weber's finishes are amazing mostly because they use a ceramic enamle rather than paint

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

I have the Broil King Keg, it's pretty awesome. But if I were looking for a gas grill I would def. be going natural gas unless that just isn't an option at all.

My parents have had a Vermont Casting Signature Series 5 burner grill for about 5 years now and have nothing to say but great things about it. Heat control and distribution are excellent, it has been reliable as hell. It wasn't cheap, but priced comparatively to others in its category. The only thing that my Dad seems to dislike about the grill is that it doesn't have an infrared searer, so it takes a little more work to do his steaks Chicago style.
    jordanturbo is like herpes... Always coming back for more

I actually just picked up a Broil King Baron 420 from Barbecues Galore a couple days ago - it's going to be delivered in a week.

I was going to go with a Weber but this looked great, had nice features and was much cheaper.

It was $450.

http://www.barbecuesgalore.ca/produc...ing-baron-420/

My Ride
    335i

This looks like a great deal. Weber BBQs are really worth the extra $$

http://www.amazon.ca/Weber-46110001-...s=weber+spirit
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Napoleon or Weber. I went through a few BBQ's in my time, I remember I had a fairly expensive Walmart one once, like $800....5 years and it fell to pieces...Everything inside, the burners, all garbage. Inferior "stainless" in cheaper BBQ's.

I personally have a Napoleon, paid around $1300 and change for it, has the side searing burner (which I do use, it gets crazy hot). I'm different than most though, I prefer the stainless steel grills...I know it has less residual heat holding capacity, but its literally zero maintenance.

Second reason for getting an expensive BBQ, if you live somewhere and it blows off your deck, like mine did twice, I can literally order any single piece and they ship it to my door within 4 days....They even discounted me a prorated warranty price because they felt bad. I've had it torn down into pieces, and every bit of it is completely free of corrosion or degradation after 2 years of decent use.

Lastly, hot spots and temperature management. The controls are just better built and you have better control over heat, and the heating surface is very evenly distributed.

Additional proof, both my ex, and my current GF used 15+ year old Weber Genesis grills, parts still available for both, and both were absolute beasts....cleaned up like new, and heated like mad...The only thing that failed on both were the ignitors....FWIW I hate the right to left burner design on the webers, less versatile...
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by 2Legit2Quit
    I have the Broil King Keg, it's pretty awesome. But if I were looking for a gas grill I would def. be going natural gas unless that just isn't an option at all.
    How is that keg working out for you as a smoker?

+ For Weber. I love my gas plug-in.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Originally posted by flipstah

How is that keg working out for you as a smoker?
    Really good, been smoking every weekend that's nice. Have done ribs a few times, salmon, a whole brisket and chicken wings.

I like that it's made out of steel so it's not so fragile compared to the green egg, and it retains heat very well which is great once you get the desired temperature dialed in.

My only qualm is that you have to ideally get the right amount of charcoal to use bang on, which so far for me being some what of a smoker noob is a learning experience, otherwise you have to take off the food/grill, the diffuser, then add more charcoal and load everything back in.

Overall very happy with it, works good as a charcoal bbq as well of course.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Really good, been smoking every weekend that's nice. Have done ribs a few times, salmon, a whole brisket and chicken wings.

I like that it's made out of steel so it's not so fragile compared to the green egg, and it retains heat very well which is great once you get the desired temperature dialed in.

My only qualm is that you have to ideally get the right amount of charcoal to use bang on, which so far for me being some what of a smoker noob is a learning experience, otherwise you have to take off the food/grill, the diffuser, then add more charcoal and load everything back in.

Excellent. I might get that exact setup for my condo since it has a small but usable footprint.

Thanks for all the replies and info folks. I'm most likely going to go with a Weber 3 burner unit. Don't need the side burner although nice to have.

My Charmglow was pretty pimp and I paid good money for it 5 years from Homedepot. Read some reviews when I bought it, and the only complaint peeps had with it was the wheel broke and hard to replace the part. Other than that, Charmglow's were supposed to have had a decent name back in the day...apparently not so much now.

Weber it shall be. Any recommendations on where to get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Weber CEP320. Natural Gas FTW! I did a shit ton of research on it, and it's served me well. I use it year round, in all weather conditions, and the only time I ever had a problem was when there were coyotes in the back yard. It's got thick stainless steel grill, flavorizer bars to prevent flare-ups and is dead easy to clean on the outside. Plus if you coat it with spray on wax it stays shiny year round and the grease just falls off. I've used the side burner a few times, mostly for bacon and fish, or for slow cooking anything else the wife doesn't want stinking up the house.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    14 fit, 11 Ridgeline, 12 outlander

Don't worry about it saying only put enough in to reach the holes at the bottom when i do my 18+ hour smokes I just load it up until its almost touching the diffuser lol
    Originally posted by Unknown303
    Everything makes me upset.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    Nonsense. You've all got slanty eyes, play Starcraft, speak Chinese and eat nothing but sushi and ginger beef.

DON'T TRY AND CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE

Char Broil's are on sale at Lowes this weekend. 15% off. Anyone have any experience with their infared bbq's?

http://amazingribs.com/BBQ_buyers_gu...as_grills.html

#1: Kalamazoo K750 Hybrid Fire Grill $17,195

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by ronaldo
    Char Broil's are on sale at Lowes this weekend. 15% off. Anyone have any experience with their infared bbq's?
    I bought a Char-Broil Commercial Tru-Infared grill from Lowes six weeks ago. Three burners and a side burner. Around $500ish I think.

Grills nicely. Even temps across the grill surface. Have to clean the infared portion every 3 or 4 uses though.

That being said, love it. Love cooking chicken thighs and not having to worry about flare ups at all. Every easy to cook with. No cold spots on the grill means that I can put meat wherever I want and it'll come out the way I want it to.

Happy overall with the buy.

EDIT: This grill. http://www.lowes.ca/gas-bbqs-grills/...ductItemsImage

I paid $519... bastards! lol

EDIT #2: Review of the grill...

http://www.amazingribs.com/bbq_equip...rcial-3-burner

Originally posted by TurboMedic
    FWIW I hate the right to left burner design on the webers, less versatile...
    I have a Weber Genesis that I bought last year. It has burners that run front to back. I'm not sure what model year it changed. Last year may have been the first for the new configuration.

PS - Love my Weber!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast