Quantcast
real property report? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: real property report?

My Ride
    2005 F350

Default real property report?

since I have sold my house, I need to supply the buyers with an rpr and I'm not sure I can find my old one.

can anybody recommend a surveying company to do this?
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    335i

Ask your lawyer or Realtor for a referral. They might have surveyors who give preferred rates. I use Jerrod at Arc surveys as he gives us the best rates I've found so far.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Ford

whats the rate. im a surveyor in edmonton and we shut down our calgary office 5+ years ago. just wondering comparable s.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-01-2019 at 02:03 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Agreed that is is MUCH cheaper to just get an updated one from the surveoyors that did thye last one. Getting a new one from scratch is hundreds more.

I've used Pang, no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

I hope you have no issues with compliance on the RPR.

When we were selling our last house, we never expected to sell in a week and in the process we got an updated RPR because of fencing, deck etc.
    We had two compliance issues which took 3 visits to city hall to rectify and it was one of the pieces of paper we had to hand over at the lawyers.

would u guys get new rpr's done if your neighbor on one side put up a fence?

My Ride
    335i

You'll need one for a fence addition yes
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    TDi

Adding onto a question here.

Would I need a new RPR if a fence was recently put up that is 100% fully on the neighbours property? It's a zero lot line.
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    2014 Lexus IS250

Arc Surveys Ltd.
    201B 38th Ave NE
    Calgary, AB T2E 2M3
    Tel: 403-277-1272
    Fax: 403-277-1275
    Email: [email protected]

Cheap and quick

Axiom Geomatics

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by imranm
    Arc Surveys Ltd.
    201B 38th Ave NE
    Calgary, AB T2E 2M3
    Tel: 403-277-1272
    Fax: 403-277-1275
    Email: [email protected]

Cheap and quick
    Do you know how cheap and how quick

I called Lovse for an update from a 2013 rpr. It's still $450 with heads up prices might go up later on.

Kinda hijack. Does one need rpr update (from a 2013 survey), if you REMOVED a shed (that was on survey), and added some ground landscape (ie, river rocks, planks pathway so kinda like a deck but on the ground)?

I've seen rpr where they listed the amount of brushes (enproachment clarity I suppose)

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

So, dduke (before all the shit went down with him) built a deck for me and I believe it is a couple of feet over the setback line of 6m.

I know a RPR is requested at the time of sale.... what are the chances I can just provide the original RPR and hope for the best? Is it essential to have a valid, recent certificate of compliance, or is that really only a "nice to have" in the eyes of buyers and their representing Realtor?
    Last edited by Kloubek; 06-28-2016 at 01:09 PM.

I am an ALS at Newport Land Surveys. Some things to know about when you need an "updated" RPR.

RPRs are part of the Alberta Real Estate Association standard housing sale contract. Under this contract, the seller is guaranteeing to the buyer that all buildings and improvements comply with municipal laws/bylaws. It is not reasonable for most sellers to say they know the ins and outs of these bylaws and this is where the RPR comes in. When a "current" one is supplied with the municipality's compliance stamp, the seller has proved to the buyer(and buyer's lawyers and realtors) that the property complies.

Because this is a contract between two parties, you always have the right to provide an older RPR, an RPR without compliance or no RPR at all when both parties agree. But as a home buyer's laywer or realtor, it wouldn't be prudent to advise them to accept an "old" RPR or no RPR unlesss the buyer was completely comfortable with that.

You do always have the option of telling your buyer you will provide the previous RPR before a certain deck, fence, garage or whatever was built, but then they have to be comfortable with you taking on the liability that says its conforming. This isn't ideal as you don't want the buyer coming back any amount of years later claiming something doesn't conform and you signed saying it does.

RPRs are the equivalent of house inspections for property boundaries and municipal bylaw conformance(with respect to boundaries). Like house inspections, the requirements of how old it is, what is shown on it etc are up to the buyers acceptance, but I would imagine all buyers are looking to protect themselves and almost always request a current one.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Horaysh; 06-28-2016 at 04:30 PM.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Well, it does answer some questions. Thanks so much for the response.

I have heard that mortgage companies require the RPR, and perhaps that many/most/all require an up to date certification on it. Not sure if that is entirely true or not.... I read it on the internet, so it doesn't mean much.

I took a look at the deck today. It is 17 feet from roughly the property line. 6 meters is 19.7 feet, so either:
    a) I try to apply for an easement
    b) I hope the buyer doesn't insist on a new AND certified RPR, and I would of course be up front that the deck does not comply
    c) I have to tear apart the deck. This option would really suck, as I can only cut it down 1.5 feet max before I hit the beam supporting the entire structure... so if I do this, I'd have to jack it up, rip out the current footings and replace them, then cut the deck down almost 3 feet.

Fuck a duck.

The deck is beautiful and I can't imagine a potential buyer wouldn't want it the size it is, but some people are sticklers for the rules.

Another class act move by dduke.

My Ride
    2014 Lexus IS250

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Do you know how cheap and how quick

I called Lovse for an update from a 2013 rpr. It's still $450 with heads up prices might go up later on.

Kinda hijack. Does one need rpr update (from a 2013 survey), if you REMOVED a shed (that was on survey), and added some ground landscape (ie, river rocks, planks pathway so kinda like a deck but on the ground)?

I've seen rpr where they listed the amount of brushes (enproachment clarity I suppose)
    It was a year ago but I want to say $750, they took a week to come out.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Global Raymac Surveys does them as well
    Sig nuked by mod.

Kloubek, you are right, that is another party to sales that I missed, mortgage companies. If the buyer's mortgage company requires a current RPR, then you're stuck providing it to close the sale. Not all mortgage companies require an RPR, but I'm not sure which do and don't. Our mortgage company is based out of Ontario(Street Capital) and they didn't require one.

What is the height of your deck? If it is under 0.60m everywhere, then it would be considered a patio, and you should have no problem with it being in the setback area.

If it is a deck(over 0.60m high at any point), then the easement you are referring to is called a Development Permit Application for Relaxation. The City's fee for this is currently $412. We just completed a relaxation application for a client and it took 4 weeks.

For other peoples questions:

Typically, an RPR will only show permanent improvements(Buildings, concrete walks/patios, decks fences, retaining walls ETC). Some things that are not required to be shown on RPRs are patioblock walks or patios, stacked block walls that are not retaining anything and are not near any property lines, definitely not vegetation or anything you can pick up and move easily.

ANYTHING removed or added after an RPR is complete means you should check with buyer, realtors, lawyers and mortgage companies to ensure they are aware and will accept it as is.
    Last edited by Horaysh; 06-28-2016 at 08:16 PM.

My Ride
    TDi

Hey Horaysh. Got a question for you:

Got an RPR done two months ago and then my neighbour started a fence on his side of the property (0 lot line). I assume that the new RPR won't even have the fence on it or am I wrong? Sold house, but now I am unsure if I need to waste money and update my RPR before I get my compliance stamp.
    GO FLAMES GO!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast