Quantcast
real property report? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: real property report?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I was aware of the height thing, which is good because I added a lower tier. That one is under so no problems there, but no.... the original deck is nowhere close to being considered a patio, unfortunately.

403ep3,

If your neighbor put the fence on the property boundary between him and you, then an updated RPR should definitely show the fence, even in a zero lot line scenario. As you are probably aware, in zero lot line situations, your property line will be very close to, if not right on, your neighbors exterior wall line on one side of your house, and your house wall on the other side will likely be on the property line. That means that the RPR should make mention of anything near your neighbor's wall or its projection along the lot line(driveway, fences, eaves etc).

If you haven't applied for city compliance yet, I'd call the survey company that recently did the RPR and tell them that the fence has recently been added and you need it updated and make sure to mention nothing else has changed and they surveyed it very recently[emphasis on recently ]. They MIGHT be willing to update it for you for free or fairly cheap. If not, check with buyer, realtor, lawyers to ensure they are aware of it and get their take on it.

As long as there is no City land behind your property, and assuming the fence runs along the lot line from behind your neighbors house to the back of the property(IE: if there is no way the fence encroaches into City land), the City wouldn't even acknowledge it when they review the RPR for compliance. It would just be a matter of whether or not the buyer or his agents want to know where the fence is built in relation to the property line.

If you already have compliance, definitely try and get away without updating if you can.
    Last edited by Horaysh; 06-28-2016 at 09:53 PM.

My Ride
    335i

According to the recommended rules of practice concerning RPRs, a removal of a structure does not necessitate an update of the RPR since it's impossible for a compliance issue to arise from that. Patio stones and gravel are typically non-issues.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    TDi

Originally posted by Horaysh
    403ep3,

If your neighbor put the fence on the property boundary between him and you, then an updated RPR should definitely show the fence, even in a zero lot line scenario. As you are probably aware, in zero lot line situations, your property line will be very close to, if not right on, your neighbors exterior wall line on one side of your house, and your house wall on the other side will likely be on the property line. That means that the RPR should make mention of anything near your neighbor's wall or its projection along the lot line(driveway, fences, eaves etc).

If you haven't applied for city compliance yet, I'd call the survey company that recently did the RPR and tell them that the fence has recently been added and you need it updated and make sure to mention nothing else has changed and they surveyed it very recently[emphasis on recently ]. They MIGHT be willing to update it for you for free or fairly cheap. If not, check with buyer, realtor, lawyers to ensure they are aware of it and get their take on it.

As long as there is no City land behind your property, and assuming the fence runs along the lot line from behind your neighbors house to the back of the property(IE: if there is no way the fence encroaches into City land), the City wouldn't even acknowledge it when they review the RPR for compliance. It would just be a matter of whether or not the buyer or his agents want to know where the fence is built in relation to the property line.

If you already have compliance, definitely try and get away without updating if you can.
    Thanks for the information!

Not sure if this picture helps, but this is my situation:

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Possession is in August so trying to figure out if I need an update asap. Thanks again for your help!
    GO FLAMES GO!

403ep3,

That's pretty much what I was picturing when I responded.

The only place you'll find an answer if you're required to update it is the buyer and his agents. If you have your own realtor, tell them about it and get them to sell the buyer or his realtor on the fact that the fence is clearly very close to PL or right on. Shouldn't be too hard of a sell if your RPR has labelled your neighbor's house corner and garage corner distances to PL, likely labelled as on the PL or some small distance within his lot.

As far as the city is concerned, they will not consider the fence when reviewing for compliance.
    Last edited by Horaysh; 06-29-2016 at 01:18 PM.

My Ride
    TDi

I appreciate all the info Horaysn!
    GO FLAMES GO!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2