Quantcast
96 Rover Mini - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: 96 Rover Mini

My Ride
    1973 Austin mini Pickup

As for rear disc conversion. KAD or Kent auto developments are the only guys I know that do a bolt on rear disc conversion. If you are going VTEC. Super fast minis has a rear kit but it's used with their rear beam suspension.

My Ride
    1973 Austin mini Pickup

As for rear disc conversion. KAD or Kent auto developments are the only guys I know that do a bolt on rear disc conversion. If you are going VTEC. Super fast minis has a rear kit but it's used with their rear beam suspension.

My Ride
    06 S2000

He lives!

2016-07-16 21.30.25 by Jory Irving, on Flickr

The front has so much rake. It needs a good alignment to dial it all in, and the first time I tried to drive away, I found out the LH axle has separated inside the boot. I popped it out and fixed it, and it drove like a top. So excited.

Of note, since I had to use the cone compressor anyways to get the upper arm back in, I opted to drop in a set of "slightly used" cones that Hunter Classic cars threw into a previous order for me.
    I also greased all the things. Hilos, front and rear, upper arms, ball joints, radius arms. Did a full brake bleed. Had to get new crush washers for the banjo bolt, since it was just spitting out fluid every time we pressed the brake pedal.

2016-07-16 12.01.18 by Jory Irving, on Flickr

Yep.

I also managed to strip one of the trunk hinges, so I'll need to order a new one. I don't like the chrome ones on MiniSpares, so I'll be ordering a metal one and painting it myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Update time.

We'll start with this (thanks NoPulp)

IMG_0039 by Richard Brown, on Flickr

Broke a bit on the tank.

WLV10007 which is NLA.

http://minispares.com/catalogues/cla....aspx?2~18~176

Bought one used off a RM member in the US. He also threw in a replacement cork valve gasket. I had temporarily bypassed the valve, and it smelt like fuel all the time, but it was driveable.

With the new cones up front, the nose likes to point at the sky. Apparently I need to wait until the cones break in. The adjustable hilo's are bottomed out in the front, but I'm too lazy to lift the rear to match, since I'm happy with the ride height back there.

I had found that the wheels I had were Cosmic MKII's. Either replicas, or legit ones, didn't matter. I tried to clean them up using a flapper wheel, but results were mixed, with an inconsistent brush pattern, and I was losing patience with hand sanding, so I opted to have them powdercoated a light bronze. I'm still working on what to do with the center caps.

2016-08-04 18.30.02 by Jory Irving, on Flickr

I installed the used/new to me fuel tank fitting, but it comes with harder plastic lines, rather than rubber lines, that didn't like the metal barb fittings, so the lines might end up replaced with some rubbed bits down the road, but it solved my fuel smell issue.

I also installed the valve gasket cover, but it was apparently fairly old and had shrunk, so it missed an entire corner, and I was spitting oil directly onto the exhaust manifold. I swung down to Auto-mann and picked up their last one in stock for $4.95. It fits perfectly.

Me and flipstah put in an order for overnight parts from Japan the UK (A+ 1275's pull a premium the week before race wars), but he still hasn't delivered them.

I washed the car in preparation for illmotion, and when I got home and shut the car off, I heard a constant clicking. Being prepared for the worst of British wiring (as flipstah knows), it ended up being the signal relay which is inside the cabin, and perfectly dry. It looks like it's just on the way out, as unplugging it a few times, and smacking it around resolved it. Hilariously while sitting at a light with my signal on, the turn signal will speed up/slow down.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    Exploded.

The front left turn signal assembly went kaput on mine after this rain.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3