Quantcast
Contact lense wearers: Best eye drops? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Contact lense wearers: Best eye drops?

My Ride
    CBR 929

Default Contact lense wearers: Best eye drops?

Broke my nose, cannot wear glasses for a few weeks.

I NEVER wear contacts, can literally go an entire year and maybe only wear them twice. Now I am having to wear them every day and it sucks, the burning and stinging at night....

Bought some moisturizing eye drops and even these sting when I put them in?

Can anyone recommend any good drops that don't hurt?

[url]

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...WP0XQHsxt7eYir

Systane. Best eye drops but expensive. I used them after I had laser eye surgery.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    CBR 929

Thanks, I don't care about the cost. I look like I am high at night because my eyes are all red and squinty, hurts to have them open They even water in my sleep they are burning so much.

Laser eye surgery might be coming soon!

[url]

Have you tried changing the type of contact lense solution you use?

I can't remember what the brand was but I had some intense burning/itching with this one type of solution and once I switched back to what I use regularly the burning/itching went away.

Blink Contacts

My Ride
    impreza

Tears Natural II. I have had borderline allergic reactions to some types of drops. These are what worked for me.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Could also be the kind of contacts you bought.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

I use "Refresh Contacts" they work the best for me. Especially after i nap and my contacts are foggy and gross. They work really well for me and Ive been in contacts for 20 years.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

Seems unusual that contacts would be causing that much irritation from dryness alone, I wonder if it's the contact brand/type themselves.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by J.M.
    Have you tried changing the type of contact lense solution you use?

I can't remember what the brand was but I had some intense burning/itching with this one type of solution and once I switched back to what I use regularly the burning/itching went away.

the burning and stinging at night....
    You aren't sleeping with them in are you? I mean if you're used to them it's alright (and assuming you have the correct kind), but since you aren't you should be removing them every night and cleaning in solution.

If they're old and you haven't used them in forever, they might be no good as well. They can lose shape over time with little to no usage.

It could also be the brand/model of contacts. Every brand is a little different. Every time I go to an optometrist, I ask for a few different freebies, so I can try different ones and find the most comfortable for me. (then I order what I like online for 1/3 of the price, lol)

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

You might need something a little stronger, sounds like your eyes are super dry like mine.

My eye doc recommended this to me before sleeping, it works good and lasts a while, better that the thin liquid drops I find.

http://www.bausch.ca/en-ca/our-produ...phthalmic-gel/

The box looks different, its mostly white and blue.

My Ride
    growls

Contacts are made of different materials so it could be that too. I had to get a harder kind of lens because the softer ones were collecting protein. But like everyone else said, could be solution/drops. I don't know how people wear contacts while they sleep. Worst feeling ever. I use Refresh tears for drops and they work better than visine. Apparently visine also has something in it that makes your eyes dependent on it so you use it more often.

My Ride
    CBR 929

I use acuvue dailies, so do not sleep with them in and have a new pair every day. I try to remove them as soon as possible when I get home if I know I will just be around the house or whatever.

Don't know what the lenses are made out of. I do dump the fluid they come in as it burns and I squirt in another kind that is less irritating but my eyes are still burning at night.

I will try some of the drops suggested above. Thanks everyone. I am due for a check up soon so will ask the eye Dr about other brands then.

[url]

My Ride
    jdm b18c

I been wearing contacts for over 5 years, never had a problem with them except this one time I slept with the contacts and woke up with bloodshot eyes could not look at any light didn't matter how bright, mind you the contact I was using were cheap contacts(globa or some sorta of weird name) but now I just use accue oasis and clean care solution. One of the best solution ever but u must soak them for more the 6 hrs before insertion or serious stinging and burning will occur, learned the hard way hehheheh
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Originally posted by bignerd
    I use acuvue dailies, so do not sleep with them in and have a new pair every day. I try to remove them as soon as possible when I get home if I know I will just be around the house or whatever.

Don't know what the lenses are made out of. I do dump the fluid they come in as it burns and I squirt in another kind that is less irritating but my eyes are still burning at night.

I will try some of the drops suggested above. Thanks everyone. I am due for a check up soon so will ask the eye Dr about other brands then.
    The fluid they come in should be saline, that should not burn your eyes in the slightest.

I used to wear acuvue but they burned and dried the shit out of my eyes so i switched to Bausch and Lomb PureVision and my eyes have thanked me every day. They are monthlies (yep you dont take them out) and my eyes no longer get irritated. They are mildly dry in the mornings but a quick drop of Opti free clears that up.

I played competitive hockey when i attended MSU for 4 years and it was the trainers who switched me over to that brand.

My suggestion is to dump the Acuvue and switch to B&L then talk to your optometrist about changing solutions to opti free.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

The Systane drops also come in a "gel" form. More expensive than the "drops" but it helped a lot more. I don't wear contacts much anymore so I don't use anything now.

Originally posted by top_speed
    I been wearing contacts for over 5 years, never had a problem with them except this one time I slept with the contacts and woke up with bloodshot eyes could not look at any light didn't matter how bright, mind you the contact I was using were cheap contacts(globa or some sorta of weird name) but now I just use accue oasis and clean care solution. One of the best solution ever but u must soak them for more the 6 hrs before insertion or serious stinging and burning will occur, learned the hard way hehheheh
    I use the same kind of lenses, fallen asleep with them in a couple times. Holy fuck are my eyes dry when I wake up.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by bignerd

What solution do you use to soak them overnight with? The only time that burned for me are:

- Sweat gets in them while wearing
    - Old pair of contacts
    - Put them on incorrectly (concavity makes it one-way)

My Ride
    CBR 929

Originally posted by flipstah

What solution do you use to soak them overnight with? The only time that burned for me are:

- Sweat gets in them while wearing
    - Old pair of contacts
    - Put them on incorrectly (concavity makes it one-way)
    They are dailies, I throw them out after wearing so no soaking. I dump the fluid that comes in the new package and squirt in some Refresh Renew something for contact lenses, it is more gentle then what the lenses come in.

I bought the Systane drops someone pictured above and they are helping, no burning or stinging when I put those in but I can tell my eyes are watering while I sleep.

Acuvues are numbered so you can tell if they are the right way up/in and not backwards.

Might just try switching brands but I prefer something daily, just easier and not sure how often I will wear them once I can use my glasses again.

[url]

My Ride
    E90 335i

Originally posted by BigDannyCool
    Blink Contacts
    Im on the blink train as well.