Quantcast
Being an asshole - own it - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Being an asshole - own it

Default Being an asshole - own it

Last weekend adidas posted a pile of DB responses in a camping thread and all of his (and the corresponding responses) were conviently removed.

Cam recently post that maybe an overzealous mod got to the thread.

Here is my response, since I'm sure it'll be deleted from the camping thread - you know - wouldn't want it to get off topic..

Yeah I think so too - but I'm not convinced that someone isn't buddy-buddy with adidias. I understand the thread needs to keep on track, but when someone is being a fucktard asshole and has a pile of Beyond members calling them out on it, it's extremely disappointing to see it removed.

No idea who adidas is, but like fuck I'd invite him out for a Beyond campfire in my backyard after that BS.

Be a dick - fine - but leave it up so everyone can see it and treat you accordingly. Not the case here - adidas gets to act like a 5 year old and the mods conveniently remove it so the thread doesn't get derailed? BS.

I'm not trying to be a bitch about it and I'm super easy going, but seriously? Look at the other responses - it was completely ridiculous to remove that to "keep it on topic". I've seen way worse derails and they haven't been touched, so the BS can be cut.

The truth would be nice.
    Last edited by Env-Consultant; 05-23-2014 at 11:54 PM.

I saw his posts and I'm not surprised they were removed. Why wouldn't they have been?

Exact same thing would have happened on most other forums I've been on.

Originally posted by Mista Bob
    Exact same thing would have happened on most other forums I've been on.
    Maybe on "most other forums", but this is Beyond. Members here are from a different cut. Don't like it? Join CalgaryPuck

Let me reiterate my point based on a few reponses:

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    Censorship.

Gay.

Adidas is a fag (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Originally posted by speedog
    Censorship now on beyond and for those of us that were reading this thread, it's pretty obvious that something is amiss in this thread.

So now the question is why some members can have a fair bit of stuff removed from a thread while others can get bashed almost to death - I'm also not going to apologize if this thread gets derailed as this is an issue that the mod's should address.

There's moderation and then there's what happened in this thread - even a simple explanation from a moderator as to why Adidas can get stuff removed while others can't would be nice. Then the rest of us will have a better idea as to which rule was broken - if it was "General Forum Rule #1" then mark me down as confused as I've seen way more intense shit allowed to stand on Beyond then what was removed from this thread.

Originally posted by GTS4tw
    What. In. the. Fuck. Beyond, what happened? I thought the mods here weren't a bunch of pussies? It is the best thing about beyond. Or at least it was. Hopefully this is some noob mod and the others can slap some sense into them.

Oh, and Adidas is a fag.

Gay comments aside, clearly what happened goes against what Beyond stands for. Don't bullshit and say it was to keep the thread on track - have you seen some of the derails here and subsequent ripping apart of the douchebag derailers? That is what adidas did and what he got - but then he got it removed

Default Re: Being an asshole - own it

Don't recall saying I disliked something, just don't get how its even remotely worth getting worked up over.
    Especially for such a super easy going individual such as yourself.

I think you have a huge misconception of what these forums are all about. We try to clean up the threads but a ton of stuff will be missed. Once some threads are derailed there is usually no point in saving it. This camping thread I saw it and cleaned it up and you're complaining? WTF is wrong with you?

Just like your camping thread title... I have no words.
    ---

Who really cares?
    Don't like the way the mods do things then go and start your own forum.
    It's the internet,not worth having a coronary over.
    Last edited by englishbob; 05-24-2014 at 06:07 AM.

I'll stand by my comments above and will say that I am disappointed in what happened.

Whether or not people like to admit it, there is some very apparent favouritism on Beyond - you're either part of the group or you're not. It's apparent by whom gets raked over the coals for bumping threads and those that can bump age old shit with no impunity - it is what it is on Beyond. It's also apparent by which threads are allowed to get derailed while others aren't (re:this discussion) and yes, there have been threads that have become derailed since this thread which is being debated - maybe not derailed as much, but still derailed.

Personally, I don't really care if I am a part of the 'in' group or not - I still find Beyond a slightly entertaining place to spend some time no different than Calgary Puck, Calgary Skyscraper or several other Calgary focused forums. Each is moderated in a slightly different fashion - hell, on Calgary Skyscraper your posts will just get removed without any explanation. That is a forum where there certainly appears to be way more favouritism than here in Beyond.

Never the less, I'll tip my hat to Beyond's moderators - it's a tough job. Been there, done that and don't envy them - a thick skin is needed and after all, they're human as well.
    Will fuck off, again.

Originally posted by kenny
    I think you have a huge misconception of what these forums are all about. We try to clean up the threads but a ton of stuff will be missed. Once some threads are derailed there is usually no point in saving it. This camping thread I saw it and cleaned it up and you're complaining? WTF is wrong with you?

Just like your camping thread title... I have no words.

Alright - at this point, it's not worth it. I don't really have a choice other than to take your word that it was a simple cleanup. I'll drop it and quit wasting everyone's time.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

The Internet is serious business

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Well shit... I didn't get to see all of adidas posts and now I can't judge him accordingly.

Let the people have their words and let their history stand.

But thats just me.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride

Seems to me that someone is on the rag...

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

I'm tempted to bump a super, SUPER old thread just to see the outcome.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

do it

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Has everyone forgotten what Ask Leo is for?

My Ride
    Indian Scout

His name is adidas. Always will be. And people will always know him by that.

My Ride
    Modded junk

Can we please move this to Leo and then have a Survivor?

Adidas vs. a random '14 grudge match. Two enter, one exits.

Originally posted by A790
    Has everyone forgotten what Ask Leo is for?

I honestly don't even know and can't be bothered to go read up on it (right now anyways). I chucked the thread in here based on Kenny's suggestion.

Are you coming over for a campfire this summer? I just finished my fire pit about an hour ago. Don't even think of bringing adidas with you

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'm a pretty big asshole. I think I should be pals with adidas.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

whatever, this is so fucking retarded.

Everyone knows Beyond has it's assholes, and if anyone is going to get this worked up over it and try to harass the asshole, should be lumped in with the asshole.

To be this concerned over it is pretty pathetic. You should be happy GTS_Jeff isn't around like he used to be, because if he was, I would hate to see how much sand you would get in your vag.

Assholes.

Now move on with your life.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast