Quantcast
Toma's pet peeve of the day....drive throughs.... - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Toma's pet peeve of the day....drive throughs....

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

my favourite thing is how even though I order the same thing at Tims each Friday morning, it always seems to end up being a different cost...

drive-thru always manage to get the order right and it's worth the extra 5 minute wait compared to walk in since they always get it wrong

it also appears to me that the drive thru gets priority over walk ins too? Or is that just my imagination?

(Tims at East Lake in Airdrie)

Most places seem to time their drive thru transactions and I believe try to meet time quotas.
    At McDonalds I've definitely noticed drive thru can be faster even when it's busy, but at Tim's its usually the opposite for me.

Have your mother fucking wallet ready to pay when you get to the window, don't ask how much and dig through your wallet.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Mista Bob
    Most places seem to time their drive thru transactions and I believe try to meet time quotas.
    They can save time by not asking me if I want to donate $2 every time I order a $1.89 coffee.

That's another thing I'm sick of. Not just drive-throughs, but fucking everywhere now "Would you like to donate $2 for blah blah blah".

I don't care if you're helping a super great cause, don't fucking ask me every time I'm at a cash register, trying to guilt trip me into donating by saying no.

Although I've gone from feeling slightly guilty, to feeling god damned angry and want to punch someone in the face whenever I hear that phrase now.

Originally posted by btimbit
    I laughed..

My Ride
    Genesis 2.0T

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

They can save time by not asking me if I want to donate $2 every time I order a $1.89 coffee.

That's another thing I'm sick of. Not just drive-throughs, but fucking everywhere now "Would you like to donate $2 for blah blah blah".

I don't care if you're helping a super great cause, don't fucking ask me every time I'm at a cash register, trying to guilt trip me into donating by saying no.

Although I've gone from feeling slightly guilty, to feeling god damned angry and want to punch someone in the face whenever I hear that phrase now.
    THIS X 1000

3 stops yesterday:

Safeway - Donate to cancer foundation, between 2 to 15+ dollars.

Tim Hortons - 2 ladies in the parking lot looking for donations and selling bears for Tim's camp.
    Tim Hortons drive thru - At the window, would I like to donate 2 dollars to the camp...

Wendy's - Donations for something, I couldn't even be bothered to listen.

These days no matter where I go EVERY place is looking for a guilt tripped donation.

Also hate when these fast food places have mandatory TIP when using debit. Can't say no, have to hit either % or $ and putting 0 doesn't work... first world problem right there.

My Ride
    a really big tow vehicle

I would start a punch mayhem if it was a mandatory tip feature at a fast food place. Fuck that.
    1999 NBS Silverado 4x4 awaiting an extensive build.
    6" BDS Lift is in. 37" mud grapplers. Built trans(by me) 4.10's, shaved ls6 heads, comp cam. More to come.

It's not mandatory. Just hit $ and then 0 then ok

My Ride
    Ford

i think .01 is more of a statement then zero
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by blairtruck
    i think .01 is more of a statement then zero
    I typically give them my 2 cents.

To add to the list of Tim's pet peaves. Leaky cups!

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by syscal
    To add to the list of Tim's pet peaves. Leaky cups!
    Its extremely annoying when the lid is put on wrong.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I quit Timmys just for how bad those cups and lids are. McDonalds is much better hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Originally posted by Royle9

THIS X 1000

3 stops yesterday:

Safeway - Donate to cancer foundation, between 2 to 15+ dollars.

Tim Hortons - 2 ladies in the parking lot looking for donations and selling bears for Tim's camp.
    Tim Hortons drive thru - At the window, would I like to donate 2 dollars to the camp...

Wendy's - Donations for something, I couldn't even be bothered to listen.

These days no matter where I go EVERY place is looking for a guilt tripped donation.

Also hate when these fast food places have mandatory TIP when using debit. Can't say no, have to hit either % or $ and putting 0 doesn't work... first world problem right there.
    I never donate to corporate shit - that's for the sheople/sheep-people to do. Two reasons:

1) You donate $2 to Wal-Mart's cause x - Walmart donates the money to a registered charity - Walmart gets the tax break. Congrats sheep, you just inadvertently donated money to a corporation and made them look good by removing money from your own bank account. I always suspected this was the case and confirmed it with our COO recently.

2) I dontate far more through income tax than the common man. Not bragging/wanting to get into an e-slong measuring contest - last year I paid more tax than a good chunk of Canadians made pre-tax. If I'm passionate about something, I'll support it - like fuck I'm donating through a corporation.

Originally posted by Env-Consultant

I never donate to corporate shit - that's for the sheople/sheep-people to do. Two reasons:

1) You donate $2 to Wal-Mart's cause x - Walmart donates the money to a registered charity - Walmart gets the tax break. Congrats sheep, you just inadvertently donated money to a corporation and made them look good by removing money from your own bank account. I always suspected this was the case and confirmed it with our COO recently.

2) I dontate far more through income tax than the common man. Not bragging/wanting to get into an e-slong measuring contest - last year I paid more tax than a good chunk of Canadians made pre-tax. If I'm passionate about something, I'll support it - like fuck I'm donating through a corporation.
    But you get to put your name on a sticker and put it on the wall! Its the short bus reward

Originally posted by jaeden

But you get to put your name on a sticker and put it on the wall! Its the short bus reward
    If said sticker is shaped like a shoe or a football, I'll pay $50 for one!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4