Quantcast
Use of electronics now allowed gate to gate in Canada - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Use of electronics now allowed gate to gate in Canada

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Default Use of electronics now allowed gate to gate in Canada

I think everyone knew the rule about shutting electronics down was BS, at least now Canada is following everyone else in allowing electronic use.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/passeng...aitt-1.1838508
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Has four wheels

Finally...no more F/A yelling "Sir...SIR!! Turn the camera OFF, NOW!!"

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

About god damned time, now if they would just let you opt out of the safety briefing, unnecessary announcements, and hearing everything twice, in English and French
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

About bloody time.

My 4th gen Ipod nano was such a threat to airline safety.

My Ride
    W204

Haha I think I am the only one who actually listens to the safety briefings and reads the safety card. Though in reality, if they plane is going down, you are more than likely royally fucked anyway.

I took a flight on Delta and they did have a very entertaining safety vid:

You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

Yes, the "seat cushion can be used as a floatation device in the event of a water landing", has always been my personal favorite. Ask any ATP pilot what the odds are of a successful water landing in anything but a very calm lake or river - pretty much nil. Seat cushions = help SAR find the crash scene, and that's about it.

I haven't flown commercial in a while, but used to 2x a week. I'd love to ask all the flight attendants now if they were just lying about the electronics interfering with the cockpit instruments, something they themselves no absolutely nothing about, and typically can't even name a single device or instrument up front, much less explain how a device that emits no radar or electronic signals on its own can "interfere" with anything.

What about over the ear headphones? Its such BS I cant listen to my music with my noise cancelling head phones but someone with ear buds can.

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by lasimmon
    What about over the ear headphones? Its such BS I cant listen to my music with my noise cancelling head phones but someone with ear buds can.
    I always thought it was opposite - you can NOT wear ear buds during take off and landing, but you CAN wear noise cancelling cans IF they are not plugged into anything. On more than a few occasions I've seen flight attendants tell people to remove ear buds, while ones wearing the noise cancelling headphones just show that the cable isn't plugged in and they're happy.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

Originally posted by clem24

I always thought it was opposite - you can NOT wear ear buds during take off and landing, but you CAN wear noise cancelling cans IF they are not plugged into anything. On more than a few occasions I've seen flight attendants tell people to remove ear buds, while ones wearing the noise cancelling headphones just show that the cable isn't plugged in and they're happy.
    This is why I usually wear a hoodie while flying, never had a problem since it started wearing one to hide headphones

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Originally posted by Gman.45
    I'd love to ask all the flight attendants now if they were just lying about the electronics interfering with the cockpit instruments, something they themselves no absolutely nothing about, and typically can't even name a single device or instrument up front, much less explain how a device that emits no radar or electronic signals on its own can "interfere" with anything.
    Or you could not be an ass and realize they were just doing their job.

Originally posted by finboy

This is why I usually wear a hoodie while flying, never had a problem since it started wearing one to hide headphones
    And you look more gangster

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Gman.45
    I haven't flown commercial in a while, but used to 2x a week. I'd love to ask all the flight attendants now if they were just lying about the electronics interfering with the cockpit instruments, something they themselves no absolutely nothing about, and typically can't even name a single device or instrument up front, much less explain how a device that emits no radar or electronic signals on its own can "interfere" with anything.
    They were told to enforce these rules. Nothing they can do about it.

As for safety instruction, can you ensure everyone on a flight are seasoned flyers and don't need that BS? Last thing you need is some idiot jamming up escape routes because they didn't listen. As much as I a recite the AC procedure, it's a necessary evil and I learn to tune out.

My Ride
    Corvette

Just hurry up with wifi on Canadian carriers already...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by lasimmon
    Originally posted by clem24
    The rule is you can wear ear bud headphones during takeoff and landing ONLY if it's connected to the inflight entertainment system. This is so they can pause/mute it and you can hear announcements.

You can't wear over hear headphones at all during takeoff and landing, regardless of what it's hooked up to, because it can tangle and choke you in an emergency, whereas earbuds pop right out when pulled.

Not sure if these rules are changed at all, doubtful.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by Stealth22
    Finally...no more F/A yelling "Sir...SIR!! Turn the camera OFF, NOW!!"

Look, if you'd just quit taking dick pics during takeoff this wouldn't be a problem.

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

Originally posted by Nufy

And you look more gangster
    It's one of those silver linings in life

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

The poll on the CTV site is retarded. How can "Don't like the new rules, people are already distracted enough" even be an option? It's not like the people using their e-book are flying. And in the event of an emergency, there will be either sufficient notice to put the thing away or it will happen so fast that it won't matter.

Last time coming back from work I was reading my book on my tablet and the guy next to me told me to turn it off and complained about the guy in the window seat sleeping because "people like us make him nervous flying". Moron.
    Last edited by FraserB; 05-26-2014 at 05:13 PM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    AE86

My Ride
    Celica GT-Four

Originally posted by rage2

The rule is you can wear ear bud headphones during takeoff and landing ONLY if it's connected to the inflight entertainment system. This is so they can pause/mute it and you can hear announcements.

You can't wear over hear headphones at all during takeoff and landing, regardless of what it's hooked up to, because it can tangle and choke you in an emergency, whereas earbuds pop right out when pulled.

Not sure if these rules are changed at all, doubtful.
    Still the same. And will continue to be the same for a long time to come.
    Now business class you can do whatever you want

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

College Humor has a great video about electronic devices on planes.
    Ultracrepidarian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast