Quantcast
Kenny's Tuning? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Kenny's Tuning?

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Default Kenny's Tuning?

Hey guys, anyone familiar with or heard of Kenny Austin's Tuning? I need a fork job done my FJR, and GW is looking at another 3 weeks to get it done. I heard about this guy from another source, and just wondered if anyone here had heard about him.

I apparently have all the parts, according to GW.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    V8s

Not what you were looking into, but I would suggest Rhyno Tuned Motorsports. He's a mechanic from a reputable shop, that also does work out of his garage. Top notch guy, very reasonable prices. He's done work on my dad's Husaberg dirt bike and also worked on my GSXR750, both with great results.

If you have trouble finding him, pm me for his contact. Cant say enough good things about him.

My Ride

Thanks man. I sent him an email.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

You may want to try Redline motorsports as well. Super cool guys, they dont fuck around and definitely dont screw you over either. Very reasonable prices.

Im always happy leaving that place.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    Hatred

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    You may want to try Redline motorsports as well. Super cool guys, they dont fuck around and definitely dont screw you over either. Very reasonable prices.

Great shop to deal with.
    -U

My Ride
    KTM

I am sure ProAction could do it.

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

Kenny is one of the best mechanics I ever met, and a great guy. do it
    Bought not built!

My Ride

Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Gah... but it's so FAAAAR in the dirty south... lol..

I'll give them a call.

My Ride

^ Its not bad at all, and quite easy to get to. Just DO NOT plan on going there past 3:30 on a weekday. The gridlock of that area is fucking retarded. Instead plan for a Saturday if you can, avoid all the traffic. Alternatively, you can also take it to "The olde bike shop" they work on a WIDE variety of bikes, and only charge $75/hr. My buddy just had the clutch on his '03 Gixxer 1000 done, along with a new set of tires. Not bad for $1k all in.
    http://www.oldmotorcycleshop.com/
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride

Yeah. Redline had me at, "We can do it Friday."

My Ride

Yeah, Redline is hard to beat. I bought my helmet there from them about two months ago, at a SMOKIN' deal. Im always been quite happy with that place. Its hard to beat them in any way.

My Ride

So, maybe it's a freak thing, but I picked up my bike from Redline last week. Rode it home, everything seemed ok. Today, I go to work, and I hear a faint rattling, but it's early, noisy, and it wasn't real loud. I thought maybe it was my kickstand plate rattling in the glove box....

On my way home today, up center street, the rattling gets WAY worse. So I pull over and start checking over the bike to find it. Turns out the tech at Redline didn't tighten down the bolts that hold the front brake assembly to the forks. It appears that they were only finger tightened, and not torqued down at all.

Glad I caught it and figured it out before I rolled a critical hit (for you DnD guys) I'm thinking this coulda been pretty bad if they came off alltogether into my front tire at speed...

Honestly, NOT impressed. I called and left a VM for them expressing my displeasure.

My Ride
    V8s

That's terrifying.

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

Jesus!! Better check it over and see if they missed anything else!
    Bought not built!

My Ride

It's on my list of things to do this week. I'm thinking I'll use some blue locktite to make sure nothing is going to come loose.

That's one thing I'm always concerned about working on someone's car. Making sure, I double check the bolts. Especially doing brakes. Don't want something like this to happen.
    A car is one thing, a bike could have meant a hospital trip.

You are very lucky to have caught it before tragedy struck. Absolutely not acceptable, and someone should be severely reprimanded or fired over their shoddy work. I realize its a busy time of year, but you could have easily paid for their mistake with your life. Please let us know what they do to rectify this incident.
    As a aside, I've been to Redline a few times when searching for accessories and they seemed like good guys. But what happens in the back can be another story. Have you ever been to Universal Cycle off of Edmonton Trail?

My Ride

I left them a VM explaining I was unhappy. Never heard back. Not worth my time to hassle them more.