Quantcast
What's Your Salary Now? - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: What is your personal annual salary + cash compensation?

Voters
374. You may not vote on this poll
  • <$50,000

34 9.09%
  • $50,000 - $69,999

68 18.18%
  • $70,000 - $89,999

91 24.33%
  • $90,000 - $119,999

88 23.53%
  • $120,000 - $149,999

27 7.22%
  • $150,000 - $179,999

21 5.61%
  • $180,000 +

45 12.03%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Salary Now?

Originally posted by Unknown303

FACT followed by Chances???

That statement doesn't seem like a fact at all.
    Fact is, if you sleep with many questionable women, chances are you are going to contract an STi. What kind of stupid are you?
    Last edited by AudiPWR; 06-19-2014 at 05:16 PM.

My Ride
    something green

Originally posted by BavarianBeast
    Fact is, if you are making $200k+ a year and have a passion for cars.

Chances are you're going to have fucking nice tools.
    fixed.
    Too loud for Aspen

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 08:29 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Originally posted by Cos
    The most well off people I know drive the most boring cars. The people I always thought had money, who had the nicest cars, I've learned over time have a HELOC (Sorry Max) or barely scrap together the cash but have to borrow money for lunch/pho. You can argue they aren't true enthusiasts but even 'true' enthusiasts probably spend less of their income proportionally on their cars than I do. You always seem to meet some guy driving a 1980 BMW 2002 that is MINT and happens to own a small and successful company. It usually has some cool story as he had one in University and never wish he sold it or something like that.

There are obviously some serious exceptions but the wealthiest people seem to spend a SMALLER proportion of income on their cars but start to buy real baller things, like $2mm houses, watches, vacations, boxes at the flames, etc.
    I think were talking about two different things here. Bavarian is talking about enthusiasts with a lot of money, not just normal people with a lot of money. The richest person I ever knew drove a caravan until he died, even long after his children had grown up. He did not care about cars, he did not know the specs on the newest lamborgini or ferrari. The enthusiast with money most likely would.

My Ride
    NC1

lol what are you talking about cos lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    NC1

I mean it's easy to sit there and speculate how people afford their possessions but does it really matter lol Some have it handed to them, some saved, some finance etc. If anything, there maybe a "suggested standard" but that's more of a guideline, make this much, afford this.

And just saying, gotta let the heloc jokes go, in the grand scheme, using a heloc is no different than waiting for approval from BMW Canada. It doesn't affect you but might make you feel a bit better cause you think that person can't/shouldn't afford/drive that car and you have your head screwed on straight because you aren't making that foolish decision. But I digress, just stop being a sputnik man.

Here, take your own advice.
    Originally posted by Cos

Why do people care what other people do in/for their lives? You dont know me and you dont know what I am capable of.
    This isn't pre-consumerism China, very few pay cash for things. Society would come to a halt if it was cash only and no credit.
    I am user #49

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by Cos
    Yeah I kind of started off that way but I would still argue that my second point is what he is talking about. I dont know many people who make $200k but live in the same house they were when they were making $100 and just spent the money on their cars. With money comes the house, the jewellery, the trips, and of course the car. However now that you have a $2mm house and not a $600,000 house, you need more money so you dont have the Ferrari, your back to a black series Merc. Perhaps instead of every 3 years you get one every 2 but it still isn't a 300-400k car.

That is kind of my point. A nice 911 is still a nice 911. Perhaps you get a GT3 now instead of a Turbo but when you are making 10x the money, you dont get 10x the car.
    I dunno man. I bought a $250k house in 2010 when my income was around $80k/yr, and now that my income is substantially north of that I still live in the $250k house and have no plans to move.

I kind of see what you're saying though.

I'm with Sam though: nobody buys with cash anymore. Hell, I could have bought my Jeep with cash (at the time) but chose to finance instead. Low interest rates and favorable lending terms cause me to ask why I would bother paying cash for big ticket items.

My Ride
    NC1

Oh ya all good lol heloc ftw
    I am user #49

My Ride
    NC1

For what it's worth my house portion of the heloc is already paid off, only toys left. Can sell all the toys and bring the balance to zero and then save up for a few years and rebuy my cars with cash but wtf is the point of that. that's ridiculous if you ask me. what is 3.5% interest when the indexes are returning double digits without doing a damn thing.
    I am user #49

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

Originally posted by A790
    Low interest rates and favorable lending terms cause me to ask why I would bother paying cash for big ticket items.
    Buying used, finance rates usually suck and if it's a private sale, cash is king. I'm out $40k cash in the last few months thanks to my recent used car and used boat purchases. In hindsight (and all HELOC jokes aside) maybe I should have HELOC'ed that shit and invested the cash. It just seemed wrong to buy a 10 year old used car (and a toy at that) on credit, even when I know I could do better than HELOC rates on investing the cash. How does everyone else buy their used cars say in the $20k-$50k range?

My Ride
    NC1

lol what difference does it make. unless you are free and clear you are just shifting things around.

i think things would get old fast being completely debt free and hoarding cash especially at this age. i'm on pace to wipe everything out by age 35 but i have a gf again so looks like that's not gonna happen so fast haha but hey, i could get married and make it profitable being chinese, oldest son etc. haha
    I am user #49

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by carson blocks
    How does everyone else buy their used cars say in the $20k-$50k range?
    Credit.

My Ride
    RX300

Originally posted by max_boost
    lol what difference does it make. unless you are free and clear you are just shifting things around.

i think things would get old fast being completely debt free and hoarding cash especially at this age. i'm on pace to wipe everything out by age 35 but i have a gf again so looks like that's not gonna happen so fast haha but hey, i could get married and make it profitable being chinese, oldest son etc. haha
    off topic…. gf again? wtf sam haha
    trying is the first step towards failure

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-02-2019 at 10:11 PM.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Originally posted by Cos

You think like me, except I have a smaller bank account. My last 3 toy's in the 20k range are cash. I usually heloc (no jokes) or take a loan to just see how out of pocket I'll be, then pay it off. The only two things I owe on are my truck and house. My latest toy, my trailer, when I looked at true financing for it made me sick. If I just paid their lown I would have owed 40k on a 20k trailer. I know not having cash probably freaks some people out but I like having things and no one can take them. Hell i sell them if I need and get more cash, not to satisfy a banker.

I've done the math and for me it isn't a big enough change. I am not talking like I have half a mill so the amount can be significant to me.

I'd rather be slightly poorer and debt free then stressed for 30 years and make an extra 100k.

Some people may also be worried about what may happen in the future, what if our market goes south? I was seriously considering putting down what I paid for my car and using my car allowance to finance an Aston, then I thought about how shitty it would be to make those payments if I left my job for whichever reason. Instead I just pocket that allowance monthly. Also, when I purchase I buy within my means, I don't take 100% or even 90% of my money and buy a car, I use much less so if things take a turn for the worse I still have a cushion + a vehicle that isn't costing me monthly.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My salary is low... really low. I see most of my income in the form of profits and dividends. I try and keep most of my money in my businesses to avoid paying taxes on it as personal income, and also to reinvest it in my businesses
    jordanturbo is like herpes... Always coming back for more

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 LastLast