Quantcast
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil. - Page 24 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil.

My Ride
    rally pig

did you guys see Muller's facebook feed?
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...64382670418290

dont think it's legit though as it joined FB 25min ago lol

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Originally posted by R!zz0
    Germans look strong, but i think Brazil will take it.
    Okay i was wrong
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

My Ride
    Z

no, you were right. Germany still looks strong
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-12-2020 at 11:03 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    S14|TB1

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

Originally posted by R154
    a 1) Leo Messi. 2) Di Maria. 3) Sergio Aguero. Go ARGENTINA!!!
    Di Maria out due to injury?

My Ride
    G6

Originally posted by black13
    I don't see Argentina winning tomorrow. Only Messi plays good consistently. Netherlands has Robben, Van Persie and just a better overall team.
    Van Persie isn't even playing today apparently. I think the difference will be on defense. Netherlands hasn't really been properly tested by either Mexico or Costa Rica. Argentina hasn't let a goal in since the round of 32. Also, Netherlands BARELY scraped by Costa Rica (shoot outs) and BARELY scraped by Mexico (with a penalty kick in the final few minutes) whereas Argentina dominated Belgium and Switzerland (in gameplay, despite low scores). To say Netherlands has a better team is obsurd. They're gonna get wrecked today.

Originally posted by Feruk

Van Persie isn't even playing today apparently. I think the difference will be on defense. Netherlands hasn't really been properly tested by either Mexico or Costa Rica. Argentina hasn't let a goal in since the round of 32. Also, Netherlands BARELY scraped by Costa Rica (shoot outs) and BARELY scraped by Mexico (with a penalty kick in the final few minutes) whereas Argentina dominated Belgium and Switzerland (in gameplay, despite low scores). To say Netherlands has a better team is obsurd. They're gonna get wrecked today.
    +1

I was going to write up my post, but this about sums it up.

I am hoping for an Argentina clean sweep. I really believe that Messi has been slow-playing his orchestrating abilities. I feel like we are about to see a composed and properly dominant Argentinian side. Although, I still feel like the game will be somewhat close. And yes, Di Maria is out on injury.

I think RVP, despite his illness will play; but likely wont start. He will come on as a last resort. If he does start, then the dutch were playing tactics. He probably has been more healthy then they have led on.

One thing is for sure, after yesterdays rape and pillage, both teams are going to leave it all on the field. Be damned a final. They saw what Germany did, neither side will allow that to happen to them.

You have to imagine that the confidence of Germany right now will not help them in the final. They played a game against a side that might as well have had 3 players. Who ever they face in the final will give them a run for their money, the likes of which Germany hasn't really come up against.

Though I am an Argentina fan, I cant help but feel utterly disappointed in Brasil.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Germany may feel quite confident but ultimately there is no one in their right mind on the German squad that expected that kind of ass kicking to ever occur, ever! I'm all for destroying Brazil (especially because I love Germany) but I lost interest like 30 minutes in! If they keep up their solid passing like they did against Brazil it'll only be a matter of time. But without Brazil's captain in the back, the entire defense just fell apart and that's the only reason they racked up so many goals. Julio had no chance on almost all the goals against him.

The Netherlands vs. Costa Rica game wasn't that bad, but not great either. Remember, they hit the crossbar like 3 times and missed multiple chances compared to Costa Rica who didn't have nearly as many scoring opportunities. Netherlands outplayed them but couldn't finish - Mexico was a different story but Mexico is in my opinion an extremely talented squad.
    Ultracrepidarian

World Cup refund

After Nigeria was eliminated from the world cup the Nigerian captain personally offered
    to refund all the expenses of fans that travelled to Brazil.

He said he just needs their bank details and pin numbers to complete the transaction...........

Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

I think the match will be a tight one, to knock the dutch because they played a tight one against CRC and Mexico is a bit rough.

I agree with others that Mexico is a very underrated talented team. That game RVP was also not well, and it was mainly Robben pushing the edge hard as he always does for corners. Netherlands has smoked so many posts/crossbars this tournament its ridiculous.

CRC played a 5/4/1 (or basicaly 6/3/1) pure defensive strategy hoping for an ugly counter/opportunity to win (of which they almost did in the last few minutes of extra time)
    Netherlands could have easily had that game around 3 or 4-0 if not for all the posts hit.
    They also had a much much more difficult route to get to the semis than argentina did aside from Belgium being a very tough squad. If Maria is not playing today it should be a very tough/close match.

Either way, Germany wins the finals (part german blood biased here hahaha)

My Ride
    old Toyotas

Originally posted by Feruk

Netherlands scraped by because they played actual good teams.

While Argentina has had the easiest road to the semi finals than any other team.

Iran, Nigeria, Bosnia, and then some 2nd tier European teams. Basically all these teams were bottom of the barrel while Netherlands has played (but struggled) against last WC champions and much much better teams.

Netherlands will be their first real opponent. Don't see them getting wrecked by Argentina. But we shall see, hard to predict world cup games this time around.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by Dave P
    World Cup refund

After Nigeria was eliminated from the world cup the Nigerian captain personally offered
    to refund all the expenses of fans that travelled to Brazil.

He said he just needs their bank details and pin numbers to complete the transaction...........
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by black13

Netherlands scraped by because they played actual good teams.

While Argentina has had the easiest road to the semi finals than any other team.

Iran, Nigeria, Bosnia, and then some 2nd tier European teams. Basically all these teams were bottom of the barrel while Netherlands has played (but struggled) against last WC champions and much much better teams.

Netherlands will be their first real opponent. Don't see them getting wrecked by Argentina. But we shall see, hard to predict world cup games this time around.
    Ha so the 6th and 11th ranked teams in the world are "2nd tier"? Ok then.

No slight against mexico (20th) or Costa Rica (28th), but lets be serious here.

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 01:21 AM.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by kaput
    Not very exciting so far. Both sides are playing really cautious.
    I feel normal again watching this type of paced game compared to yesterday

My Ride
    old Toyotas

Originally posted by lasimmon

Ha so the 6th and 11th ranked teams in the world are "2nd tier"? Ok then.

No slight against mexico (20th) or Costa Rica (28th), but lets be serious here.
    Those rankings are useless. They are based on too many useless statistics based on the past. Hence Spain is ranked #1 and they were among the first teams to go out.

And Netherlands is ranked lower than both Belgium and Swiss and yet here they are in the semi's while those teams are gone.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 ... LastLast