Quantcast
Spotted: Sneaky plain clothes police trucks (W part of City) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Spotted: Sneaky plain clothes police trucks (W part of City)

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Default Spotted: Sneaky plain clothes police trucks (W part of City)

For the last week Ive seen this guy in montgomery along 16th at dusk, and last couple of days along bow tr. And very recently along 17th ave sw between 101st and sarcee tr.

Cop drives a Black Dodge Ram 4x4 with tool storage unit on back with lights instead of handles. He doesnt have a computer or its not visible. Ive seen him wearing a HiVi vest on so he looks more inconspicuous.

Number plate is DWU 634

Also along 17th ave sw nearer the beltline I saw a dark blue Ford F150 with all the same things except no hi vi vest and his number plate was DWU 635.

Anyone been pulled over by him? or know of similar trucks.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Yup...quite a few of these pick-ups out there right now. There are also a couple dark colored SUV's. They like to drive up on down Crowchild in the North end around 8-10pm nabbing speeders on there.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

The ghost F150s are all over the south end of deerfoot by mckenzie and cranston. I dont mind them being there though, that stretch of deerfoot heading south is BRUTAL with speeders. I do 120 on there and get passed like im standing still most days.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Ive only seen them in the SW around aspen area recently. Never seen them in the ne part of deerfoot or any cop really.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

Originally posted by civic_stylez
    The ghost F150s are all over the south end of deerfoot by mckenzie and cranston. I dont mind them being there though, that stretch of deerfoot heading south is BRUTAL with speeders. I do 120 on there and get passed like im standing still most days.
    stop going so slow then....

My Ride
    Grimace

I thought there are three f-150 (grey, maroon, navy), one newer ram (black) and one older ram (silver). They always have a silver box in the back and lots of lights if you look close. Then a few ghost chargers and explorers and also a F250/350? super duty ford in like a greenish color.

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

They also have a nice MB Sprinter. Saw it pull over a bike on 17th. (Mr. Green Elmo)

My Ride
    STi

I've seen the ghost f-150s in the SW area by bow trail a few times. It's definitely pretty sneaky as they have the silver tool box in the back and they're parked by the construction zones making you think they're your typical construction truck.

My Ride
    Horse

That stretch of deerfoot heading south is BRUTAL with speeders. I do 120 on there and get passed like im standing still everyday.
    FTFY

When there is no traffic I chill in the middle lane doing 120. The two right lanes do ~100-110. That left lane has traffic usually at ~140. No idea how they never get nabbed.

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 01:41 AM.

My Ride
    Has four wheels

They seem to like the stealthy unmarked units a lot more now. They have a couple of new Explorers with lights in the windows. Not super difficult to spot, but you could be surprised from a distance.

I've also seen an unmarked maroon colored Ford Interceptor (Taurus) in Bowness once. Same model as the new black and white sedans, but he didn't have a pushbar on the front, to blend in more. It did have LED's in the grille though. I passed him going in the opposite direction, so I didn't see his license plate.

Originally posted by kaput
    I think they hide on the Sarcee Trail overpass with their lasers. I always keep a look out on that stretch but never see them, yet I've lost count of how many times they've caught up to someone and pulled them over northbound at the Nose Hill Drive exit, and not just between 8 and 10pm.
    RCMP and Sheriffs have used a similar tactic on the QE2 before, don't know if they still do. One or two guys will be on an overpass, crouched down with a laser gun, and they'll radio descriptions and/or license plates to their pals. About 1 or 2kms ahead, you'll see several cruisers parked with the reds and blues on, so as traffic slows to 60, they just point to all the speeders and pull em over.

And Crowchild is a goldmine for these guys. I don't know why people speed there so much. Its obviously not as bad as Stoney between McKenzie and Auburn Bay, but its so easy for them to pick you off.

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by TYMSMNY
    They also have a nice MB Sprinter. Saw it pull over a bike on 17th. (Mr. Green Elmo)
    A sprinter? Really?? Wouldn't be much of a contest between a bike and a sprinter LOL. Heck just pull into a parking garage and they can't even follow you!
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

they speed because the speed limit is artificially low. how the hell is it 60 until you make it to crowfoot? and how is it 80 until university?

crowchild should be min 100 for certain stretches.

There is a navy/royal blue newer Explorer that is always doing photo radar in school zones around Braeside/Southland. I see people getting nailed by it all the time, and it has flashes for the camera on top of it.

My Ride
    Horse

Originally posted by clem24

A sprinter? Really?? Wouldn't be much of a contest between a bike and a sprinter LOL. Heck just pull into a parking garage and they can't even follow you!
    They for sure have a black one. I wouldn't be surprised if they had white and grey though.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Originally posted by faiz999

stop going so slow then....
    LOL. I need to get my Cole Trickle custom plate and join in the Deerfoot 500.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

Originally posted by xnvy
    When there is no traffic I chill in the middle lane doing 120. The two right lanes do ~100-110. That left lane has traffic usually at ~140. No idea how they never get nabbed.
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about

It's pretty easy to spot parked trucks and SUVs on the side of Deerfoot, they stick out pretty badly. Not too hard to pick out most ghost vehicles during the day with the combination of unmarked pickup/Charger/Explorer, no trim/dealer stickers, no dealer license plate cover, different wheels, extra lights (side mirrors, fenders, bars) and fleet sticker.

If they put guys on the McKenzie Lake and 130th overpasses more regularly then I'm sure they'd bust me. I rarely check up there.

EDIT: $10 says I get a speeding ticket within a week now that I've posted this.

My Ride
    Horse

LOL. I need to get my Cole Trickle custom plate and join in the Deerfoot 500.
    If I see you on the highway

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by Mibz
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about

It's pretty easy to spot parked trucks and SUVs on the side of Deerfoot, they stick out pretty badly. Not too hard to pick out most ghost vehicles during the day with the combination of unmarked pickup/Charger/Explorer, no trim/dealer stickers, no dealer license plate cover, different wheels, extra lights (side mirrors, fenders, bars) and fleet sticker.

If they put guys on the McKenzie Lake and 130th overpasses more regularly then I'm sure they'd bust me. I rarely check up there.

EDIT: $10 says I get a speeding ticket within a week now that I've posted this.
    What the hell.... I was going to post this exact same thing but didn't want to jinx it either haha.

I'm usually pretty fed up with the whole rush hour Deerfoot at Southland/Anderson gong show so once it opens up around Barlow I speed. Has anyone seen the undercover cops during rush hour?

My Ride
    Horse

^I have not. I never speed too much though since I'm paranoid. I've only seen one person pulled over by a unmarked white F-150 at ~5:30 on southbound Deerfoot by where it splits off into Anderson. That was back in early May. Otherwise, I don't believe I've seen them.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast