Quantcast
Any thoughts on Calgary deep south community Legacy? - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Any thoughts on Calgary deep south community Legacy?

Originally posted by oz388
    The price of Legacy has gone up significantly this year, if you are looking for semi-estate or estate products, in my opinion the best community in SE Calgary is Riverstone of Cranston, do your research and you will find it's one of the kind. However for move-up or starter products, Legacy is still very competitive.

How so? What were the semi-estates listed for earlier in the year? I think currently they start around $640k for really base semi-estate on regular lot.

I also heard Legacy was slower selling for most of this year... is that true? It doesn't show up on the CREB reports yet

Originally posted by avishal26

I also heard Legacy was slower selling for most of this year... is that true? It doesn't show up on the CREB reports yet
    I don't know about the bigger homes, I bought a duplex in March of this year and moved in last month (they built it in 5 months). I think the entire block (22 homes) was sold in about a month, it seemed incredibly quick to me.

They also have a condo project that sold out in what seemed like a month.

There seem to be some larger homes (600k+) that sit on the market for a while after they are built, I don't know if the buyers back out or if they are spec homes, but the cheaper stuff seems to "fly off the shelf".

The lot I was looking in 2013 was cost $135k, this spring when I go back its already $155k, now it's at $185k...that's how they do business there, good luck buying. (sorry these r move up lot price, however in 2013 when i first dropped by Legacy they print everywhere that semi-estates starts at $500s, now u just said it costs $640 to start...)

How so? What were the semi-estates listed for earlier in the year? I think currently they start around $640k for really base semi-estate on regular lot.

Last edited by oz388; 09-02-2014 at 04:25 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

The lot I was looking in 2013 was cost $135k, this spring when I go back its already $155k, now it's at $185k...that's how they do business there, good luck buying. (sorry these r move up lot price, however in 2013 when i first dropped by Legacy they print everywhere that semi-estates starts at $500s, now u just said it costs $640 to start...)

They have to give phase 1 buyers an incentive to buy in the middle of a dirt field. The prices have gone up now that the community is further along (pathways around both ponds complete, playground, etc...) It's still cheaper than Walden but the gap is closing (as you would expect)

Ya I did notice all those signs were off by $100k lol

But as for lot prices, they are actually on par or cheaper than the rest of Calgary for similar lots. If you go to Nolan Hill for example, lots are upwards of $200k. Evanston I think is still around $180k

(The lots I'm talking about are 115ft x 35ft level and not backing out onto greenspace and not walkout)

Ya I did notice all those signs were off by $100k lol

But as for lot prices, they are actually on par or cheaper than the rest of Calgary for similar lots. If you go to Nolan Hill for example, lots are upwards of $200k. Evanston I think is still around $180k

(The lots I'm talking about are 115ft x 35ft level and not backing out onto greenspace and not walkout)
    For 35ft wide lot your house can only be 27ft wide (the widest part of ur house). Its fine if you are ok with a narrow garage; however I do think a minimum 22ft wide garage is required for today's house if you got 2 vehicles and one of them is a SUV. I think 24ft wide double car garage is ideal.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

For 35ft wide lot your house can only be 27ft wide (the widest part of ur house). Its fine if you are ok with a narrow garage; however I do think a minimum 22ft wide garage is required for today's house if you got 2 vehicles and one of them is a SUV. I think 24ft wide double car garage is ideal.
    While I do agree that 22 ft should be the norm for a garage if it is indeed going to house two cars... but I currently have a large sedan and a 7-seater SUV that I park in a 19ft wide garage - it can be done with enough room to open doors on all sides (carefully).

24ft just gives you more room to store lawn-mower etc along side the cars... which would be nice.

And I think on a 35ft lot most developers won't allow more than 24ft wide house?? iirc for curb appeal reasons.. depending on neighbourhood ofcourse.

But anyway - point was I was using 35ft lots to compare prices and Legacy doesn't seem out of whack comparitively speaking.

And I think on a 35ft lot most developers won't allow more than 24ft wide house?? iirc for curb appeal reasons.. depending on neighbourhood ofcourse.
    That seems like a lot (for newer communities), that would be 11 feet between houses, I would assume something like 8 feet distance would be minimum, which would be a 27 foot wide house.

BUMP!

so we built in riverstone in 2015 and 3 years later, the construction in our area has subsided quite significantly. lots of empty lots are now fully-built homes. however, my wife and i are now possibly looking at legacy; we're sort of kicking ourselves in the butt for not buying into legacy in the first place. it still seems like you can get quite a bit more for your money in legacy, compared to riverstone. we looked at prices in legacy, and we can get a bigger house with similar features, for a much lower price. we now take the c-train to work (i know i mentioned that "i will never work in downtown, EVER", a few pages back, but the economy forced me to haha!), and access to the c-train stations is now a factor.

we want to stay in the deep south because our family lives in shawnessy.

we've driven around legacy and it looks pertty nice. we're looking at a move-up home/estate home. for those who are in legacy, can any of you provide some insights on why you built in legacy over auburn bay, mahogany, cranston/riverstone, etc, aside from "bang for your buck"?

thanks!
    Last edited by nj2Type-S; 08-14-2018 at 03:35 PM.
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

There is nothing better about Legacy then Riverstone, Auburn Bay or Mahogany.... other then having cheaper lots. House build prices or ft2 prices should be nearly the same community to community. And I dont think the lot prices are THAT much less then Riverstone anyways.

I suppose you could argue that Legacy has more immediate commercial offerings over Riverstone (which has none) and better LRT access then all the communities east of Fish Creek.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

THAN THAN THAN THAN.... THHHAAAANNN

Ah... there I feel better

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I thought riverstone was supposed to be more upscale than legacy. Makes sense legacy is cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

I've spent a fair amount of time in Legacy in the last year installing cabinets in Stepper and Trico homes and I have to say it's quite a nice community. You've got the Bow River Valley on the east side, Pine Creek on the south side and it's got a brand new high school as well. Access isn't half bad either, from the north I'll take Deerfoot and come in the back way via Dunbow Road. Plenty of laned homes and it just seems to have a good feel about it.

Now it still isn't my cup of tea being an almost inner city dweller living on a 60 foot wide lot but it is much nicer than Saddleridge or Redstone and even nicer IMO than Seton or Auburn Bay. It is also quite quiet in Legacy, Deerfoot is quite a fair distance away and Macleod Trail kind of dips into a bit of a valley which reduces it's noise as well. One thing you'll have to be good at is roundabouts because Legacy is loaded with them and most of the masses don't have a clue about them.
    Last edited by speedog; 08-14-2018 at 09:36 PM.
    Will fuck off, again.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7