Quantcast
Thoughts on C63 values over the next couple of years? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on C63 values over the next couple of years?

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

Default Thoughts on C63 values over the next couple of years?

So I am very tempted to get into new daily with real power, it has been a long time since I have owned a sporty car. I'd love a Beyond civic and am struggling between a 2012 or 2013 C63 P31, or to cough up a bit more and get into a higher mileage early Porsche 997 Turbo.

I know myself well, and I do not keep cars more than a year or two, which makes me shy away from taking the depreciation hit of purchasing a brand new car. The car will be driven all year, but I do have a 4Runner that I'll keep and can be driven when it is really cold and icy out or if the snow is too deep.

Plus points on the Porsche include a manual transmission (which I love) and all wheel drive. I like the idea of the C63 because of the sound of the V8, and the fact that my son rides in a car with me almost everyday so a real backseat is a huge plus point.

I am wondering where people think the C63 is sitting on the depreciation curve right now? When I look at '12 and '13 models they seem to be around the high $50k-to low $60K range. Knowing that an all new C-class is coming out soon, do Beyonder's see this car being worth only $30k in a year or two when I eventually decide to sell it, or still up above $40k for a well optioned model with P31?

Thanks!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It's going to nosedive as soon as the new C63 comes out, regardless if it's a better or worse car than the predecessor. It's simple car economics, people like and buy new cars.

Don't trust C63 owners, they'll say it's the last of the big NA V8s and you'll never get one again so it'll hold value, but at the end of the day the C63 is a mass produced car, it's not a limited 911 GT3 RS 4.0 that'll hold value because it's the last MT GT3. You'll always be able to get another one in the used market.

Sincerely,
    A realistic C63 owner.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-01-2019 at 03:30 PM.

My Ride
    This and that.

When you say nosedive? What are you thinking? Like 2011's going for 20K in 4 years?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Yea, but he has kids, and as much as I loved my 996TT in the winter, I can't stand taking the car out with the family.

I'm putting on over twice the miles every year in the C63 compared to the CLK63 just because of the practicality.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

dibs on rage's black series next year for $40k!

My Ride
    335i

Early c63s can be found in the 30s right now, so it's entirely possible that the '12s will take a nosedive once a new model comes out.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

C63 prices have already taken a nosedive.

MBz have never held value. They never will.

It looks like the earlier versions have already lost close to 60% MSRP, I can only see that getting a lot lower. Look at the prices of the C55/SL55/etc, you can get these cars dirt cheap now.

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

Originally posted by rage2
    It's going to nosedive as soon as the new C63 comes out, regardless if it's a better or worse car than the predecessor.
    Originally posted by BavarianBeast

That is what I am most concerned about, in that case am I just better of buying an early 2008 or 2009 C63 in the 30's so the depreciation drop is potentially less ($10k vs $20k)? Is there that much of a difference in the driving experience of the two, I know 2012 is the year of the refresh? I have driven a 2010 model before and absolutely loved it, but it was an early build and did not have the performance package option (not available at the time if I remember correctly).

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Originally posted by mrsingh

That is what I am most concerned about, in that case am I just better of buying an early 2008 or 2009 C63 in the 30's so the depreciation drop is potentially less ($10k vs $20k)? Is there that much of a difference in the driving experience of the two, I know 2012 is the year of the refresh? I have driven a 2010 model before and absolutely loved it, but it was an early build and did not have the performance package option (not available at the time if I remember correctly).
    I think that's the best bet if you want to get a C63 this year.

I went out with two friends who both had C63's last week. Both C63s were stock, however one was a 2012 with P31 package and one was 2009 with NO P31 package. After running all the cars, the 2009 with NO p31 was only half a car length behind the 2012 that had the package. I don't think it makes a big difference.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by ercchry
    Good thing I got the limited edition box checked haha. With the rarity of the car, they're averaging 10% depreciation over 2 years right now.

Honestly, I love this car, probably won't get rid of it until someone packages this much fun with backseats for kids.

It looks like the earlier versions have already lost close to 60% MSRP, I can only see that getting a lot lower. Look at the prices of the C55/SL55/etc, you can get these cars dirt cheap now.
    C63 depreciation from what I've seen is pretty much bang on to average depreciation charts. MB has a bad rep for huge depreciation, but you're talking about their uber expensive cars that rich ppl throw away like the SL's, S, CL, etc.

Just get a chip, you'll unlock all the power that the performance pack gets you. The SLS internals are useless. 2010's with P30 package has LSD, and Dec and later build 2010's had P31.

Originally posted by rage2

Honestly, I love this car, probably won't get rid of it until someone packages this much fun with backseats for kids.
    Rage getting old when this qualifies as fun in the backseat. LOL

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by ercchry
    YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH.

The C63 would be more practical for you and the family without compromising the fun factor.

If you can wait, I'd see how the new model will affect the used market.

There's only a select few of cars that actually appreciate as time goes by and like what rage2 mentioned, it's mostly limited edition cars that either take a little hit or go up.

You can get an 09 with <100k km's for $40k so if you wait one more year, it could become low-mid 30s with subsequent years going for $10k +/-

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I can't wait for the 507 owners on the forums to start bitching about how their cars are depreciating.

I think it will be round about September when the W205 is released and we get to see the new C63.

I would wait to buy in September if I was buying used.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
    Rage getting old when this qualifies as fun in the backseat. LOL
    I should've worded it better haha. The backseat just adds practicality.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Hey rage2,

If you drive your C63 in place of your CLK63 for practicality, what is holding you back from boosting the CLK?

http://weistec.com/m156scs3.html

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

Hey rage2,

If you drive your C63 in place of your CLK63 for practicality, what is holding you back from boosting the CLK?

http://weistec.com/m156scs3.html

I am pretty sure he sold the CLK63BS a while back?

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

Originally posted by flipstah
    You can get an 09 with &lt;100k km's for $40k so if you wait one more year, it could become low-mid 30s with subsequent years going for $10k +/-
    I got offered a 2010 with 50,000 kms on it early last year for $42k, it was my old manager's car and he wanted an SUV. I am still kicking myself for not jumping on it.

My Ride
    Exploded.

I got offered a 2010 with 50,000 kms on it early last year for $42k, it was my old manager's car and he wanted an SUV. I am still kicking myself for not jumping on it.
    Aiya...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by benyl
    I can't wait for the 507 owners on the forums to start bitching about how their cars are depreciating.
    haha ya, 507 owners are a funny bunch. I just gave up arguing about it. From mbworld 507 owner:
    I have to disagree with you on this. This is the only version that has ever broken the 481hp mark other than the black series. More than that, it's the last year of a generation that has undoubtedly changed the game. Any rational minded person would consider the 507 far more coveted than any of the aforementioned editions.

rage2 is right. It's however many are ordered. However, being a single year production on the last year of the generation, I expect them to be relatively low on the numbers produced - especially since most want that little 5.5 liter for 2015.
    That was in reply to my comment about the 507 being really no different than a C63 with perf package with a fancy BS hood and isn't even a limited edition run. What's even funnier is that they extended 507 sales for another year for the coupes.

I am pretty sure he sold the CLK63BS a while back?
    Long gone and dearly missed. Although with my recent suspension tweaks, I'm enjoying the C63 more and missing the CLK63 less.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast