Quantcast
Can hardly get out of bed in the mornings! - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can hardly get out of bed in the mornings!

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    I used to be able to sleep 12 hr no problem when I was a fat, lazy, teenager.

Now that I am "older" (almost 30), I find it hard to sleep in past 10AM or get more than 8hr or so of sleep. I wake up tired after 5-6hr still, but it isn't that bad. I get 7-8 hours most nights and I'm pretty good. Anytime I plan to sleep in on weekends I wake up naturally after about 8 hours, so maybe it's just that I feel more tired when I wake up and know I have to go to work .

Definitely a night person though, not a fan of the super early morning and my bedtime is midnight every night.
    This is exactly the same for me, hated early mornings since I was a kid (to the point of faking illness to sleep ), anything more than maybe 9 hours of sleep on the weekends it is that overslept groggy feeling. I have always been a late night person, still sometimes can't get to easy sleep on weekdays. My fiancee on the other hand can pass out in 5 mins easy, wake up on the first few seconds of the phone alarm, quite jealous of that sometimes.

I only need maybe 6-7 hours sleep on weekdays to get up really early for work, I don't mind it now but I still fight my way to wake up in the morning.

I'll have to try this coffee and butter thing. There was something I read about eating a cold apple would wake you up more than coffee could, I tried it a few times but idk if it was just a placebo or sensitive teeth pain that woke me up

Originally posted by asd913
    Do you snore?
    Nope I don't snore according to the misses that slept with me. Did a sleepbot too and no talking or snoring. One of my partners said I did teeth grind once and blurted a word of profanity but never did again.

Originally posted by A790
    What's your activity like? Do you work out at all? Are you active?
    Pretty active, do heavy weights, running, biking, etc few times a week.

Originally posted by desto2para
    hows your mattress? I found when I bought a new one, it helped alot
    Yeah my mattress is a bit old but doesn't sag and is comfortable.

Thanks for the tips.
    Last edited by Nitron88; 06-11-2014 at 10:41 PM.

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Before i couldn't fall asleep and if i did, i wouldn't be able to get out of bed even after 12 hr sleep. Went to my Dr's and he gave me some sleeping pills. It's the best thing ever. Not only i fall asleep right away, but i feel fresh in the morning with 7-8 hours of sleep.
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

Do you know if you're "tossing and turning"? If so, perhaps it's some underlying stress?

Furthermore, tossing and turning is another ordeal that can be harmful to a good night’s rest. Similar to sleepwalking and sleep talking, tossing and turning can be brought on by stress. In addition, a poor night’s rest can add to stress and pour into the next night of sleep causing a downward spiral to your sleep health.

Often times, we think that tossing and turning is caused by being physically uncomfortable, however if your mind is not relaxed it does not matter how comfortable you are in bed. In other words, by alleviating your mind of all of its stresses it will allow your body to follow suit.
    http://www.sleepcare.com/index.php/r...ssing-turning/

About 15 minutes before you want to get out of bed, interlace your fingers together behind the back of your neck. Flap your elbows like a chicken for a few minutes. Do it enough times and you can train your body to wake up quicker and on schedule.

Also: Tell noone that you flap your arms like a chicken to wake up.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Originally posted by ZenOps
    About 15 minutes before you want to get out of bed, interlace your fingers together behind the back of your neck. Flap your elbows like a chicken for a few minutes.
    Damn. I do that as regular stretching.

It's poor quality sleep or too much stress, be it psychological, physical or chemical.

Hows your diet?

Smoke?

Recreational/prescription Drugs?

Try supplementing in ZMA

Overweight?

Go get some blood work done. Ask specifically if you have anemia and tell your doctor whats happening. Possible even heart issues.

Many reasons but the most important IMO is blood work

ha i remember as a teenager my dad would get so pissed off at me cause i could sleep til 2pm no problem on weekends.

Now, I'm lucky to sleep in til 7 on weekends. My body clock hits 6:13 and I'm awake, no matter if I'm in bed at 8pm or 4am, I'm up by 7, sober or drunk
    Last edited by Dumbass17; 07-04-2014 at 09:51 AM.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

OP - sounds like your cortisol hormone is out of whack.

Should be highest in the AM and lowest just before bed.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Fuck I wish I couldn't get out of bed... 5-6 hrs sleep tops and I'm up at 6 no alarm, work or no work rain or shine. Was still in the OR when I woke up from my knee surgery for fuck sakes that's how bad it is.

My Ride
    335i

Try a firmer mattress. I found that its much harder for me to wake up after sleeping on a soft mattress.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Used to be the same, I was very overweight (250-260) now I am healthier, quit smoking and when I try to sleep in on weekends my body wakes up on it's own at 8. My Tempurpedic stiff bed helped a lot, I find a have more quality sleeps, wake up groggy but after washing up I feel great.

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2