Quantcast
Can hardly get out of bed in the mornings! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can hardly get out of bed in the mornings!

Default Can hardly get out of bed in the mornings!

How many of you wake up for work in the mornings feeling refreshed after 6-8 hours of sleep vs feeling terrible and having to brute force yourself to get up?

Maybe I'm getting old but even as a kid at 12 I remember having a hell of a time getting out of bed in the mornings.

The horrid laggy & tired feeling lasts about ~ 30 mins while I get ready for work. After that I'm feeling good the rest of the day.

Is this normal? I have gone accustomed to it as being normal but others I talk to say they have no troubles getting up in the mornings despite < 6 hours of sleep.

If I sleep in until ~10am however, I get up feeling refreshed. Even if I slept earlier at 8pm and aim for 10 hours of sleep, I still feel tired unless I sleep in till ~10am.

Anyone gone to a sleep center for tests or got tips? Coffee would also be after getting ready for work so won't help with the getting out of bed part. I'm stumped - please share your situation/thoughts.
    Last edited by Nitron88; 06-11-2014 at 10:29 AM.

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

My wife cant get up in the morning, even after 8 or 9 hours of sleep, meanwhile i go to bed at 11 or 12 every night and get up at 5:30. Im awake after about 10 mins. I think its just some people aren't morning people, cant get up, etc..

I used to be able to sleep 12 hr no problem when I was a fat, lazy, teenager.

Now that I am "older" (almost 30), I find it hard to sleep in past 10AM or get more than 8hr or so of sleep. I wake up tired after 5-6hr still, but it isn't that bad. I get 7-8 hours most nights and I'm pretty good. Anytime I plan to sleep in on weekends I wake up naturally after about 8 hours, so maybe it's just that I feel more tired when I wake up and know I have to go to work .

Definitely a night person though, not a fan of the super early morning and my bedtime is midnight every night.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    I used to be able to sleep 12 hr no problem when I was a fat, lazy, teenager.

Now that I am &quot;older&quot; (almost 30), I find it hard to sleep in past 10AM or get more than 8hr or so of sleep. I wake up tired after 5-6hr still, but it isn't that bad. I get 7-8 hours most nights and I'm pretty good. Anytime I plan to sleep in on weekends I wake up naturally after about 8 hours, so maybe it's just that I feel more tired when I wake up and know I have to go to work .

Definitely a night person though, not a fan of the super early morning and my bedtime is midnight every night.
    This is exactly me as well. My mind tells me I get to sleep in on weekends and now that im 31, im up and doing yardwork at 830 and mowing by 10 lol. I usually hit the sack at 11:00, read/watch tv till 12 and am up for 6:30. One big thing i have implemented into my life is putting back a bottle of room temp water the second i wake up. A lot of health websites are promoting this as a great way to help your body get started. I also drink 3-4 liters of water at work throughout the day. I find the morning water really perks me up. I sit on the side of my bed the second i wake up a smash a bottle. Give that a try OP. Wont harm anything thats for sure.

http://ayearofproductivity.com/kille...r-you-wake-up/
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Back when I was drinking regularly, I'd live on 5 hrs of sleep a day, sleep late, fully refreshed and functional early in the mornings. Now that I've cut down significantly, I could easily sleep 12 hrs a day. I'm tired all the time. It's gotta be the booze.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Sleep quality > sleep quantity

read up on bulletproof exec. He's got some interesting ideas:

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Consider using a Sleep App like "Sleep" for Android. You place it on your bed and it will wake you up at an optimal time prior to your last possible time to wake up. An Optimal time meaning when your not in REM sleep. It actually works quite well from my experience, if you wake up during non REM sleep you don't get that walking zombie experience.

With that being said, the actual wilpower to get out of bed is another thing. I do find that I use it, wake up feeling okay but still tired and go back to sleep and the actual alarm wakes me up in an REM, sleep just making me feel worse than ordinary.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

Originally posted by zipdoa
    Sleep quality &gt; sleep quantity

read up on bulletproof exec. He's got some interesting ideas:

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/
    He's also full of shit. His bulletproof coffee was tested to be no different than other coffees. Him and Joe Rogan used to be good buddies, Joe even sold a bunch of the bulletproof stuff on his and Aubrey Marcus' website Onnit, now it's just the coffee without all of the claims. Previously Asprey was making claims that 'micotoxins' are in all of the other coffee and because of the way his was processed it was 'better quality'.

The butter in the coffee thing is legit tho, works quite well. Not sure about anything else that's on his website, but make sure to take it with a grain of salt.

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

My Ride

Originally posted by DeleriousZ

He's also full of shit. His bulletproof coffee was tested to be no different than other coffees. Him and Joe Rogan used to be good buddies, Joe even sold a bunch of the bulletproof stuff on his and Aubrey Marcus' website Onnit, now it's just the coffee without all of the claims. Previously Asprey was making claims that 'micotoxins' are in all of the other coffee and because of the way his was processed it was 'better quality'.

The butter in the coffee thing is legit tho, works quite well. Not sure about anything else that's on his website, but make sure to take it with a grain of salt.
    Ya, I definitely saw right through the marketing.

Butter + Coffee works ridiculously well.

Unfortunately he's trying to monetize some of his findings and ends up eroding a lot of the beneficial information he's offering.
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Butter and coffee? WTF? I read it......what kind of butter are you guys using, are you actually blending it or just stirring it in?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    Butter and coffee? WTF? I read it......what kind of butter are you guys using, are you actually blending it or just stirring it in?
    In the blendtec cause I'm a G. Non-salted Grass fed butter is ideal - apparently contains proper ratios of healthy fats, whereas cornfed cows produce unhealthy fats in their milk.

I suspect one could also use/add udo's oil or coconut oil to the mix

My Ride
    NC1

I feel like my days start around 10am. It's been that way my whole life. I hated getting up early for school. Working regular corporate hours would never work for me.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

For the OP: My guess is that it could be your diet. Also look to overload B vitamins. The water thing is good too.

I'm sure the butter will melt in the coffee after a minute or so then just stir it.
    I'd use solely coconut oil.

Also heard a rumor that the single serving cream and stuff for coffee is all Vegetable Oil. Truth?

Edit: Zipdoa: Udo's oil? You trying to kill us. lol Stuff has a bad taste on it's own. As well, that oil denatures with heat, ruining any healthy effects. Coconut oil doesn't denature with heat or if it does, not as readily as these other oils.
    Last edited by mr2mike; 06-11-2014 at 12:10 PM.

My Ride
    BMW X5

Do you snore? You could be falling out of deep sleep due to airways issues. This is sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is a major problem that can be corrected (to a reasonable degree) relatively easily. Google sleep apnea and heart disease.

A good dentist will know what to look for when it comes to the airway issues related to sleep apnea. Ask around for one that has studied airway issues and how to correct them.

I wear a correction appliance in my mouth when I sleep. I don't snore anymore. More importantly, it has made a huge difference on my sleep and my energy during the day.

My Ride

Originally posted by mr2mike

Edit: Zipdoa: Udo's oil? You trying to kill us. lol Stuff has a bad taste on it's own. As well, that oil denatures with heat, ruining any healthy effects. Coconut oil doesn't denature with heat or if it does, not as readily as these other oils.
    Does it? I didn't realize. I've been throwing Udo's in my shake for a couple years now. Good thing my shake is cold!

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

What's your activity like? Do you work out at all? Are you active?

Originally posted by zipdoa

Does it? I didn't realize. I've been throwing Udo's in my shake for a couple years now. Good thing my shake is cold!
    Yes, heat will ruin the essential fatty acids you're after.
    Cooking with it is for sure a don't do. In coffee, I think it's marginal on how much heat ruins it. You're probably okay depending on the coffee temp.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 02:09 PM.

My Ride
    Edge

Default Re: Can hardly get out of bed in the mornings!

Originally posted by Nitron88
    How many of you wake up for work in the mornings feeling refreshed after 6-8 hours of sleep vs feeling terrible and having to brute force yourself to get up?

Maybe I'm getting old but even as a kid at 12 I remember having a hell of a time getting out of bed in the mornings.

The horrid laggy &amp; tired feeling lasts about ~ 30 mins while I get ready for work. After that I'm feeling good the rest of the day.

Is this normal? I have gone accustomed to it as being normal but others I talk to say they have no troubles getting up in the mornings despite &lt; 6 hours of sleep.

If I sleep in until ~10am however, I get up feeling refreshed. Even if I slept earlier at 8pm and aim for 10 hours of sleep, I still feel tired unless I sleep in till ~10am.

Anyone gone to a sleep center for tests or got tips? Coffee would also be after getting ready for work so won't help with the getting out of bed part. I'm stumped - please share your situation/thoughts.
    That's been me every day, all day, for at least the last 19 years. I can't remember the last time I woke up feeling refreshed with energy for the day. It sucks. Sleep center said it wasn't sleep apnea, based on a take home monitoring system, but I know my sleeps are usually involve a fair amount of tossing and turning. For me I wasn't like this as a kid.

Interesting about the coffee and butter...

My Ride
    FD1

hows your mattress? I found when I bought a new one, it helped alot

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast