Quantcast
Cagers not sharing the roads with bikers. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cagers not sharing the roads with bikers.

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 08:24 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    Tundra, Z1000

I kind of thought the term "cager" was more directed at the stupid who drive cars?

I always thought of it as a derogatory term used to describe anyone driving a four wheeled vehicle who doesn't pay attention/almost hits you/talks on their phone/does their makeup/etc while driving....
    Tundra, Z1000

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Question

If you are driving a convertible are you still a cager?

What if you are riding one of these?

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

"cager" and other intentionally derogatory terms for people, like "sheeple" for example, immediately make me discredit the opinion of those who use them.

That being said, I ride a bike and I'd happily run a half dozen bikers off the road nearly every day in the summer. Tons of morons that'll deserve it when they finally get it, hopefully it won't be too serious a lesson when it happens.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-13-2019 at 01:18 AM.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

^

I hear that term all the time from mostly the sport bike crowd. Usually it's from the ones who actually deserve to get run off the road oddly enough.....
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 04-09-2015 at 04:24 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

never got into the whole super bike on the streets thing... sub 50hp bikes all day for me. still fun but you dont have to ride faster than everything else on the road to have that fun. hell today i rode into work and was so damn cold i was riding UNDER the speed limit, just planted in the right hand lane following some old farmer in a pickup with no desire to pass

twisties i'll give it a bit more... but i have no desire to put my face into the grill of an on coming car and again, my bike's limits are much lower than what the majority of riders in north america seem to think is necessary for fun so its still a thrill. riding a bike transforms me into a pretty mellow guy compared to a car actually... unless some asshole changes lanes into me. then i get pretty pissed off... but i've also been hit before... so i know how shitty the ground feels

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Urban dictionary describes it as so:

a popular word among motorcyclists and bicyclists for four wheeled motor vehicle drivers. The term is often used in a derogative sense, because the car body effectively forms a cage, isolating the said driver from having to interact with other road users.

The term was coined by motorcyclists.
    I don't totally agree with this definition and still stand by my earlier post in this thread.

A cager is (to me) a driver of a four wheeled machine who thinks the sole purpose of the roadway is to support cars and trucks and has a hatred toward anyone on 2 wheels.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Tundra, Z1000

"cager" and other intentionally derogatory terms for people, like "sheeple" for example, immediately make me discredit the opinion of those who use them.

That being said, I ride a bike and I'd happily run a half dozen bikers off the road nearly every day in the summer. Tons of morons that'll deserve it when they finally get it, hopefully it won't be too serious a lesson when it happens.
    I can't fathom why you would discredit someone who uses a derogatory term for someone who deserves it...?

Many people ARE sheep, yet they are people, why not call them sheeple?

When someone is blissfully a willing participant in mindless following of others, are they not just like a sheep?

Are the fools who join in with protest movements just because their best bud is doing it, not fools who are just doing something to fit in?

When someone votes for an electoral candidate based on how cool their twitter or facebook profile photo is, or how funny their online humor is, or how witty they are when they attack their opponents, but does not look at their platform, or their goals, or ideals, or their message, are they not a foolish sheep who simply follows along with the others?

Come on.... it's different if a derogatory statement isn't true, but by your opinion, a person who witnesses another driver driving like an idiot, cutting people off, almost hitting and killing others, or texting while driving, and then calls that bad driver an idiot, is not worthy of your respect? Just because they called someone a fitting, and true, derogatory term?

Sounds to me like a little bit of Liberal-minded nonsense (i.e. everyone is a valuable member of society, regardless of what they do or contribute, everyone's feelings are worthwhile and important, and anyone who messes up or does something that's clearly wrong is not truly at fault - it is the fault of society or family or friends for either influencing them badly, or for not teaching/raising them properly). That attitude is exactly why we have so many fools - no one is forced, or even suggested, to take responsibility for their own actions or choices. The new norm is to blame "society" or blame someone else, instead of telling someone "you're a damn fool and an idiot, and you deserve what is coming to you." That is a dangerous and abhorrent new "norm" to have in our society.

I, for one, am happy to tell someone the truth about their actions, no matter if it "hurts their feelings" or makes them "feel bad". Don't want to feel bad? Don't be an idiot.

I raise my daughter the same way (albeit without name calling, of course). If she is doing something stupid that might result in a minor injury, I will tell her once that she shouldn't do it, she'll get hurt. Given she's still young, I'll give her a second, and sometimes third warning (but generally won't "force" her to stop doing whatever it is she's doing). After the final warning, I stand back and allow her to continue. Inevitably, she sometimes ends up getting hurt a little. When that happens, my first response is "hurts doesn't it? Probably would have been a good idea to listen to Daddy, who loves you and wants the best for you, mmm?" Depending on the injury, I often simply tell her "Ok, get up. Yes, it hurts a little. No, I don't feel bad for you. You made that choice on your own, you're a big girl, and now you understand that our choices have consequences".

Do I do this if the impending injury is possibly serious? Of course not, I don't want to see broken bones or severe cuts or other serious injuries. Do I make fun of her for getting a minor injury? Of course not. But I'll tell you this - she's already, at her young age, more responsible and thinks things through far more than a great many adults I've met and dealt with in life.

If more people (adults and children) were treated in this manner, in a manner that forces them to think through their choices and actions, and in a manner which allows, and brings, consequences for, and commensurate to, their choices and actions, we would live in a much better society. We would see young people be less likely to get involved in gangs, criminal activity, and general stupidity. We would see adults behaving like adults, instead of teens who never grew up. We would even see politicians acting (a little bit) better.

Instead, we live in a society where everyone blames others for their idiocy.
    Tundra, Z1000

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2