Quantcast
Cagers not sharing the roads with bikers. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cagers not sharing the roads with bikers.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Default Cagers not sharing the roads with bikers.

I don't know how many more of these disgusting posts I'll see throughout the rest of my life. Might be a short life if I encounter one if these fools.

There is a new thing on facebook where people anonymously send "confessions" to a local confession page. The admins for those pages post these confessions on their page for the public to see. It wasn't long before an anti-motorcycle idiot made use of it.

Copied and pasted from their page...

"My confession is next time I get cut off by some dip sh*t on a pos motorcycle I won't jam the brakes, I'll drop a gear and ************. Hope ya enjoyed the air horn and drink , you stund €unt!" - This guy claims to be a class one professional driver of all things.

About two months ago, a local news page covered a motorcycle accident and a woman commented something along the lines of...

"The next motorcyclist I see, I'm going to ram off the road. They need to learn how to ride, blah, blah, blah."

Then right under that comment was a video from a guy who was recording two cruisers doing absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever but blasting their "riding style." It should be noted that he recorded the video while driving and holding his iphone on his dash.

Now yes there are some riders who are jackasses. But wow... Directly threatening some peoples lives is pure stupidity. The worst thing is, I have seen more and more of these comments being posted... and any anger is directed at (and only at) motorcyclists.

When a crash happens and the local news page covers it, one of the first comments is "I bet the motorcyclist cut the car off or was speeding or was (insert random speculation here).
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Trucks

Bikers should be more pro-active with saving their hides and be courteous, cautious, and humble for being allowed on the roads built for cars. Hitting or getting hit by a bike while in an automobile is an inconvenience, not much more. Kind of like mice running around in a barn full of horses, better be aware of your surroundings. Sure a few get squished, but mice don't kill themselves on their own flying off into poles and guard rails. Biker dies on road = meh. (his choice)

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 02:01 PM.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

This anger doesn't surprise me.... Ive encountered it my whole life while on bikes.... it literally doesn't surprise me in the least. Kind of an interesting point I'll make here (long read but worth it).

The reason people get so fucking upset with these absolute fuck tards on bikes, is because the fact that they really are fuck-tards. People often buy bikes, thinking that gives them a ticket to be a total douche on the roads, and since they're wearing their (anonymity providing) helmet, who would be the wiser?
    So I see a lot of people developing a deep rooted hatred for motorcyclists, of course those leather clad dirtbags on their obnoxiously loud Harley's really doesn't help matters in the least.

Its incredibly frustrating from my end, because I never (ever) ride like a douche, always super courteous and the like.... asides from speeding, I dont do anything wrong that would ever piss anybody off. So nobody has ever (ever) had an issue with me, or done anything remotely vulgar, but there are boat loads of other riders just like me out there, but nobody remembers that. All they remember is cunt on his Harley that woke up their infant as he rode past with his straight pipes.... or the fucking idiot weaving in between traffic on his gixxer, so that really doesn't help our cause. Trust me, when I see people being careless inconsiderate fucking retards on bikes, when Im in my car, I quickly turn into one of those guys trying to make him crash or kill himself.
    Ive had more then a few riders try to fend me off, but its like, sure... slam on your brakes you fucking moron, I'll give you a nice impromptu tour of the underside of my car or truck. Ive just fucking had it, for the 25 years Ive been riding.

Personally Im just so fucking sick of being labeled as one of those idiots, even though Im not, I just so happen to ride bikes myself, thats about the only thing I have in common.
    Hey if I can prevent one more fucking moron from ruining it for the entire motorcycle community, Im all for it.

That and I fucking hate that idiotic term "Cager" unfortunately, were all "cagers" in the winter, or when not on our bikes, thats such as a stupid term, I cant stand it.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 06-16-2014 at 05:47 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

I fucking hate bikers. So far this season I've encountered a bunch of asshats and clowns with a death wish.

Bikers DO need to learn how to ride. I nearly killed one a few days ago when he came flying up beside me in the shoulder as I was merging on to Barlow.

Oh yea, and I'm a biker.

My Ride
    This and that.

Some bikers are such retards it's ridiculous! Just yesterday saw this clown driving like a complete lunatic with one hand on his leg and going zig zag, completely slowing down then gunning it for no damn reason. Had like 50 LED's on his stupid has bike too.

My Ride
    '05 Wrx stage 2

Originally posted by Darell_n
    Bikers should be more pro-active with saving their hides and be courteous, cautious, and humble for being allowed on the roads built for cars. Hitting or getting hit by a bike while in an automobile is an inconvenience, not much more. Kind of like mice running around in a barn full of horses, better be aware of your surroundings. Sure a few get squished, but mice don't kill themselves on their own flying off into poles and guard rails. Biker dies on road = meh. (his choice)
    That's a pretty arrogant opinion I'd say. Roads are built for automobiles,not solely for cars. There are benefits to having more commuters on bikes like traffic flow, parking space and emissions (although I believe emissions is somewhat debatable). It just sucks when they ride like idiots and create a poor image for the lot.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

[waits patiently for scat]
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

I finally sold my Versys earlier in the spring, but I was always very proactive/cautious to ensure my own safety, to the best of my ability. Shared responsibility.

Still / lol at bikers calling people that drive cars "cagers", like they never drive enclosed vehicles themselves. Sorry, this isn't California where you can get by on a bike all year.

My Ride
    Horse

Originally posted by cherpintow

That's a pretty arrogant opinion I'd say. Roads are built for automobiles,not solely for cars. There are benefits to having more commuters on bikes like traffic flow, parking space and emissions (although I believe emissions is somewhat debatable). It just sucks when they ride like idiots and create a poor image for the lot.
    I don't think it's too far off though. The guys that ride like dicks had it coming. Normal bikers like I'm assuming Graham and A790 are, aren't deserving of that dismissive attitude though. And most of the bikers I see are dicks I feel. I only saw two today. One weaving through traffic on Deerfoot and another riding reasonably on Shaganappi except in low gear so his bike was nuking my ears.

But still a biker is even more vulnerable than a guy driving a Miata. And if driving a Miata teaches you anything it's to fear everything on the road because in a collision, the Miata always loses. Regardless, I try and give bikes their space. I don't care if someone was riding recklessly, even if they hit me, I don't want their death or injuries on my conscience.
    Last edited by xnvy; 06-16-2014 at 07:19 PM.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

There's shitty drivers and there's shitty riders, lately I've been really chilled out and realized if someone wants to be a dumbass, they can do it and will sit back and relax.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

I thought "cagers" referred to people that were completely against motorcycles. Not just anyone driving a car at any time of the year but people with a hatred towards people on two wheels... including cyclists.

But yah, where is snowcat?!?
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Trucks

If I'm out driving my ATV down a logging road I'll be the most respectful vehicle there and will have eyes on the back of my head. I won't be racing and weaving in and out of moving logging trucks, splitting lanes and passing on the shoulder. If I did, I deserve to die. Yes it's a road for automobiles, not suited well to small vulnerable ones.

My Ride
    1290SDR, 701SM

Originally posted by 16hypen3sp
    I thought "cagers" referred to people that were completely against motorcycles. Not just anyone driving a car at any time of the year but people with a hatred towards people on two wheels... including cyclists.

But yah, where is snowcat?!?
    In Vancouver.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by 16hypen3sp
    No, as much as I dislike cyclists myself (it drives me nuts having to slow down to 30 just to pass them on busy roads), "cager" refers to anybody in a car or truck really, which is why I strongly dislike the term, since we're all "cagers" given the month or time of the year, to lump all the car/truck drivers in the same boat to me is unfair. There are people that despise bikes, and I dont know what you'd call them, but I think "cager" is quite an unfitting term, since we all have cars/trucks ourselves.

Originally posted by xnvy
    I don't care if someone was riding recklessly, even if they hit me, I don't want their death or injuries on my conscience.
    Oh I do, I just wish I had my '95 F250 with 1.39 million on the clock here, and it was better on gas, then Id drive it often and encourage the fucking idiots to try their luck with me, since Id be MORE then happy to run over them. W/4wd, it has enough ground clearance to run over any idiot on his bike anyway.

Like Im just fucking done caring at this point, if you want to ride like a cunt, great! feel free to pay the price with me, I wont even stop when Im done giving them a tour of my undercarriage. Ill leave it to the next guy to clean it up. All of zero fucks are given at this point to the POS riders that give all of us a bad name.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 06-16-2014 at 09:26 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

I don't agree with prejudice directed toward all motorcyclists, but I understand where some of these people's anger issues stem from (big city lifestyle lol). Some people are jerks, their mode of transportation doesn't change anything.

That's why when I ride, I prepare like i'm going into battle. ATGATT.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Doesn't mean shit when you're dead.

Also, Mythbusters found that bikes have more emissions compared to a car equipped with a cat.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by A790
    Also, Mythbusters found that bikes have more emissions compared to a car equipped with a cat.
    I watched that episode, and I wouldn't cite it as a definitive answer. There were a LOT of unaccounted for variables, as well as I don't think they were really comparing apples to apples with the bikes/cars they chose.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Horse

I can't really remember that episode.

Didn't it say something like, bikes are more fuel efficient but they emit more of certain, considered to be harmful, gasses than cars?

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

As discussed in the douchey bikes thread, I think its the caliber of people that are buying bikes. I got into sportbikes based on my love of MotoGP and wanting to learn the craft and science of the sport. I know dozens of guys who buy bikes to look hardcore and have NO interest in the art of riding. "I want to go fast.." and nothing else.

Same can be said for gun owners... i wanted to learn how to shoot and took all the proper training and education to do so. I also see guys handling weapons in the most unsafe manner and are just asking for an accident/death.

Its how it goes. People are stupid. They dont think and the feeling of a bike makes them feel invincible. As 01RedDX said, you can only be responsible for yourself and your safety. It sucks to be grouped in with the squids, cagers and morons but its just reality. As long as people are on the road there will be the idiots on bikes, the pickup drivers that dont secure loads, the bmw douches doing burnouts a bullshits, the old/foreign person doing 60 on deerfoot in the left lane, the soccer moms on cell phones speeding through school zones that they just dropped their own kids off in and the cops that picked you even though the other guy was speeding faster than you. Ive just accepted it and my road rage has disappeared from what it was a few years back. Theres nothing you can do so i just mind my business and hope to make it home alive each time i throw a leg over the bike.

Just my .02.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast