Quantcast
Best Furniture Stores? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Furniture Stores?

Default Best Furniture Stores?

I know there have been some previous threads on beyond, but nothing super recent.

I am taking possession of a house approx in Nov so will need pretty much a full house worth of furniture. Any beyonders work @ a furniture store that I could come see? Looking to buy $10-15K worth of furniture. Even recommendations of best places to buy?

I went to Leon's earlier today and found a ton of stuff that I liked, but will have to compare with other stores for price/quality.

How are places like Leon's or the Brick? I am planning to drop a bit of money but it is for a ton of items (couple couches, sectional, coffee tables, bedroom sets) and want to get the best value for my dollar.

Leon's did say we could buy the items & they would hold it until possession & free delivery, and give 6 months to pay after that no interest. Any other stores that do similar promos (without setup/admin charges etc)

Thanks for the help!
    Originally posted by xLostx
    I like getting random texts, some guy kept texting me calling me his girl and baby, i told him that i have aids and he should get tested. he no longer texts me
    Originally posted by dimi

I'm a grammar paramedic, unlike those assholes from the grammar police.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I've always had good experiences with Leon's and Sears. Great selection and awesome pre and post sale service. I've also purchased at the Brick, prices are cheaper, and service is great but my entire spare bedroom set that I ordered showed up damaged last week. They're taking care of it but it's such a huge waste of time, and completely fucked my schedule. Mattresses showing up on Monday and I can't assemble a broke ass bed.

Don't think you really need a hookup, I've always been able to haggle down to 40-50% off no probs. List price at these places are very inflated because of cheap fuckers like me.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I spent close to 10k (after 25% off) at Ashley Furniture.

Took a while to get the right part for the bed as the wrong part came twice - overall about 4 months of wait (if not more). Customer service throughout the process was pretty good - nothing spectacular I don't think.

Quality so far is pretty good, but I have noticed the finish scratches easily on the coffee table and dining table I got. As for looks, Ashley has some pretty good stuff going from ultra traditional to ultra modern. That's why we bought our stuff there because we like the updated traditional stuff.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Well I'm changing my mind about the Brick. Working from home today because I was scheduled for a replacement, but apparently the headboard isn't in stock so they cancelled the delivery without telling me. They think it will be here Friday, and I have to call back (not them call me) to reschedule delivery. Meanwhile I have empty boxes, unassembled bedroom and a mattress sitting out in the open. Fuck the Brick.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Thanks for the replies! I will stay away from The Brick as I have heard some other horror stories!

Leon's and Ashley will be at the top of my list.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm happy to hear them!
    I like getting random texts, some guy kept texting me calling me his girl and baby, i told him that i have aids and he should get tested. he no longer texts me

My Ride
    335i

Take whatever you find at Ashley's and go to Fair Deal. You won't believe the price difference for the exact product.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    Take whatever you find at Ashley's and go to Fair Deal. You won't believe the price difference for the exact product.
    Is it actually the same product? or imitation with particle board etc.? Prices are not listed on their website, but they do seem to have a very similar collection to Ashley's.

My Ride
    Exploded.

I bought mine from Nordesign and I've been happy with their service.

Talk to Lorne and tell him that Don sent you.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Originally posted by avishal26

Is it actually the same product? or imitation with particle board etc.? Prices are not listed on their website, but they do seem to have a very similar collection to Ashley's.
    I ordered from Furniture Extreme on Macleod and they had all the same furniture as Ashley and ordered from the same warehouse.

Ashley had a 'VIP' 30% off sale and when I priced it out Furniture extreme was still ~10-15% cheaper yet.

They are delivering the furniture on Tuesday so I'll post an update when it arrives.

I have some 25$ off coupons if anyone wants one.

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

I have not bought furniture from them, but when I look at Costco they seem to have really good quality furniture. Anyone bought big items like a bedroom set or living room set from Costco?

have you guys ever bought one of those "buy a mattress set, and get a free tv" deals from the brick? are they worth it?

how much mark-ups do they have on furniture, and how hard did you have to haggle to get the price lowered (i.e. did you have to talk to a manager)?.
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Originally posted by nj2Type-S
    have you guys ever bought one of those "buy a mattress set, and get a free tv" deals from the brick? are they worth it?

how much mark-ups do they have on furniture, and how hard did you have to haggle to get the price lowered (i.e. did you have to talk to a manager)?.
    Furniture stores make a killing even with their crazy sales. They keep everything 20-30% off as a marketing tactic to use it as a: it's already on sale we can't go any lower or we'll lose money!

Also the free tv you usually get is usually the cheapest line and a year or two old model. Last time I saw they were giving away free 50" plasma tvs I found similar specd tv on sale for 300$ elsewhere, not much of a deal

One tactic that I tried (unsuccessfully I might add) at the Brick a while back was this:

"Keep the TV, give me market value of TV off in a discount."

I think this will work if you are persistent.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Those sets are usually trash and I'd rather have a lower price on the initial item I wanted vs. add-ons.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Judging by the stores talked about in this thread it should be renamed to "Cheap Furniture Stores".

You get what you pay for at these places. If you are looking to save money and are ok with a life span of 5 years, by all means but from:
    Leon's
    The Brick
    Ashley's
    Fair Deal...etc.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

Not sure if policies have changed @ Leon's, but went in on Monday and priced out ~13K worth of furniture. The salesman wouldn't budge at all on any prices, all he said is until the furniture is delivered & for 60 days after if any items go on sale they will credit us the difference.

That seems pretty crappy to me, so not sure if I will end up buying anything big from there, maybe just a couple smaller pieces.

I haven't had time to go anywhere else, but will update if I get some good deals anywhere.

Thanks for all the input!

My Ride
    Rocket in my pocket

Has anyone since bought from Furniture Extreme? They claim they sell Ashley furniture for less. How is the quality and would they be worth it?

BUMP!

has anybody bought sofas at Furniture Extreme? i like their "safia slate sofa", but for $600, what's the catch? lol. i know, i know.."you get what you pay for", but reviews for this place seems to be pretty good. Are there any room for price negotiations?

they do seem to carry similar items as Ashley Furniture, though.

Thanks!
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

My Ride
    Miss Daisy

We source from quite a few suppliers who have a lot of other styles that we don't carry because they're not really "industrial" so they don't fit our brand. Having said that, for every item in our store there's 100 different styles out there that we could bring in if we wanted to.

Feel free to post up what you have in mind and I can check if my suppliers have something similar and provide a quote and ETA.

www.industrialelements.ca

=====> Facebook - Like our page for promos, inventory, and shipment updates

=====> Instagram

Ikea?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast