Quantcast
Calgary Garage Builders?? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Calgary Garage Builders??

Default Calgary Garage Builders??

Hey everyone,

Looking to get our garage built sometime between now and October. Basically before the snow flies!

Interested in who you guys have used for builders? Our home builder wants an absurd amount of money for one.

We are looking for a 20x22 (or slightly larger), ideally someone who can do the project from start to finish. Cribbing, permitting, cement pad and structure. The house is semi-detached so there are restrictions on how wide we can go, but we would like to go deeper if possible.

Doesn't have to be the cheapest out there, we want a quality job and someone who is easy to work with and reliable. This house will become an income property in 5 or 6 years so we need something durable.

If any of you fine folks do this kind of work, or have some reviews to share that would be greatly appreciated!

Cam
    1995 FD RX7.... Summer
    2006 Outlander... Daily

My Ride
    SRT4- TOYOTA VENZA- CIVIC SIR

my cousin and i used calgary garage builder and 2 of my neighbors too.. we're pretty happy with the quality and price
    63_TUNERS

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

I got quotes from about 4 different places including Calgary Garage Builders but ended up going with Toy Box Garage. I have a 24X26 garage right up to my property line and they were awesome to deal with. They were extremely knowledgeable, took time to go through everything with me and were in constant communication. They were one of the higher quotes I got but the owners enthusiasm and dedication was what made me go with them.

The thing I liked most about Toy Box Garage was that it was the owner and a helper out there building my garage, they didn't sub the work out like Calgary Garage Builders did. The only thing they brought outside help in for was the cement pad and the overhead door, everything else was Toy Box Garage people.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Originally posted by schurchill39
    I got quotes from about 4 different places including Calgary Garage Builders but ended up going with Toy Box Garage. I have a 24X26 garage right up to my property line and they were awesome to deal with. They were extremely knowledgeable, took time to go through everything with me and were in constant communication. They were one of the higher quotes I got but the owners enthusiasm and dedication was what made me go with them.

The thing I liked most about Toy Box Garage was that it was the owner and a helper out there building my garage, they didn't sub the work out like Calgary Garage Builders did. The only thing they brought outside help in for was the cement pad and the overhead door, everything else was Toy Box Garage people.
    How much did it end up costing?

My Ride
    Hondas

I used plan-it builders a couple years ago and have no real complaints.

My Ride
    TDi

I used AAHI less than a year ago and it cost me somewhere between 22-24 (can't remember).

They started off strong with getting the concrete down and getting the frame up. Their electricians were kind of offputting and didn't test to make sure all lights were on, garage motor plugged in, tell us where remote was, or any of the small things. I asked how many lights they were going to install on the garage door side outside and was told 1. I bought 1 and they made spots for 2.

The actual quality of the build is good but I doubt I would ever use this company again. Lot's of back and forth. Blame here and there.
    GO FLAMES GO!