Quantcast
30 people get Tuberculoses at acupuncture clinic - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 30 people get Tuberculoses at acupuncture clinic

My Ride
    You Crazy

Default 30 people get Tuberculoses at acupuncture clinic

Lol...

Another reason to avoid the sham 'therapy'.

http://doubtfulnews.com/2014/06/30-p...uncture-clinic

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I'm surprised you don't believe in acupuncture.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

I dunno Toma... I've suffered some serious muscle spasms in my back, and compared to no therapy, Acupuncture made a significant difference.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

^ I'm opposite. Had phisio on my hip flexor and knee, both times had acupuncture on them and didn't think it did anything

My Ride
    AP1 / CRV

Originally posted by cet
    ^ I'm opposite. Had phisio on my hip flexor and knee, both times had acupuncture on them and didn't think it did anything
    all acupuncture is not equal. the type administered from physiotherapists is not on par with a traditional acupuncturist. Wife has tried both with injuries and said there is a noticeable difference in technique and results. I've also had very good results treating muscle knots and severe headaches with a good acupuncturist.

on topic with OP: if this is true (doubtfulnews.com....) yikes. definitely need to dispose of those needles properly.

on a side note I thought this BBC documentary provided a fairly objective preliminary analysis of acupuncture with science

My Ride
    W204

Default Re: 30 people get Tuberculoses at acupuncture clinic

Originally posted by Toma
    Lol...

Wait, this is in China? From the same clinic? Sounds like a hygiene issue. I was a doubter in acupuncture. Right up until I tried it. And now I go every month.

Seriously you of all people would call this a sham.. All I have to say is, there's NO drugs involved, there's hardly any risk as all needles are new, and best of all, covered under my health plan. Really, even if it is a 'sham', what am I losing here?
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

Lol...

I agree big pharm cures all

Science FTW!

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Worked well at breaking up scar tissue on my thumb joint along with graston, but that wasn't exactly traditional use, basically they jammed the needle into the scar tissue to break it up over and over, then worked it over with a graston blade so the body could absorb it faster. It hurt like a bitch but I have two working thumbs again

Basically this but on the next joint down...

sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    You Crazy

Acupuncture rates about as good as placebo treatment in terms of self reported relief.

Last study I read compared self reported effectiveness of treatment by 'experts' to sham treatments by untrained people. No difference.

Anything based on chakras and energy centres would seem suspect to meet lol.

I don't believe in chiro either. That is another one that is more show manship and placebo.

My Ride
    Bicycle

No a big fan but when western medicine fails (happens a lot), you may get lucky with holistic practices like this.

At a minimum, it may make you think you feel better which sometimes is half the battle.

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Acupuncture rates about as good as placebo treatment in terms of self reported relief.

Last study I read compared self reported effectiveness of treatment by 'experts' to sham treatments by untrained people. No difference.

I don't believe in chiro either. That is another one that is more show manship and placebo.

I didn't think any of that worked either. Saw it with my wife. Now, it may be coincidence, but it would be pretty far fetched. She had a pain in her chest, severe, doctors couldnt figure it out. She dealt with it for 3 days with pain killers, etc, got no sleep. Finally, her dad mentioned that maybe she should go to a chiropractor, as it could be a pinched nerve. With one treatment, it was about 80% gone. She went from bed ridden to up and about again, and then next treatment pretty much fixed it. This wasnt a "crack the bones" chiro, he used a pen with a weight in it or something. At any rate...it worked for her.

Things could have gone a lot worse:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/07...ncture-needle/

Acupuncture, Chiropractics, Naturopaths, Massages and Homeopathy it's all quackery. Acupuncture is also great for the tendency to cause deep tissue infections due to them sterilizing the needles but not the skin and driving the pathogens on the skin deep into the tissues.

Oh and stop with all the "Western" medicine BS. Medicine is medicine. The stuff that doesn't work is called Holistic. If you could prove it worked you wouldn't have to be scamming people into thinking it actually did something.

Oh, to be able to make broad statements and draw conclusions based on pure conjecture; how satisfying it must be to live a misinformed life.

Without specifying your source, the study population, and especially the outcome of interest it's difficult (read: impossible) to draw any sort of conclusion based on the ONE study you quote. Moreover the lack of evidence is no reason to avoid a particular therapy if efficacy is surmised and no safety issues exist.

My Ride
    CBR 929

There is acupuncture to balance your energy yes, then there is acupuncture to try and get a muscle to release, to increase the flow of endorphins and blood to the area to promote healing. They are different, and they feel different-traditional chinese acupuncture points to me don't hurt that much, they really don't feel like much of anything. Acupuncture done by my physio person is uncomfortable and slightly painful, but tolerable.

[url]

My Ride
    1290SDR, 701SM

Lol...

Look at the link - what clinic? Where? Horrible article and fake.

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Ok there may be a lot of bad acupuncture clinics out there but Chiro is covered by a lot of plans and many of their patients are referred to them by general physicians. Many of the Calgary Stampeders are referred to a chyro friend of mine by the team doctor to keep them in shape. She sees a couple a week during football season.

You could not be more wrong.

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

Originally posted by suen17

Oh, to be able to make broad statements and draw conclusions based on pure conjecture; how satisfying it must be to live a misinformed life.

Without specifying your source, the study population, and especially the outcome of interest it's difficult (read: impossible) to draw any sort of conclusion based on the ONE study you quote. Moreover the lack of evidence is no reason to avoid a particular therapy if efficacy is surmised and no safety issues exist.
    First time encountering a troll on the internet? Taking it personally gives them sustenance.

My Ride
    Celica GT-Four

You're all narrow minded if you don't believe in Naturopaths, Chiropractics, Acupuncture and masseuses. Mind you I'm coming from sport specific therapies.

7 years of school for a chiro....ummm must be a fake profession....

You're a fool to think otherwise because it does work.

I don't need to say anymore...Toma half the bullshit you post is more idiotic then not believing in most of these therapies. To each his own

My Ride
    Celica GT-Four

Originally posted by cet
    Physio is suppose to help relieve then supply proper exercises to rebuild and strengthen those specific muscles...Lengthen tendons by stretching...You have to put the work in to make a difference. Not nagging your mom to get her tit in your face for some milk

cheers

Originally posted by Milk2%

Physio is suppose to help relieve then supply proper exercises to rebuild and strengthen those specific muscles...Lengthen tendons by stretching...You have to put the work in to make a difference. Not nagging your mom to get her tit in your face for some milk

cheers
    Lol - don't get your panties in a bunch because I didn't think a treatment worked for me. I've been to physio numerous times for different sports injuries, and every time it's worked. I feel the few times I had acupuncture used on me to help with physio it didn't have an affect. It's my personal experience, nothing more, nothing less.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast