Quantcast
Flames Season Tickets - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flames Season Tickets

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Default Flames Season Tickets

Hey guys I figure there are a few sets of season ticket owners on here so i thought i might be able to get some frank advice.

I am considering trying to get a set of season tickets to the flames for next year and I want to know what the process is like.

So here it goes.

If i know someone who has the tickets currently (friends uncle) and wants out can i have them transferred to me? Do i have to be related to that person etc to allow the transfer ( ie can i get a transfer from some random person)?

If i go in the waiting list realistically would i get tickets this year?

Once i have them i have a friend or two who would be interesting in splitting which would be easy enough.

Am I missing something or being delusional here?

Thanks guys

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Flames won't let you transfer the tickets to someone else easily. They want non renewals to go back into the pool. You can add your name as a contact one year, and try to remove the other contact the next year for a "transfer". But most reps won't really allow that if they look at the history of the account.

They're pretty strict about that, but people have found workarounds. Some of the best luxury boxes are owned by paper companies, companies that in the 80's won the luxury suite lottery when the Dome was first built, and have since gone under. Companies just buy/sell ownership of these paper companies to move the box ownership around.

With that being said, your best bet is to convert the tickets to a company that you own, the Flames are more than willing to do that. Then it's much easier to switch contacts around without being suspicious. Put the tickets under a company, and you can "sell" the company to move the tickets around without having to drop back into the pool.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

That's what I was concerned about, and it makes complete sense.

Is the wait list ridiculous, like is it worth the 100 fucking dollars a year to go on it if I wont get them this or next year?

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by killramos

Is the wait list ridiculous, like is it worth the 100 fucking dollars a year to go on it if I wont get them this or next year?
    I think it has been moving relatively quickly the last couple season (lots of info on Calgary puck on this) but regardless I think its a total scam of $100.

I bet renewals will be higher this year than they have in the last several. All depends on how many people drop their tickets in the bowl you're waiting for (ie: good luck getting lower bowl seats or row 1-3 press level seasons).

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Don't expect great seats the first year. It took us 3 years to finally get a decent seating location. Of course it was a little more difficult for us having 4 tickets.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I was on the waitlist for 4 years. In those 4 years though they did offer nosebleed season tickets (which I tried for a year lol). Then they offered another season ticket package which was every game but random seats (I actually liked this). Then finally last year I was offered my real season seats.

I had asked for lower bowl but that was only offered to me this year. Passed on them since it was on the end and just stayed in the second level for another year.

I've been told if you do sign up for the waitlist to request lower bowl because then they will offer you anything that becomes available. If you request 2nd level they won't offer anything better. I don't know how much truth there is to this.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

But realistically I would get seats?

I'm ok with paying the hundred if I have a reasonable chance. I don't even mind the concept of "bad" seats this year and work my way down. I'm obviously not buying lower bowl anyways. I drive a BMW not an Aston.

fact.

I don't think you would get them next year. If I waited 4 years I don't see how you could get them first year. Unless you buy nose bleed / press level. Then yes I think you would get them.

That's what I was concerned about, and it makes complete sense.

I think it's TOTALLY worth it!!!

I was going to go on the wait list , and I don't even want to get season tickets. I think it's a GREAT deal, the $100/year. You get two flames games, plus FOUR Hitmen games for that $100 bucks!! Plus 25% discount at the Fanattic store. And you can purchase individual game tickets before they go on sale to general public!!

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Ok guys I appreciate the advice you have given me some stuff to think about.

Sorry roopi your post wasn't there when I replied. Still maybe it's something to do now so I can cash in a few years when I can more properly afford good seats!

With regards to "working your way up" do current holders get first dibs or is it the same lottery for everyone (ie if you try to do better can you get burned and end up with PL again)

fact.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by C_Dave45

I think it's TOTALLY worth it!!!

I was going to go on the wait list , and I don't even want to get season tickets. I think it's a GREAT deal, the $100/year. You get two flames games, plus FOUR Hitmen games for that $100 bucks!! Plus 25% discount at the Fanattic store. And you can purchase individual game tickets before they go on sale to general public!!
    If you can swing it buy game packs. I get 9 games (they throw in a pre-season game for free) for the price of 8 games. And we get the early ticket sales, dibs on playoff tickets and the fanatic discount.

With regards to "working your way up" do current holders get first dibs or is it the same lottery for everyone (ie if you try to do better can you get burned and end up with PL again)
    Current holders get first options to move seats each year. Basically if someone cancels first existing holders get option to move. Once all existing holders are done moving then the empty seats are offered to new buyers.

So it takes time to get where you want. Like Dave said it's not a bad deal paying the $100/year.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by roopi

Current holders get first options to move seats each year. Basically if someone cancels first existing holders get option to move. Once all existing holders are done moving then the empty seats are offered to new buyers.

So it takes time to get where you want. Like Dave said it's not a bad deal paying the $100/year.

Sounds like a fun process really as long as you don't take it to seriously. I'm getting kindof pumped now!

Edit: Oh one more thing. Since I'm planning of spitting these with a buddy should I buy the 2 waiting lists spots on one (my) account or would it work for me to buy and him to buy?

fact.

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 04:24 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

So a quick bump for this, i was looking to waitlist on the wekeend but it seems like only the 2014-2015 season is avialable ( associated with the free tickets only for the 2014-2015 season).

Anyone know when it will switch over and let me buy into 2015-2016. I don't want to waste a hundred bucks to get tickets to a season which they wont give me ( past the selected games i imagine).

Or is that not how it works. I worry because every line of the signup says 2014-2015 all over it which seems like they are trying to cover their asses for this exact situation.

fact.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

So a quick bump for this, i was looking to waitlist on the wekeend but it seems like only the 2014-2015 season is avialable ( associated with the free tickets only for the 2014-2015 season).

Anyone know when it will switch over and let me buy into 2015-2016. I don't want to waste a hundred bucks to get tickets to a season which they wont give me ( past the selected games i imagine).

Or is that not how it works. I worry because every line of the signup says 2014-2015 all over it which seems like they are trying to cover their asses for this exact situation.
    Bump to see if anyone has an answer here.

Hot House explicitly mentions 2014-2015 season. If i join now am i going to get charged once for this season ( where i wont get any of the benefits) or will i be in for 2015-2016.

fact.

My Ride
    12 audi a5

If your looking for second bowl seats it's currently about a 3 year wait period.
    Based on how there performance this year, this list might increase.

If your looking for first bowl seats the wait is a little bit less i think just over a year.

Just give the customer service a call. There usually pretty easy going and can answer it best.
    403-777-4646

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Yea, why not just call them?

My guess is you pay now and get on the list for next season.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by locust
    If your looking for second bowl seats it's currently about a 3 year wait period.
    Based on how there performance this year, this list might increase.

If your looking for first bowl seats the wait is a little bit less i think just over a year.

Just give the customer service a call. There usually pretty easy going and can answer it best.
    403-777-4646

FFS, oh well i'll still go on the list. Who knows, its something i want so might as well get on the list now...

Over on Calgary puck i was seeing that PL seats were pretty quick. If i go PL this year can i go for 2nd bowl next year or something like that?

Ill give them a call after lunch and ill post the result on here for anyone elses reference.

fact.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

FFS, oh well i'll still go on the list. Who knows, its something i want so might as well get on the list now...

Over on Calgary puck i was seeing that PL seats were pretty quick. If i go PL this year can i go for 2nd bowl next year or something like that?
    There is no guarantee that you can upgrade next season or even the season after to second bowl. It's strictly based on supply and demand. And with the team playing so good demand is higher now that it has been in several years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast