Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2014-2015 Edition - Page 81 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 81 of 96 FirstFirst ... 71 80 81 82 91 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1916

Thread: Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2014-2015 Edition

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by Dave P
    Any word on Gio making a return?
    He's been skating for a while now (couple week)... he's also shooting the puck. Original schedule was out for 4-6 months and its been 2 since he got hurt

The team won't release anything official until he's out there playing so who knows.

Gio's quote:

“I have to meet with the surgeon a bunch more times before that becomes a reality, but I feel good. I feel like hopefully the rehab is going better than expected, but it’s still a bit early for that,” Giordano said. “I really have to start gaining my strength and stuff back. Hopefully, we go really deep and then we have a decision to make afterwards, but right now it’s still a bit early.”

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Rewatched our 5 meetings with Anaheim to jog my memory, we definitely have to start Hiller. He's been great against the Ducks, with the exception of that one bizarro 3rd period Ducks comeback. Flames in 6 for this series.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Yeah Gio doesn't want to throw away next season just to try and chip in for a couple games you wouldn't think. I can't really see it as a playing possum act either. It's going to be one tough series but if they manage to split the first two, anything is possible.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Hiller is confirmed to start game one as per my Score app 5 minutes ago.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Hiller will be motivated to show the Ducks they made a mistake by letting him go

My Ride
    a tank

I like this quote

Anaheim: YOU SCORE FIRST
    Calgary: NO YOU

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    04 EP3'

released schedule

flames play thurs and sun

if tampa advances, than our home games are tues and fri

if detroit advances, than our home games are wed and fri

perfect schedule as we won't have to miss the fight this weekend!

My Ride
    B&W M3

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/?id=816892

I get it, the Flames have shitty possession statistics.

In any event, it's still funny that "which team has a better chance of making a comeback" had the Flames ranked 28th.

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by mr2mike
    I'll remind everyone. Flames in 2004 had to play Detroit. President Trophy winners that year. Then onto San Jose who were a very strong team as well.
    Sometimes it is about the matchup. I'm 90% sure that Calgary won the season series against Detroit that year, might have even swept them. I wasn't surprised Flames won that round.

We didn't play that well against Anaheim this year, and if we can't win an away game there we're screwed.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

We played pretty decent against the Ducks this year. I watched them all the last few days.

Game 1 was decent, but man did we look different. We were skating around all over the place, got some lucky bounces and somehow found a way to come back and win in SO. Hiller played excellent.

Game 2 we played well. Hiller did alright, some unfortunate bounces and bad rebound control. We were still a little all over the map, but you can see us improving in positioning. Lost this one.

Game 3 we started Ortio and he played like shit. Let in 4 goals before getting pulled. Hiller played solid after that, and we outscored them 3-1. Pulled the goalie and Ducks added another.

Game 4 was hilarious to watch. We were up 2-1 going into the 3rd. Then crazy shit went down. Duck shot hits back boards, bounces back onto Hiller's back and goes in. Hiller somehow missed covering the puck and they slip it in. Anaheim beats us by scores 4 crazy goals in the 3rd. We lose this one.

Game 5 we played Ramo. He was rusty or something, but played like crap at the start, giving Ducks a 2-0 lead. As he settled down, we bury our chances and take the game 6-3.

Watching the games, a pattern emerged. Hiller played really well against them (for some reason I thought he played shitty), and most of the Anaheim goals are from dumping in rebounds close up. They're able to out muscle us for position to grab the rebounds, especially in the earlier games. We seem to have figured that out by Game 3 and really limited their chances. If we played Hiller through the regular season series, I have no doubt that we would've won the series.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    TDi

My Ride
    a tank

Originally posted by rage2
    We played pretty decent against the Ducks this year. I watched them all the last few days.

Game 1 was decent, but man did we look different. We were skating around all over the place, got some lucky bounces and somehow found a way to come back and win in SO. Hiller played excellent.

Game 2 we played well. Hiller did alright, some unfortunate bounces and bad rebound control. We were still a little all over the map, but you can see us improving in positioning. Lost this one.

Game 3 we started Ortio and he played like shit. Let in 4 goals before getting pulled. Hiller played solid after that, and we outscored them 3-1. Pulled the goalie and Ducks added another.

Game 4 was hilarious to watch. We were up 2-1 going into the 3rd. Then crazy shit went down. Duck shot hits back boards, bounces back onto Hiller's back and goes in. Hiller somehow missed covering the puck and they slip it in. Anaheim beats us by scores 4 crazy goals in the 3rd. We lose this one.

Game 5 we played Ramo. He was rusty or something, but played like crap at the start, giving Ducks a 2-0 lead. As he settled down, we bury our chances and take the game 6-3.

Watching the games, a pattern emerged. Hiller played really well against them (for some reason I thought he played shitty), and most of the Anaheim goals are from dumping in rebounds close up. They're able to out muscle us for position to grab the rebounds, especially in the earlier games. We seem to have figured that out by Game 3 and really limited their chances. If we played Hiller through the regular season series, I have no doubt that we would've won the series.
    I guess that is why Hiller is starting in net

these days I have been told there isnt really a top seed vs bottom seed matches in the post season. Any team could win, while I tend to believe the team that is expected to win has more pressure and teams with nothing to lose enjoys the challenge.

If Flames could somehow pull of a win in the first game then we will have them on their heels for the rest of the series imo.
    Last edited by SilverRex; 04-29-2015 at 09:28 AM.

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by rage2
    We played pretty decent against the Ducks this year. I watched them all the last few days..
    I have a little more faith now.

Ducks are a heavy team and trump the Flames in practically every position. Hopefully they can tire them out with speed and forecheck and pray for Hiller to have extra motivation in beating his old club. Hartley is a great coach and knows how to work his lineup. It won't be as easy for the Ducks this time around.

My Ride
    a tank

Originally posted by Quizzes
    Ducks are a heavy team and trump the Flames in practically every position. Hopefully they can tire them out with speed and forecheck and pray for Hiller to have extra motivation in beating his old club. Hartley is a great coach and knows how to work his lineup. It won't be as easy for the Ducks this time around.

I think the real advantage the flames have all season long is their conditioning and how much more energy they can bring to the game during period 3 and on.

imo the key factor is to be able to contain the ducks and keep the game close for the 1st or 2nd period. As long as the Flames can hold the fort well enough to the 3rd period, they get the best chances at winning

Originally posted by SilverRex
    I think the real advantage the flames have all season long is their conditioning and how much more energy they can bring to the game during period 3 and on.

imo the key factor is to be able to contain the ducks and keep the game close for the 1st or 2nd period. As long as the Flames can hold the fort well enough to the 3rd period, they get the best chances at winning
    Except the Ducks are known for the exact same thing. It's not an advantage for us anymore.

My Ride
    a tank

Originally posted by Mibz
    Except the Ducks are known for the exact same thing. It's not an advantage for us anymore.
    on paper yes, but i tend to believe the youth of the Flames would mean something. after all, arnt the Flames the youngest group in the NHL?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Flames are not being physical enough this game at all.

We will lose if they don't step that up.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    K20A2

Geez not good
    Built with Chopsticks

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

This is gonna be a short series haha

Page 81 of 96 FirstFirst ... 71 80 81 82 91 ... LastLast