Quantcast
Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2014-2015 Edition - Page 63 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 63 of 96 FirstFirst ... 53 62 63 64 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1916

Thread: Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2014-2015 Edition

Chris Cuthbert gets it done right... now there's a solid play-by-play choice.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

I want to hear more about the legend of Eddie Lack.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    K20A2

So is England suspended for 2 games?
    Built with Chopsticks

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Y'all complaining about shitty commentating on that game... that was nothing compared to the godawful job Sportsnet is doing for the Jets games.

With that said, if we were playing the "take a shot whenever they show Lack's dad" game, I'd be fucking dead.

The Legend of Eddie Lack... geezus... we're game 2 of a quarter final series, ease up a bit on the dramatics, Hughson.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by 95EG6P
    So is England suspended for 2 games?
    I haven't heard anything official yet, but the instigator at the end if the game should be 1 game, and the 2 additional misconducts should be 2 more, for a total of 3 if I understand the rules correctly.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    NC1

Oh man can't wait for Johnny Hockey + Hudler vs the Sedins in a scrap haha

89/94/04, I hope this is another long epic series
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

I haven't heard anything official yet, but the instigator at the end if the game should be 1 game, and the 2 additional misconducts should be 2 more, for a total of 3 if I understand the rules correctly.
    According to Bob McKenzie the GMs were in different categories and thus don't add up to be auto-suspensions, but he would get a suspension once he gets another GM.

http://www.tsn.ca/engelland-could-fa...ducts-1.260320

I bet because it's the playoffs he won't even get the suspension for the end of game instigator once the NHL reviews it. Should make for a good game 3.
    ---

Thanks to reading the Canucks forums, I found an alternate angle on gamecenter that sorta explains the Engelland misconducts. He took Dorsett to the ground and laid down quite a beating on him. Reason why Hamhuis came in was to pull him off and hold back Engelland but instead he just started beating on both guys.

Gimme a bit to post the vid.

Good calls by the refs IMO.
    Thanks for sharing this, and maybe I'm a homer but I'm still not sure I get it. Sure Engelland could be penalized for throwing punches when they're both down but I've seem that happen pretty often (admittedly he lands some good shots), but Richardson was doing the exact same thing and threw and elbow from what I saw.

And sure I can see Hamhuis jumping into pull them off, but after the refs separate them, Dorsett comes in and engages them again and throws a sucker punch. Isn't Dorsett the instigator there?

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
    Y'all complaining about shitty commentating on that game... that was nothing compared to the godawful job Sportsnet is doing for the Jets games.

With that said, if we were playing the "take a shot whenever they show Lack's dad" game, I'd be fucking dead.
    Yeah and I noticed Gene Principe was doing some of the Jet's coverage. I don't know how a guy can make a career off of dad jokes. Those Oiler media guys are such homers, especially Drew Remenda. The way those guys cover the Oilers games, you'd never think they were having a terrible season at all.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

My dad (whos slow on a computer) got a pair of PL seats this morning for game 3 haha... how the hell does that happen. So random.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by anarchy
    Thanks for sharing this, and maybe I'm a homer but I'm still not sure I get it. Sure Engelland could be penalized for throwing punches when they're both down but I've seem that happen pretty often (admittedly he lands some good shots), but Richardson was doing the exact same thing and threw and elbow from what I saw.

And sure I can see Hamhuis jumping into pull them off, but after the refs separate them, Dorsett comes in and engages them again and throws a sucker punch. Isn't Dorsett the instigator there?
    The misconduct isn't for punching opponent on the ground. Its the fact that the ref has asked many times for Engelland to stop, tried to pull him off, with no luck.

I believe Dorsett got a game misconduct for coming back and restarting the fight.

As for the instigator, I don't think Engelland started the whole brawl. Need to rewatch the replay to see who actually started it all.

Edit - bollig started the shoving match. Dorsett escalated it a bit coming into push random flames players around, Richardson pulled Stajan out using a headlock, but it was actually Stajan who was the first to drop his gloves.

Edit 2 - in between all that, Ferland is by far the biggest dick haha. Skates in from middle of zone, murderous gaze in his eyes, goes after Hamhuis, ref tries to break it up, keeps going and attracts a huge crowd. If anything I would've given him the instigator. Hamhuis was by far the most innocent one in all of this. If you have access to Gamecenter, check out the 2nd star cam under game plus. Ffwd to 2:00:00 mark, the camera actually follows Ferland through through the entire shift prior to the fight and all the way through him starting shit.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Pushbroom

The misconduct isn't for punching opponent on the ground. Its the fact that the ref has asked many times for Engelland to stop, tried to pull him off, with no luck.

I believe Dorsett got a game misconduct for coming back and restarting the fight.

As for the instigator, I don't think Engelland started the whole brawl. Need to rewatch the replay to see who actually started it all.

Edit - bollig started the shoving match. Dorsett escalated it a bit coming into push random flames players around, Richardson pulled Stajan out using a headlock, but it was actually Stajan who was the first to drop his gloves.

Edit 2 - in between all that, Ferland is by far the biggest dick haha. Skates in from middle of zone, murderous gaze in his eyes, goes after Hamhuis, ref tries to break it up, keeps going and attracts a huge crowd. If anything I would've given him the instigator. Hamhuis was by far the most innocent one in all of this. If you have access to Gamecenter, check out the 2nd star cam under game plus. Ffwd to 2:00:00 mark, the camera actually follows Ferland through through the entire shift prior to the fight and all the way through him starting shit.
    They rescinded his instigator which makes sense. I said they should punish both sides or no one at all and that's what they've done (minus the fine to Hartley) so glad it came to that. I'll have to watch the Ferly video haha.

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
    Hartley fined $50,000

http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_news.htm?id=763991
    Excellent news. Hartley is pure bush league. No wonder torts tried to jump the guy lol

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

mckenziebobtsn
    2 hours ago
    Off to CGY for Flames-Canucks tonight. Not sure about my neighbour. Says he is kind of a big deal in CGY. Panel road trip with @aaronwardtsn and @tsnjamesduthie. No sign of Duthie. He has it in his contract he doesn't fly before 10 am. Looking forward to saying hi to fans in CGY.

My Ride
    B&W M3

lol Dorsett got the shit kicked out of him.

Tickets available on ticketmaster right now. Pairs in lower bowl at $350 each.

Originally posted by BandW
    lol Dorsett got the shit kicked out of him.
    Really? huh.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Heading home to RD
    From Cross Iron Mill going south. Saw some Canucks fan doing something with our "Welcome To Calgary" sign
    Last edited by ThePlaymaker; 04-19-2015 at 06:00 PM.

Page 63 of 96 FirstFirst ... 53 62 63 64 73 ... LastLast