Quantcast
Changes for 2015 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Changes for 2015

My Ride
    Has AWD

Default Changes for 2015

Some interesting changes for next year including new grid starts after safety cars.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...4/6/16003.html

My Ride
    Audi A4, Lawn Boy with Honda GCV160

On-track testing further reduced, wind tunnel time reduced, even computer time reduced. All to save money, but it is very likely to result in a boring season. They might as well award the championships at the first race because nobody will be able to catch up later.

A few rule changes hint at what may be some interesting design features in the current cars:
    - A number of new regulations concerning skid blocks to ensure that they are made from a lighter material (titanium) and are better contained.
    - New regulations to ensure that the brake discs rotate at the same speed as the wheels.
    I am curious what games are being played here!

And it will be against the rules to be ugly (no more phallic-nosed cars):
    - A number of new regulations for the noses to ensure improved safety and to provide more aesthetically pleasing structures.
    Some teams painted these nose extensions so as to make them less obvious, which is surprisingly effective on TV, but others chose to let it all hang out. Nobody wants to see that!

My Ride
    golfR

I'm still curious about the "brake discs must rotate at the same speed as the wheels" rule and which team prompted this rule change. Must be the Mercs since they seem to be using some sort of ABS like system considering they don't flat spot their tyres as much when they lock up.

Lots of guys at r/formula1 speculating what the system could be, crazy stuff. I'm still trying to wrap my head on how the discs can spin at a different speed than the wheels.

Not a fan of standing starts after SC. Guy out front could be on old tires while the guys behind are on relatively new tires and could easily jump the guy infront at the restart. Hopefully it doesn't stick by next season.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

A number of new regulations concerning skid blocks to ensure that they are made from a lighter material (titanium) and are better contained.
    Here's hoping for the return of the spark shows!