Quantcast
5-year-old, grandparents disappear from SW home - Page 15 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast

Thread: 5-year-old, grandparents disappear from SW home

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

I feel so bad for the little guy, and of course the grandparents. Im more wondering what is at play here that we don't know. What drove a small time crook to commit 3 counts of murder? Yah, hes probably a psycho...but im wondering if maybe Alvin was into something, that nobody knows about. I really want to see how this all unravels, there has to be some motive that nobody knows about. What was grandpa into? There has to be something hiding in the shadows...

RIP to the little guy, wrong place at the wrong time.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Originally posted by beyond_ban
    I wonder what cause of death was. You'd think neighbors would have heard gunshots.... If there was in fact brain matter he would have had to hit the victim in the head quite a few times.
    Not very hard for a crook to get his hands on a .22 which you can silence quite easily....

Edit: wouldn't even need a handgun. Something as simple as a collapsible 10-22 anyone can really get. No trace of it either.
    Last edited by Shlade; 07-15-2014 at 07:30 AM.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^ yeah, .22's are very quiet even un silenced, I dont even need to wear hearing protection when firing our rifle, its not loud at all, silenced would be dead quiet.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
    What drove a small time crook to commit 3 counts of murder? Yah, hes probably a psycho...but im wondering if maybe Alvin was into something, that nobody knows about. I really want to see how this all unravels, there has to be some motive that nobody knows about. What was grandpa into? There has to be something hiding in the shadows...
    Found it interesting that in his arrest pic, Garland was wearing a Paramount shirt. That tells me he is in the industry. And if he's in the industry he probably worked for Alvin. The timing is too much of a coincidence. Alvin's jr goes bankrupt and Garland kills him? This was 1st degree murder - Garland was pissed off. Possible Garland was backer of Alvin's company? Or maybe even did a lot of work for him and wasn't paid.

My Ride
    Celica GT-Four

CPS better have there cards in order, this can be an easy case to flip. A piece of me thinks this is the wrong guy.

Originally posted by blitz

Good to know, but that doesn't explain how the 2nd degree charge got in there too. I would imagine if it was related to a kidnapping all 3 would be 1st degree.
    Maybe one person was killed inside the house, hence the second degree murder charge, then the two others were kidnapped and subsequently murdered.

Originally posted by beyond_ban

Maybe one person was killed inside the house, hence the second degree murder charge, then the two others were kidnapped and subsequently murdered.
    Nope it was stated the grandparents were the 1st degree charges. He didn't know the kid would be there.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

They had already mentioned on the news last night that the two charges of 1st degree were for the grandparents, and the 2nd degree was for the child.

And of course, the news is ALWAYS right.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

In the news this morning they said Garland worked for Likness 6 years ago. So maybe hes been thinking about it since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

My Ride
    2017 Tacoma street queen

I wonder were they would be if that camera never spotted that green ford?

Originally posted by Thomas Gabriel

Nope it was stated the grandparents were the 1st degree charges. He didn't know the kid would be there.
    So.. exactly what he said? Kills the kid because he didn't know the kid would be there. Kills the grandparents after kidnapping which = auto 1st degree charges.

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Originally posted by Nismorphed
    I wonder were they would be if that camera never spotted that green ford?
    I was thinking the same thing last night....if nobody had ever seen the truck...i dont know if he would have gotten caught.

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by Kloubek
    They had already mentioned on the news last night that the two charges of 1st degree were for the grandparents, and the 2nd degree was for the child.

No this was straight from Hansen's mouth.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    B8 Avant S-line

What's the motive? We'll probably never know.. what a senseless crime.

I'm thinking Garland took the kid hostage, and forced the grandparents to get into his truck.

Originally posted by Milk2%
    A piece of me thinks this is the wrong guy.
    Same, only because I can't see him being able to lift two people of that size into a truck by himself. Also pretty risky to have people in the back of his truck that doesn't have a canopy or cover.

I guess there's that 4runner that might be owned by him too found by the slough?

He didn't back into garage to load them up either as there was dragging marks outside the house.

He clearly removed them from the house or the cops would have found them hidden inside with the week they spent there.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Unless he had an accomplice
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Does anyone have a picture of Garland's actual truck? Curious if it matched the green truck in the picture released by the cops before his initial arrest. Reason why I'm curious was because the cops kept asking people to look for a green truck as recent as Friday.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I'd like to know how they determined 1st AND 2nd degree murder charges without bodies recovered. Seems to me any good lawyer would tear that apart.

Originally posted by heavyfuel
    I'd like to know how they determined 1st AND 2nd degree murder charges without bodies recovered. Seems to me any good lawyer would tear that apart.
    Not sure how you would need bodies to determine intent?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by Kloubek

During the Q&A period after his statement he clarified the charges.

My confidence that CPS has enough evidence here is pretty darn high. Think of how bad it looks from Missing Persons to Homocide. Like that's a substantial claim, they have found something. I wonder if there was blood at the crime scene and they've found matching body parts but not bodies in their entirety. Or enough blood or brain matter to constitute someone deceased?

My point being that no one in their right mind, especially how involved and aware the entire community is of this case, is going to go from missing persons to homocide if they don't have their ducks in a row. And the truth is that unless you know a CPS investigator involved with this case who is willing to talk to you, we won't know until the guy is in court and the evidence starts pouring in.
    Last edited by msommers; 07-15-2014 at 10:03 AM.
    Ultracrepidarian

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast