Quantcast
5-year-old, grandparents disappear from SW home - Page 17 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast

Thread: 5-year-old, grandparents disappear from SW home

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by Kloubek
    While this guy didn't exactly think everything through 100%, I think if he were to have taken a trip down to Mexico and then the family ended up killed a fairly easy link would have been made.

Like I said, it was his last *realistic* opportunity.
    I'm sure the dude could have hired someone in Mex for cheap with no link back to him.

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

Originally posted by benyl

I'm sure the dude could have hired someone in Mex for cheap with no link back to him.
    Just google "Mexican murderers for hire"?
    Vettel's #1

Originally posted by euro_racer
    Maybe it's just me not wanting to accept this outcome that could very well be reality but could the Police have arrested and laid the charges with hopes that he would give up more material or other people? Without the bodies and no mention of the murder weapon it's relay hard to see a possible concrete case against him.

Obviously he is involved, no question. But a few things pop to mind:

- The truck is a single cab truck with no canopy or cover for the box. (he could have used a tarp and maybe that's what police found)
    -I would imagine subduing 3 people and loading them (unconscious or unwillingly) into a truck is no easy task.
    - How did word of the estate sale get to Garland, did he stalk them for 6 years?
    -The coincidence that Garland's parents were away from the property the same weekend as the estate sale.
    - Garland does have experience with fake IDs and evading Police from the past.
    - Grandparents has questionable business dealings over the years.

I guess I just can't come to terms that someone would kill a child as collateral damage but a small part of me wants to believe that one of the grandparents (or both) was working with Garland and is currently hiding out with the child somewhere under a fake identity... Hopefully we find out eventually. This whole case just seems surreal.
    My assumption he goes to grandparents and kills them, spots the kid and takes him to decide what to do with him since he is a witness now but also a kid. Drags dead bodies to the truck and not hard to subdue a little boy. Keeping the child alive somewhere but gets taken into custody. Kid most likely presumed dead because he would have no one keeping him alive if Garland in custody which leads to yesterdays report that all three are now dead with two first degree murders and 1 second.

Originally posted by CapnCrunch

Just google "Mexican murderers for hire"?
    Don't be stupid. You would google:

'Mexican murderers for hire with no link back'

Originally posted by icky2unk

My assumption he goes to grandparents and kills them, spots the kid and takes him to decide what to do with him since he is a witness now but also a kid. Drags dead bodies to the truck and not hard to subdue a little boy. Keeping the child alive somewhere but gets taken into custody. Kid most likely presumed dead because he would have no one keeping him alive if Garland in custody which leads to yesterdays report that all three are now dead with two first degree murders and 1 second.
    But then the murder of the kid would be first degree as its during a kidnapping.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_(Canadian_law)

The most likely thing is he went to kill the grandparents, didn't know the kid was there and killed him too (unplanned, thus second degree)

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

To me, that's the most obvious scenario.

But guys... really... I know we're all trying to figure out what happen and perhaps make as much sense of it as possible, but we're really not going to know the details for a long time. And some details we will (thankfully) never know. Maybe we should leave the speculation at that and put our energy into supporting the family instead.

I, for one, am going to be down at the memorial at 8 tonight.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

the only difference between first and second degree murder is that first degree is pre-meditated and planned out. The killer took the time to plan everything out, how it would be done, how to dispose of the bodies, what they would use to commit the murder, etc...

Second degree murder are usually spur of the moment type things, crimes of passion, opportunity, etc...

The kid was not supposed to be there in the killer's plan, but the killer did plan the murders of the grandparents. Hence the different charges.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Originally posted by Kloubek
    It was bugging me as well, but keep in mind:
    1) The family was about to leave town. This would have been his last realistic opportunity for revenge
    2) It's already been said the guy had mental issues. If that's the case, someone with mental illness doesn't necessarily think like you and I. In which case, a long-standing illness may very well allow someone to hold a major grudge for so many years
    3) There might still be something to be said about the estate sale being part of the equation. Perhaps Garland felt the money would be there, available for the taking... and something perhaps he felt he had the "rights" to. It's much more work forcing someone to an ATM - which has a money limit anyway.
    Great points all, Kloubek.

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 01:20 AM.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

I honestly can't believe at the complete idiocy of the public in regards to releasing thousands of balloons into the environment. I watched literally a swarm of the things heading off in the breeze towards Big Hill Spring Provincial Park. I'm certain that's not going to cause any problems at all with the environment.

I'm all for making a statement of support. But why on earth do these idiots have to make their statement by polluting potentially hundreds of kilometers of landscape with green rubber scraps.

And the media just jumps on board...

This is the result...
    http://balloonsblow.org/photo-gallery

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

^^i thought the same thing... Who makes these decisions?

Originally posted by codetrap
    I honestly can't believe at the complete idiocy of the public in regards to releasing thousands of balloons into the environment. I watched literally a swarm of the things heading off in the breeze towards Big Hill Spring Provincial Park. I'm certain that's not going to cause any problems at all with the environment.

I'm all for making a statement of support. But why on earth do these idiots have to make their statement by polluting potentially hundreds of kilometers of landscape with green rubber scraps.

And the media just jumps on board...

This is the result...
    http://balloonsblow.org/photo-gallery
    I was thinking the same thing but was keeping my thoughts to myself so not to offend...

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

never mind.
    Last edited by spikerS; 07-15-2014 at 10:01 PM.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    CBR 929

From the pictures I thought the grandfather looked like a pretty big guy, bigger than Garland so must of been a surprise for him to get the better of two adults with a kid around.

The kid probably wouldn't of known who Garland was but maybe was woken up or something or heard his name so the guy couldn't let him go?

Crazy. I agree too with the balloons, don't really much see the point, couldn't people light candles or something?

[url]

My Ride
    AE86

Except that Latex Balloons are Biodegradable, such an ECO freak but you couldn't take that two seconds to that it took you to post to do a simple search on google IDIOT.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by kolumbo69
    Except that Latex Balloons are Biodegradable, such an ECO freak but you couldn't take that two seconds to that it took you to post to do a simple search on google IDIOT.
    http://www.marine-conservation.org.u...xperiment.html
    Yeah.. totally biodegradable...1486 days and counting...

Oh, and the balloon industry statement? They claim that it takes as long for a balloon to decompose as it does for an oak leaf.... what they fail to mention is that an oak leaf takes about 2 years to decompose. So, call me an "ECO freak" if you want, but that doesn't make it right.

Originally posted by RY213
    I was thinking the same thing but was keeping my thoughts to myself so not to offend...
    Offend who? I was talking to Wife about this, and she indicated to me that the two families requested that this balloon thing NOT happen. They requested that people come help and search instead.
    Last edited by codetrap; 07-16-2014 at 01:05 AM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Originally posted by kolumbo69
    Yea, get a brain! moran

My Ride
    Trucks

I'm quite certain if I threw a box of a thousand uninflated balloons out my window driving down Deerfoot, I would get a nice littering fine, at least.

Originally posted by icky2unk

My assumption he goes to grandparents and kills them, spots the kid and takes him to decide what to do with him since he is a witness now but also a kid.
    Yeah but this guy isn't Tony Soprano. I highly doubt he thought twice about killing the kid.

Wait a second, why aren't we enraged over the 100's of 1000's of oak leafs that pollute the environment every year?
    Last edited by Nitro5; 07-16-2014 at 09:05 AM.

Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast