Quantcast
1 speeding ticket issued every 3 minutes during Deerfoot Trail crackdown - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 speeding ticket issued every 3 minutes during Deerfoot Trail crackdown

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by Maxt
    The city should be using those solar powered radar signs to show drivers coming down the off ramps what the traffics speed is on the main road they are merging onto is.
    How would that help? All they have to do now is simply look to the left, and speed up until they match... a skill a toddler can master..

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

The city should be using those solar powered radar signs to show drivers coming down the off ramps what the traffics speed is on the main road they are merging onto is.
    LOL yes because people are so observant to see those signs.

Its like the lanes that have a bright yellow "Straight Through" lane but people still yield at them?

I love that though cause I lay on my horn and surprise the shit out of them.

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

Originally posted by codetrap
    How would that help? All they have to do now is simply look to the left, and speed up until they match... a skill a toddler can master..
    Sounds easy, but im always amazed at how people are not able to understand how to merge.

The only way things will get better in Calgary and across Canada is if they get with the times and learn from Europe. Give tickets for people who drive slow in the left lane, people who stop in places they should not, and something that im still amazed people don't use a turn signal.

Originally posted by rage2

The worst one is Symonds Valley Road Southbound onto Stoney Westbound, because you need to change lanes twice to not exit onto Shaganappi and continue onto Stoney. People do this lane change at 70 before accelerating. Sure the acceleration lane isn't as long as the other 2 plus it's uphill, but there is definitely enough space to get to 100 if you floor it in a Car2Go. Flooring it is not illegal last time I checked.

I know! I hate this merge because of idiots who somehow always end up in front of me merging at ~75. And then they realize too late that the lane they just merged into and are still doing about 80 in, exits at shaganappi.

My Ride
    Grimace

Excellent, more enforcement from CPS. Have to keep those coffers full, To Serve & Collect After-all!

Crime fighting strategy? Lock me up, I speed every day

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/108...ce-chief-says/

Calgary’s police chief pledged Wednesday to boost both in-person and electronic speed enforcement on city streets after repeatedly hearing from members of city council and the public.

“There’s not any community we go to where one of the top issues if not the top issue is traffic safety in the community,” Chief Rick Hanson told reporters. “We will do everything we can to make the streets safer.”

That will include “more police officers out there during enforcement” and “more electronic enforcement,” Hanson added.
    Related:

Coun. Shane Keating said “speeding, specifically on residential collector roads” is the No.1 concern he hears from his Ward 12 constituents, and a lot of councillors “are in the same boat.”

Keating asked Hanson if bylaw officers could be retrained to do more traffic enforcement but the chief said police prefer to handle it “comprehensively” as a “core function” of their larger crime-fighting strategy.

“Individual, officer-based traffic enforcement is vital,” Hanson said. “It’s amazing the number of traffic stops where there’s other infractions.”

The chief also voiced support for stiffer fines for speeding in residential areas, saying it’s something the provincial government should take a “good, serious look at.”

The flood and the especially cold winter made last year an “aberration” in a number of traffic respects, Hanson added. He said not too much should be read into the total of 40 traffic fatalities in 2013 – a 39-per-cent jump over the previous five-year average – but added it’s something police are monitoring.

“Statistics are such that every year there’s a variation,” Hanson said. “If last year was a bad one, then this year is one where you could see a drop because we are putting extra effort into the enforcement.”

Originally posted by avishal26

I know! I hate this merge because of idiots who somehow always end up in front of me merging at ~75. And then they realize too late that the lane they just merged into and are still doing about 80 in, exits at shaganappi.
    lolol so true. as soon as u pass the curve on the ramp, its time to speed up, but man ppl are going damn near 60 before they merge and furthermore, the ppl in that far right lane, don't give space/move to an open lane, to ensure a safe merge.

My Ride
    is probably sh*tier than urs

you;re giving way too much credit to a majority of the idiotic drivers in this city. I seriously think that behind the wheel many of these craptastic drivers barely hold an intelligence level equivalent to a toddlers... if only i could firebomb most of them lol
    You can technically get a ticket for each window that's illegally tinted. So as above, if you're being an ass to the officer (or if he's just an ass to begin with), he can give you two. (or three tickets if you're dumb enough to tint the windshield of your BMW... but if you own a BMW you can't be stupid right?)
    Originally posted by RoseLover

Any penny you have to work hard to get, you will consider as "cheapness"...if you hate people from overseas...why you stay in North America!

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by schocker
    Excellent, more enforcement from CPS. Have to keep those coffers full, To Serve & Collect After-all!

Crime fighting strategy? Lock me up, I speed every day

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/108...ce-chief-says/
    #1 concern in ward 12: new deep SE communities full of those bubble parents. No duh.

My Ride
    2013 Raptor

I get on the Deerfoot at Glenmore and go north to 16th Avenue five days a week. I don't think I've ever seen the rightmost lane get up above 80, and it's rarely from trucks lumbering along coming off Peigan. It's just idiot drivers dragging their asses along.

My Ride
    something green

Really? Then why are we even discussing this as an issue? Besides its not legal for toddlers to drive.
    Last edited by Maxt; 07-02-2014 at 03:06 PM.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    something green

Originally posted by firebane

LOL yes because people are so observant to see those signs.

Its like the lanes that have a bright yellow "Straight Through" lane but people still yield at them?

I love that though cause I lay on my horn and surprise the shit out of them.
    Yeah that sign in particular seems to be a bit of an enigma for drivers.
    I drive by a flashing speed sign everyday and it seems to get attention.
    I dont think we have ever heard of the city ever tellig people to speed up.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Grimace

Yeah that sign in particular seems to be a bit of an enigma for drivers.
    I drive by a flashing speed sign everyday and it seems to get attention.
    I dont think we have ever heard of the city ever tellig people to speed up.
    That would be genius, since everyone loves to set those signs off, just change them to be the opposite and have them showing speed up to 100 and if you are doing say 80 or under it flashes at you!

We need to be politically active, not just bitching on a forum. The soccer moms complain to their councilors so they listen. If we want change then we need to actually do something about it.

My Ride
    Hatred

Originally posted by Nitro5
    We need to be politically active, not just bitching on a forum. The soccer moms complain to their councilors so they listen. If we want change then we need to actually do something about it.
    And get out from behind my keyboard...
    -U

My Ride
    95 240sx

The speed limits on most of major roads today is too low. I think the reason for this is the rules of deciding speed limits were formed long time ago and have not been updated for today's situation. So, the limits were appropriate for cars in the 70's or maybe 80's but not for the cars built today.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by Nitro5
    This is the truth, bike calgary and "won'tsomebodypleasethinkofthechildren" groups have made the time to make noise at town halls, and a big presence both online and talking with their councillors. I tried talking with someone on 311 for 45 minutes about bike lanes but was politely told to fuck off. A lot of beyond ears have tried using twitter to talk to city hall and have been ignored, it seems the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I'm not really sure what the answer is in this case, a few select councillors have their idea of calgary's future in mind, and have some very noisy groups to back them up.

sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Yea, we've done much more than Bike Calgary ever has. Letters to city hall, aldermen, 311, even used my press contacts to get stories put out. At the end of the day, if city council does not support your views, you will be ignored. Bike Calgary doesn't even have to do anything, the city reaches out to them directly because that's the future of Calgary by the politicians that the city has voted in.

The only solution is to vote 'em out, but with all the Nensheep in this city, it's not going to happen anytime soon. Even the aldermen positions are influenced by our Mayor.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Interesting to hear all the work that has gone into it rage, unfortunately with vote splitting it is near impossible to get rid of people like druh with our current voting system. Any chance you have a record of all the stuff beyond has done to get the other viewpoint heard? I suppose we could go old fashioned internet troll, and just bog the shit out of comments sections in all articles
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

We could always protest!

Everyone should just do what I do... fight every single ticket. I think I have had 3 or 4 in the past 6 years, fought every single one and have won.

Now the police are LOSING money on me Feels good to stick it to that dipshit Rick Hanson.
    "Uptight user on beyond.ca" - Micheal Platt

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast