Quantcast
CarCostCanada worth it? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: CarCostCanada worth it?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by doninthe6
    So my 2 cents is the "invoice" price is actually bogus. Why pay for a report that tell you what is the minimum you can pay? I say negotiate from the "invoice" price DOWN, not up. Maybe carcostcanada.com is sponsored by the the auto industry, who knows....
    You are kind of correct. Invoice price used to be legit until manufacturer introduced hold back to counter it.

Unhaggle will give you the same thing as CCC but for free in return for your info passing on to sales people.

I think the idea of these services is at least sales and you both know what the negotiation is starting from and and skip most of the song and dance about buying a new car.

Also a bonus is that most of these services also listed all the manufacturer's special offer for the month. So if you check month to month, you will see if there are any discount changes.

My Ride
    Parked in the Bike Lane

There is value in these services, but they aren't magic, and they don't take away the power of the automotive confusopoly.

What you get with these services is more information than your average uninformed person walking in off the street, and "decent" deal. People with more information of more time to haggle and grind can probbaly beat those deals pretty routinely, but I'm also sure a lot of people end up paying more.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Rather than start a new thread, figured I would just bump this one.

Had a really good experience with CarCostCanada when I bought my last vehicle so I am considering pulling a few invoice reports to identify pickup opportunities.

Is Car Cost Canada still the place to go for invoice reports or does anyone have any better sources? Any way to avoid the current monetization model they have ( namely selling your contact info to dealers when you pull a report ) or if there is some pay to pay a few bucks to pull as many reports as I want for a month or something?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post

Had a really good experience with CarCostCanada when I bought my last vehicle so I am considering pulling a few invoice reports to identify pickup opportunities.

Is Car Cost Canada still the place to go for invoice reports or does anyone have any better sources? Any way to avoid the current monetization model they have ( namely selling your contact info to dealers when you pull a report ) or if there is some pay to pay a few bucks to pull as many reports as I want for a month or something?
    I've been using Unhaggle. YMMV on whether or not it's the same numbers as CCC, some people claim that the Unhaggle number is inflated.

Make sure to use 10minutemail and a text message service though when using Unhaggle, I grab one of the numbers off of this site(https://smsreceivefree.com/country/canada) and get the confirmation code sent to it.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by cyra1ax View Post
    I grab one of the numbers off of this site(https://smsreceivefree.com/country/canada) and get the confirmation code sent to it.
    Superpro tip. THANKS!

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Oh man, the constant harassment from dealerships after pulling a CCC report was relentless. Its a great tool but that bullshit after was such a turn off of the product.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Haha I got a phone call a voicemail a text and 2 emails

I have no problem icing people if I don’t want to get back to them though.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    Oh man, the constant harassment from dealerships after pulling a CCC report was relentless. Its a great tool but that bullshit after was such a turn off of the product.
    CarCost sells your information to dealers, it's in their business model.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Unhaggle has a don't talk to me option. So it's good if you are researching.

My Ride
    2011 Audi A6 Avant

Interesting, I got a CCC report last summer for a Mazda I ended up buying and received no communication from any dealership. The dealer we ended up buying from was one of the CCC affiliated dealers and the negotiation was no fuss, no muss.

Any reputable dealer will show you a CCC report (many have subscriptions) or just ask them to tell you their cost. They know you are going to find out either way so it saves them potentially losing a customer over $30.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

You are going to ask the person you are trying to negotiate with what their cost is?

lol

fact.

My Ride
    Bicycle

IMHO car pricing has already had these "invoice" sites in mind. So a lot of dealers are getting kick back instead/or on top of margin of the vehicle. The whole invoice + 3% schtick is just to make buyers feel good as they will never see the kick back.

You are going to ask the person you are trying to negotiate with what their cost is?

lol
    Why wouldn't you? It's not uncommon. Anyone can find out with a few clicks of a mouse, they know that.

A lot of people ask, and I've never been turned down. As I mentioned, some even have CCC subscriptions for this reason. The dealer knows you are going to find out anyway, so why would they potentially lose a sale over $30? It's not in anyone's best interest.

The dealership still holds plenty of cards in the form of volume kickbacks, holdbacks, fucking you on the trade-in, etc. Most of the money is in financing, 'protection packages', and service anyway.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 03-03-2021 at 12:10 AM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I tell you what, I have this awesome bridge in Brooklyn I have for sale that you will LOVE.

Just for you, because we are friends, I’m going to tell you my super secret INVOICE PRICE. Gonna save you $30 bucks which is YUGE. Now I don’t do this for everyone but you seem like a smart guy who knows his stuff about everything, but if you are willing to give me a cash deposit on credit card right now just to show you are serious and an offer of 2% over my INVOICE PRICE. I’ll take your offer to my sales manager, and hopefully get you into your new bridge today!

Here. I can even break down the deal on this simple 4 cell spreadsheet.

fact.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

"invoice price" is a useful data point, but it's not the same as real dealer cost. And I think most savvy buyers understand that difference.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    BB6

Quote Originally Posted by cyra1ax View Post
    I've been using Unhaggle. YMMV on whether or not it's the same numbers as CCC, some people claim that the Unhaggle number is inflated.
    CCC used to have lower numbers. I used CCC in 2013 and 2015 and there was an actual difference in the numbers that both sites were giving for the vehicles I was looking at.

Apparently, CCC changed their business model sometime around 2016-17 and now it's the same as Unhaggle.

I agree with Xtrema though. It's all smoke and mirrors anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    "invoice price" is a useful data point, but it's not the same as real dealer cost. And I think most savvy buyers understand that difference.
    Exactly. It's just the best the average customer can get as a starting point. As I mentioned earlier, the dealer still holds plenty of cards and is still going to make plenty of money off of you even if they sell you the vehicle at "cost". Vehicle sales themselves is not their biggest source of income.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3