Quantcast
help me choose a area! - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: help me choose a area!

Originally posted by Mr_John

The properties will definitely increase in value because of the hospital, but not by 40%.
    yah if it was the case... but that seems little bit too high considering homes there are about $400k - $600k... unless my math is way off..

Originally posted by leftwing

I am not sure if I am right or not, but don't new houses typically depreciate instantly, the same way new cars depreciate once they are driven off the lot? I may be completely off here, but I thought that I heard/read that somewhere.

Not sure how old you are, but even for adults having lake access is pretty awesome and underrated. Ill stop trying to sell you on lake access now.

If you don't have kids and aren't planning on having any, do you really need a 2000 sqft house? Just a thought to consider. You mention not wanting to be house poor, and seems like you can afford the price you are looking at but from a necessity standpoint that seems like a lot of wasted house. Have you considered the new townhouse builds in the communities you are looking in?
    im not too sure about depreciation of new homes at this moment, but i know that builders prices it out to the forcasting prices when the home you are building are complete, correct me if im wrong here..
    yah 2000 sqft home maybe little on the big side for me, but thing is there are so much difference between homes if your sqftage of the homes go down, you definitely pay less but it just don't feel the same, like no bonus room and tiny kitchen...

also looked at townhomes and duplexs and mainly just worried about noise thru the walls, with all the advanced sound systems now, it just comes right thru your wall.

this is my problem, was looking at town homes and deplex, with few more bucks i can get detached single family homes.... maybe $20k more i can get good size single family homes in airdrie! yay... now $20k more i can get like single attached garage homes in calgary.. not so bad.... damn for $20k more i can get decent double attached garage home!!... but wait... for another $20k more.... the shit just keeps on goin....... ahhhhhhh

Originally posted by oz388
    Chaparral Valley and Riverstone of Cranston are both built within the flood fringe. Wouldn't this cause negative impact to future value of these communities?

Walden is built on a closed landfill with a lot smaller units for younger/poorer families. Legacy, although now it is at middle of nowhere, however it started as a up-scaled community with expensive estate homes, I would choose Legacy over Walden.

Auburn Bay and Mahogany, both would cost you $500+ to $800+ in annual community fees for a couple month of lake access in summer. (I assumed most ppl would rather stay home in winter)
    that negative impact is what im worried about if it does flood out even one home in the community, the media would blast out and impact the property value...

on the other hand, i have checked out legacy, but it doesn't seem so premier as they make it to be... nowadays its all mixed with laned homes, townhomes, multi family homes anyways...
    Last edited by tktwhiz; 07-17-2014 at 07:24 PM.

Originally posted by tktwhiz
    i was thinking cardel, put deposite down and found out about the planned 138kv transmission line.... and i said no..

haha maybe ill wait little bit until markets little better for the buyers.
    where and when will the transmission line be built?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by oz388

where and when will the transmission line be built?
    https://www.enmax.com/generation-wir...elopment-south

its only a proposal right now but alternate isn't much better, and don't really make sense for the Enmax.
    jun of 2015 is what it says.. hummm kinda convenient considering chap valley community supposely be completed just around that time... builders would have sell all the lots by then.
    Last edited by tktwhiz; 07-17-2014 at 07:51 PM.

That's too bad, you definitely don't want to be living near one of those power lines. Are you still looking at the other two areas?

Originally posted by TurboK
    That's too bad, you definitely don't want to be living near one of those power lines. Are you still looking at the other two areas?
    oh yah i will still look around but thinking of taking a break for a bit... its so much work..

Try using www.newhomescentral.com. Makes finding a new home a lot easier.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3