Quantcast
any hook ups for Oakley sunglasses on here? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: any hook ups for Oakley sunglasses on here?

My Ride
    changes every year

Default any hook ups for Oakley sunglasses on here?

Im looking for a specific pair of Oakleys, but I'd rather not spend $240 for them and apparently Oakley doesn't ship to Canada from the US where they're $100 cheaper.

Can anyone hook a brother up in this situation?

Go to nearest dollar store.

You'll pay $5.00 instead of $240.00 for the same thing.

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

Originally posted by Seth1968
    Go to nearest dollar store.

You'll pay $5.00 instead of $240.00 for the same thing.
    I like my cheap sunglasses as much as anyone for field work, losing in rental cars etc, but I also have a couple pairs of $$$ Oakleys, and they're not the same thing at all. I don't know they're worth what they ask up here and I only bought because I got a good deal on mine from an outlet mall in Vegas, but there is a marked difference in lens and build quality. I don't think it's $200+ worth of difference, but saying they're the same thing shows your ignorance.
    Last edited by carson blocks; 07-11-2014 at 12:21 PM.

Originally posted by carson blocks

I like my cheap sunglasses as much as anyone for field work, losing in rental cars etc, but I also have a couple pairs of $$$ Oakleys, and they're not the same thing at all. I don't know they're worth what they ask up here and I only bought because I got a good deal on mine from an outlet mall in Vegas, but there is a marked difference in lens and build quality. I don't think it's $200+ worth of difference, but saying they're the same thing shows your ignorance.
    Do you even realize that you just contradicted yourself?

My Ride
    Horse

But he didn't. He just said they're not worth $240 but they're definitely worth more than $5. A sentiment I'd share.

My Ride
    changes every year

Try on a pair of sunglasses, then try polarized, you'll know that they're worth spending more on them, I just don't think $240 worth.

So, anyone have a hookup then? Lol

My Ride

Originally posted by Seth1968

Do you even realize that you just contradicted yourself?
    Read more carefully. kthx.

My Ride

Originally posted by xnvy
    But he didn't. He just said they're not worth $240 but they're definitely worth more than $5. A sentiment I'd share.
    Exactly, thank you.

Default Re: any hook ups for Oakley sunglasses on here?

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    Im looking for a specific pair of Oakleys, but I'd rather not spend $240 for them and apparently Oakley doesn't ship to Canada from the US where they're $100 cheaper.

Can anyone hook a brother up in this situation?

Do you have vision benefits through work? If so find an optom who is an oakley dealer. Get a pair through your benefits for free (or close to depending on coverage)

My Ride
    changes every year

Default Re: Re: any hook ups for Oakley sunglasses on here?

Originally posted by colinxx235

Do you have vision benefits through work? If so find an optom who is an oakley dealer. Get a pair through your benefits for free (or close to depending on coverage)
    Wtf! You can do that?

My Ride
    VAG products

Yes you can. I just did. sometimes it depends on the place though

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^ I am SO doing that next time, frick if I would have known. I feel like bookmarking this thread just so I dont forget about that.
    Originally posted by carson blocks

I used to feel the same way, but after going through a dozen or so cheap sunglasses, Im getting sick of going to a place that sells them, trying them on, wearing them for a couple weeks, then they break, and its just rinse & repeat all over again... Do that about 10 times, and you'll have spent enough to have bought yourself a DECENT pair of glasses that actually look good. Most $15 sunglasses, you'll look like shit in them.
    I didn't know how stupid I looked with them the majority of the time anyway, until I bought a nice set of Oakley's, and haven't looked back since. My Gascan's were only $150 though.....
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 07-11-2014 at 03:11 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Default Re: Re: Re: any hook ups for Oakley sunglasses on here?

Originally posted by 03ozwhip

Wtf! You can do that?

Yup... before I had lazer eye, I got them to put prescription ones in just incase contacts were driving me nuts (common when I was out the night before a round)

But then after surgery when my 2 year vision amount reset back up to $300 I went and got a pair of polarized ones ordered in. Didn't pay a cent

My optom had TONS of oakleys to choose from as well

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    ^
    I used to feel the same way, but after going through a dozen or so cheap sunglasses, Im getting sick of going to a place that sells them, trying them on, wearing them for a couple weeks, then they break, and its just rinse & repeat all over again...
    I didn't know how stupid I looked with them the majority of the time anyway, until I bought a nice set of Oakley's, and haven't looked back since. My Gascan's were only $150 though.....
    This!! I had a pair that I accidentally sat on while in Vegas drunk. My oakleys just crumbled but was a snap to put it back like nothing happened.

US outlets are still the cheapest way to get them. Unless as the others had advised, put it in your insurance

My Ride
    Ford F150

Default Re: Re: any hook ups for Oakley sunglasses on here?

Originally posted by colinxx235

I now regret the last 10 years of my life that I did not use one cent of my vision benefits.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    Ford

i just got lasik done a few months ago. they said go to sunglass hut tell them you just got lasik and get %30 off.

went to one in west edmonton mall. she didn't ask for a receipt or my name. $220 polarized oakley jupiter squares for $160. i also bought a $100 gift card on kijiji for $75 so that was an additional $25 off.

they also had a deal going on for 40% off your 2nd pair if you know someone else to split the savings with.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride
    RSX-S

Originally posted by pf0sh0
    Yes you can. I just did. sometimes it depends on the place though
    Not all insurance covers sunglasses, if any at all to my knowledge. The way some people get it written off is to have the dealer write you a receipt for prescription glasses.

Hit up a eyeglass place in Chinatown, i'm sure they can read between the lines and understand what you want but be prepared to pay full MSRP if not more.

Edit: currently at ~20 pairs of oaks and few pairs of Raybans.
    Last edited by KISS_ME; 07-11-2014 at 03:08 PM.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by DENZILDON

This!! I had a pair that I accidentally sat on while in Vegas drunk. My oakleys just crumbled but was a snap to put it back like nothing happened.
    Yeah, mine are indestructable, they really are. Unlike the cheap ones that start to fall apart after a week or two under minimal light use. Ive had mine for over a year, Im not nice to them at all, and........ nothing has yet to come apart or loosen or break.

Bit of random Trivia for you guys, Oakley's originated down in California. The name "Oakley" comes from the company founders dog, whose name was Oakley. One day the dog ruined a pair of his sunglasses while he was away, so the owner opted to make stylish glasses that were indestructible pretty much. Now.... thats how Oakley sunglasses came to being, now its one of the most well known Sunglass manufacturer in the world today.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    VAG products

Originally posted by KISS_ME

Not all insurance covers sunglasses, if any at all to my knowledge. The way some people get it written off is to have the dealer write you a receipt for prescription glasses.

this is the key haha

My Ride
    06 F-150

Good shades is the way to go. I had four pairs of Oakleys dating back six years or more. Lost of pair of Gascans but still have my crankcases, holbrook, and gives squares (which I hate btw). They are impossible to break and the lens quality is unreal. People think cheap shades called polarized are same shit.. Until they try mine on and look at water or major glare and they can really tell the difference.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast