Quantcast
Legacy Exteriors Kitchen Reno - InRich - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Legacy Exteriors Kitchen Reno - InRich

My Ride
    toyota MR2

Thumbs up Legacy Exteriors Kitchen Reno - InRich

It was around mid-May when i saw flipstah’s condo renovation thread and I first contacted Richard and Legacy Exteriors about an upcoming kitchen reno.

We purchased our house June 2013 with the full intent of re-doing the kitchen. It’s a 2001 built home with a typical early 2000’s kitchen. Not terrible, but definitely in need of an upgrade we felt. Everything was in great shape with what looked to be upgraded cabinets/drawers so it would be a shame to not to try and keep it!

Our first point of contact with Richard was via pm and followed by phone/text. Richard was always prompt no matter what method you prefer. Something I’m sure we can all appreciate.
    Within a day or two of talking to Richard over the phone and outlying what we had planned we had his contractors at our place giving us quotes. Both subcontractors were professional and on time. They were able to meet us FAR outside normal business hours which was extremely convenient for us. In the end the quotes came back so reasonable that we decided to do our master bath and guest bathroom as well!

Our first actual meeting with Richard was at a granite store in the SE. He took us around looking at slabs of granite/marble giving advice and insight where he could. Although we couldn’t find what we were looking for that day we did find something we liked at another store recommended to us by Richard. The whole experience was rather enjoyable and in the end we chose Colonial White Granite for everything.

Fast forward a week or two and things are rolling. Richards guys were nice, professional, trustworthy and accommodating. We have a newborn baby and two small dogs. I work a 12 hour, 2 week rotation while my fiancée stays home with the little ones. It was a bit of a chore shuffling everyone around the days they’d be painting. However, the guys had no problem giving us extra time to get out of the house each morning. When we all caught colds last month the guys were fine giving us a few days to rest and recover which was much appreciated!

We often were not home when the renos were taking place. We had no issues leaving them in the house alone or on a couple occasions with the fiancée and baby.

All taped up.

And ready for paint.

Now, as for the business side of things I was a little wary of the whole painting process but the cabinet finish on the doors looks factory! Even and smooth. For the most part everything came out better than I expected. Granite included. But like any reno things aren’t always going to come out perfect. The couple issues I did have during the final walkthrough were taken care of promptly over the course of two visits. To be honest there were some fine details I would have like to have seen done differently but overall it was a job well done.

As for Inrich… Richard was great to deal with. Very punctual in returning calls/texts and always on time! He really did go the extra mile for us on a couple of occasions.
    First when we needed custom brackets for the island. He took care of it. And secondly when we needed a plumber to do minor sink hookups (so we didn’t have to do dishes in the bathtub) he got a guy there that night! Both were completed quickly and done for a fair price! The whole process was reassuring and relatively stress free just knowing who we were working with. For that reason alone I’d give Rich a 10. He really allowed us to do our thing while taking control of the job pretty much start to finish.

One thing which I should mention was Richard never asked for money until the job was complete and we were happy with the results. So we never had to worry about paying up front without the work being complete.

Kitchen

Now we just need to finish the basement ☺
    Last edited by thinmyster; 07-15-2014 at 05:07 AM.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    toyota MR2

Kichen

Sink & Island

Ensuite Before

Ensuite

Ensuite Close-up

Guest Bath Before

Guest Bath After
    Last edited by thinmyster; 07-15-2014 at 05:06 AM.

Love the granite.

God I fucking hate those old raised sinks. I want to reno just to get rid of those.

May I ask what wall color you have? That would look great in our bathrooms too.

Looks good. Makes the floors look better with the contrast both the tile and the hardwood.

Get some pendant lights over the eating area along the island.

what was the price point on repainting the cabinets?

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by Evo prec
    what was the price point on repainting the cabinets?
    Want to know too. I want to redo the kitchen sometime, i have pretty much the same layout as you and the same number of cabinets so let me know, with and without the granite.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Very nice selection! Glad to hear my thread helped you out. Looks awesome!

Bright and airy.

How's the single sink setup? I was thinking of getting one vs. a double but I'm pretty happy with what I used.
    Doing It For the 'Gram

I ain't worried 'bout it right now..

My Ride
    '14 Audi S5 /'09 Forester XT

Classic white cabinets will never go out of style! That looks so much better and will age nicely for the next 20 years.

What do the inside of the cabinets look like? Painted as well?

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV
    Classic white cabinets will never go out of style! That looks so much better and will age nicely for the next 20 years.

Looking at the way they did the taping, i would say inside is already white. My cabinets look very much like that and on the inside just white.

Looks great! I would also want to know price point of painting cabinets if possible. Thanks.

I would be interested in seeing how well the finish holds up over the course of the next 4-5 years.

My Ride
    Exploded.

That's still an awesome choice for a countertop. Nice and clean.
    Doing It For the 'Gram

I ain't worried 'bout it right now..

My Ride
    toyota MR2

Originally posted by suntan
    Love the granite.

God I fucking hate those old raised sinks. I want to reno just to get rid of those.

May I ask what wall color you have? That would look great in our bathrooms too.
    BM Dove White for the cabinets
    BM Revere Pweter in the bathrooms
    BM Edgecomb Gray for kitchen and living room

I will say the cabinets look warmer in person and not as stark as they appear in some of the pictures.

Originally posted by eblend

Want to know too. I want to redo the kitchen sometime, i have pretty much the same layout as you and the same number of cabinets so let me know, with and without the granite.
    We were close to 11K tax included for kitchen & bathrooms, split almost evenly between paint and granite. All the fixtures were extra and sourced by my fiancee and I.

Kitchen alone wasn't all that much cheaper and we never did get a quote for just the kitchen granite. But the type of stone you use will vary in price

Originally posted by flipstah
    Very nice selection! Glad to hear my thread helped you out. Looks awesome!

Bright and airy.

How's the single sink setup? I was thinking of getting one vs. a double but I'm pretty happy with what I used.
    Single sink is great! We've never had one before either. It is nice for baking sheets and large frying pans. We use a small container for the baby bottles which stays in the sink most of the time.

Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV

The doors were solid wood so they were painted back and front. The cabinets and shelves themselves are laminate so they weren't painted which we are fine with. Ill post a picture later tonight.

Originally posted by sputnik
    I would be interested in seeing how well the finish holds up over the course of the next 4-5 years.
    The cabinets were painted with a waterborne lacquer I believe. Our initial feeling is it will last a very long time. Its smooth and hard and cleans up easily.

Light granite is usually pretty porous. Which reminds me we still need to seal it!
    Last edited by thinmyster; 07-15-2014 at 07:32 PM.

wow looks great

Wow

Great colour choices all around; looks amazing.

We painted the cabinets at my mom's place probably about 10 years ago now using a similar approach and they're still holding up great. I wouldn't have any concerns on that front.

Thanks for the info!

That's actually a great price for the reno.

My Ride
    NC1

holy crap the before and after is cray! looks awesome man and good work inrich!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Ah man seeing this makes me wanna call Rich. I'm in the exact same situation.

Lol.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Looks great! Congrats! I just painted mine myself. Was 300 dollars for everything, including new handles from Ikea. Need to do the counters and backsplash, but I went from maple to white cabinets also! Smaller condo kitchen though.

My Ride
    Acura CL

looks great!
    i'm also looking to get something similar done so i will make sure i give these guys a call

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast