Quantcast
S-Drive by Samsung - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: S-Drive by Samsung

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Default S-Drive by Samsung

I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of Samsung, but in this case I'm really rooting for them to succeed in this.

https://www.samsung.com.au/sdrive

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-03-2019 at 12:51 AM.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    I am assuming that this just gives you points for doing the speed limit

PASS

we need people to get into the habit of driving with traffic... not obstructing it to earn points

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Hatred

Seems like a good program to me.
    -U

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

I like how they blame the young specifically, but austrailia has different demographics.

I am all for anything that can help stop distracted driving. It seems like the best tactic is to simply disable touch actions when a phone is connected to a car.

My Ride
    Subaru wagon

Looks like an awesome idea. In today's society where people want rewards I hope this works

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Add a distraction to tell you to stop being distracted and as a reward you get prizes. This is a bad idea.

How about put the god damn phone away and pay attention. The app does not know about the guy in the F350 riding your ass or the WRX 5 cars ahead that is likely drunk and may change into your lane suddenly.

Lets rely on an app to tell our kids how to drive. Kids will never develop a driver's sixth sense using it. I can tell when some dumb-ass 7 cars ahead is going to do something stupid by simply watching them for 15 seconds. Putting the burden of good driving instincts onto an app that tells you how to drive safely will make for the dumbest and most clueless drivers on the planet.

I applaud the intent but this has got to be the dumbest fucking thing I have seen in eons.

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Originally posted by frizzlefry
    Add a distraction to tell you to stop being distracted and as a reward you get prizes. This is a bad idea.

How about put the god damn phone away and pay attention. The app does not know about the guy in the F350 riding your ass or the WRX 5 cars ahead that is likely drunk and may change into your lane suddenly.

Lets rely on an app to tell our kids how to drive. Kids will never develop a driver's sixth sense using it. I can tell when some dumb-ass 7 cars ahead is going to do something stupid by simply watching them for 15 seconds. Putting the burden of good driving instincts onto an app that tells you how to drive safely will make for the dumbest and most clueless drivers on the planet.

I applaud the intent but this has got to be the dumbest fucking thing I have seen in eons.
    Originally posted by codetrap

Had to be quoted! I get what you're trying to say but it's probably not the dumbest thing you've seen. It's made an impact, or so they say.

There will always be that "other" driver who you have to watch for which goes without saying. But I doubt this will make owners of the S Drive worse driver. It just a hands free technology which helps!