Quantcast
NIMBYs Gone Full Retard (Skyview + Airport Noise complaints) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: NIMBYs Gone Full Retard (Skyview + Airport Noise complaints)

Default NIMBYs Gone Full Retard (Skyview + Airport Noise complaints)

Buy a house right by the airport under the new runway, then complain about noise when the runway opens.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/ca...186/story.html
    ---

My Ride
    You Crazy

So my neighborhood that has been here for 50 + years picked up a bunch of air traffic noise.

I'm mildly upset (not THAT loud, but enough to disrupt a conversation).

Why don't they fly the planes North out of town, then circle east around the city?

Was there a vote to the new routes? Were affected homeowners consulted?

I missed the memo.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

people are retarded, if I moved beside train tracks could I complain that the train is loud?

My Ride
    Sentra spec5-T

Originally posted by theken
    people are retarded, if I moved beside train tracks could I complain that the train is loud?
    I hear a few Inglewood residents have done just that.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...dent-1.2436106

Originally posted by Toma
    So my neighborhood that has been here for 50 + years picked up a bunch of air traffic noise.

Why don't they fly the planes North out of town, then circle east around the city?

I missed the memo.
    I think the direction is dictated by wind at the time.

My Ride
    Grimace

Read the story on CBC earlier. Hilarious. Also if you check the 311 complaints there are a bunch also
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...ties-1.2709262

skyview ranch though, why do they think the land is so f'ing cheap!

It is the airports land though and all the complaints about decreased property value

ne got the stupid tunnel, they can stfu

toma though.....

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Landing and take-off directions are variable due to wind direction and other traffic in the area. it's not feasable to always take off northwards and then circle around the city.

I dunno, last time I was looking at real estae i checked what infrastrucutre was in the area, and I factored that into my purchase. Maybe that's just me being anal.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Wonder where all these people were when the airport was doing all the consultations during the planning and building. Anyone who bought after the rumor of an expansion started has zero right to complain since they would have known about this when they did their research.

Hopefully everyone knows that any "consultation" now is simply lip service and nothing will actually be done no matter how much they complain.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-12-2020 at 10:48 PM.

My Ride
    2013 Ford Focus ST

I live right off 96th Ave about 5mins west of the airport. I have a flight path right over me that runs east/west and I have to be honest...you get used to the planes coming and going. It's just like living next to train tracks...eventually your block the noise out and it just becomes part of everyday life. (mind you I did live in Lake Louise and Canmore and am used to tains night and day)

Honestly these people in the NE communities knew they were living right next to the airport...not sure what they expected. With a city growing as quickly as Calgary one would have to expect the airport to grow. As for SkyView Ranch...well duhh...look at where you live...literally in the middle of butt F$%K nowhere. Your choice and the reason lots prices are cheaper than INSIDE the city.

My Ride
    POS

I sure hope nothing will come out of these complaints. They should just send a pair of fluffy ear muffs to everyone who complains. There are always information sessions, consultations and open houses that the city holds so people can come and voice their concerns BEFORE these projects start. This runway wasn't built overnight, I believe it was in the works for like 15 years.

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

I missed the memo.
    Because that would burn extra gas and then we all die from the greenhouse effect? I would think a hippie like you would want them to get on the ground as efficiently as possible. Maybe they need a tune?

I assume the conservatives designed the flight path when they figured out where you live.

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

Sometimes people astound me.

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

My Ride
    Whirlpool Deluxe washing machine

I missed the memo.
    it is easy for you to say that, and launch complaints.

But the problem is air traffic has increased in YYC, just as road traffic has increased in an infrastructure that was not created to handle this volume.

In aviation, and aircraft enters "the pattern"
    Upwind-->Crosswind-->Downwind-->Base--> and final approach to the runway. So yes, it loops around the runaway/airport before it lands. This pattern, (especially on the new runaway) overlaps neighborhoods as it does it's route on approach to final.

To change "the pattern" involves dangerously intersecting other "patterns" in proximity of other runaways and other air traffic routes.

Unfortunately, your request to move planes "North out of town" compromises this aspect of a safe pattern entry for commercial jets.

Realistically.. there is no cure to reduce noise. To reduce noise= to reduce traffic. and to reduce traffic= bottom line reduction in business to the YYC.

Which is why.. CYBW (Sprinbank airport under control of CYYC) was created as an overflow for Private/business aircraft as the routes/traffic to CYYC is plugging up.

Growing pains Toma, growing pains.
    Last edited by TheStigz; 07-17-2014 at 08:26 AM.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

On CBC they had a bunch of people in the NE call in (this was on the morning show a couple of weeks ago) and some were in marlborough park etc saying how loud it was now with the new runway. Some people were saying there was 100 new flights a day.

Then a couple of days later a guy from the airport authority was on. The radio guy (doug dirks or david gray) asked so how many new flights are there and the airport guy said none its just to accept bigger planes and make logistics easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by Nitro5
    I think the direction is dictated by wind at the time.
    Dictated by wind direction by swapping north/south as start points and iirc the new runway(17L/35R) supports mostly eastern flights and landings, while the original 17R/35L caters to western. 08/26 obviously for smaller stuff.

My Ride
    rally pig

i lived in beddington growing up and now i'm in skyview, never had any issues with airplane noise

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by nzwasp
    On CBC they had a bunch of people in the NE call in (this was on the morning show a couple of weeks ago) and some were in marlborough park etc saying how loud it was now with the new runway. Some people were saying there was 100 new flights a day.

Then a couple of days later a guy from the airport authority was on. The radio guy (doug dirks or david gray) asked so how many new flights are there and the airport guy said none its just to accept bigger planes and make logistics easier.
    The airport guy also pawned it off to engine manufacturers, saying the solution for noise is to design quieter engines. I found that hilarious.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I think a lot of the complaints that I saw on the news yesterday were from people who attended the info sessions and were informed. But the Airport totally undersold the amount of noise and traffic that would be added, and thats why people are upset.

If you say its going to be 20 planes a day at 6o dB (just random numbers) and its 12 planes an hour at 85 dB, I would be pissed off too.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Planes are getting quieter, but it'll take decades before the old birds are out of the fleet.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast