Quantcast
One Plus One Review - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: One Plus One Review

FYI, I should be recieving mine in the mail, I will be throwing it up for sale if anyone wants it. I realized Im quite happy with my S5.

My Ride
    93' civic, honda for lyfe!!

PM'd
    Originally posted by 89s1
    I leave the safety off the gun stuffed in my belt. I'm not worried about shotting off one of my balls. I got a spare.

^dibs!

Are you going to try and put the bottom part of the phone under uv to fix the yellow band problem? I'm thinking of giving it a shot this week and go from there. The yellow band isn't too bad, only noticeable if I point it out to people. Also I have found the battery life to be pretty good (thanks to the 3100mAh battery). I mostly have been using it for gaming and it last quite the while. Real world use like texting, calling, internet browsing and such last more then a day.

Got one Friday. Shipping came overnight for me. Ordered 23rd, shipped on 24th and was here on the 25. Battery for me has been great. It is a little big coming from the s3 but I'm getting used to it. I have the yellow band issue which apparently will be a software fix with the next ota but it hasn't really bothered me much. If you try the UV fix let us know if it works. Cameras nice and has recording to 4k HD but haven't tried it yet.

Also, quick tip if your music randomly starts playing or the torch turns on while it is in your pocket, there are gestures that when the screen is off can be used to turn on the music, camera, or torch. I just turned them off as the music started playing randomly quite a few times today while in my pocket.
    Last edited by elite; 07-28-2014 at 05:21 PM.

^ got any invites?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Scorvian

Hey, you're free to believe in whatever you want.

I just saw a couple of threads requesting for invites for the phone, so I thought I'd do a mini review.
    Doesn't admit it, doesn't deny it, doesn't post again

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by elite
    Got one Friday. Shipping came overnight for me. Ordered 23rd, shipped on 24th and was here on the 25. Battery for me has been great. It is a little big coming from the s3 but I'm getting used to it. I have the yellow band issue which apparently will be a software fix with the next ota but it hasn't really bothered me much. If you try the UV fix let us know if it works. Cameras nice and has recording to 4k HD but haven't tried it yet.

Also, quick tip if your music randomly starts playing or the torch turns on while it is in your pocket, there are gestures that when the screen is off can be used to turn on the music, camera, or torch. I just turned them off as the music started playing randomly quite a few times today while in my pocket.
    None of us have one so your tips are useless jk, lets start a beyond invite chain (pls lol)

Originally posted by n1zm0

None of us have one so your tips are useless jk, lets start a beyond invite chain (pls lol)
    no invites yet. If i do get one I will hand them out here.

Just got my invites from buying the phone, I got 3 invites to give out.

These invites are for the 64GB black sandstone versions.

PM me to get it

My Ride
    acura integra

I absolutely love the double tap feature to wake up the phone.

One of my friends decided not to buy the phone, so I have 1 invite left.

If anyone wants it, just send a PM.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Is this a phone that a person can use for work? All I need out of a phone is for it to work with Outlook without a bunch of fucking around, be able to use as a wifi hotspot so I can use my computer when I'm working in the field, and for the battery to not die immediately. I don't need apps or games. And I want it to work out of the box. I don't want to have to download a bunch of shit just to get it to where I can use it.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

And I am out of invites, if I get more I'll posy again

Originally posted by SKR
    Is this a phone that a person can use for work? All I need out of a phone is for it to work with Outlook without a bunch of fucking around, be able to use as a wifi hotspot so I can use my computer when I'm working in the field, and for the battery to not die immediately. I don't need apps or games. And I want it to work out of the box. I don't want to have to download a bunch of shit just to get it to where I can use it.
    I would say so.

All the functionality that out want are built-in for android, plus the battery life on the phone is very good. I haven't had a situation where my phone would be dead before the end o the day.

My Ride
    Bicycle

The question is, how soon can Cyanogen/One Plus commit to releases of new builds on this device? Especially Android L?

Originally posted by Xtrema
    The question is, how soon can Cyanogen/One Plus commit to releases of new builds on this device? Especially Android L?
    I have had the phone for a week and have had an update. I am pretty sure cyanogen would be committed to keeping the phone updated. Even my s3 is still getting updates for the custom cyanogen rom.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Originally posted by Scorvian
    And I am out of invites, if I get more I'll posy again

I would say so.

All the functionality that out want are built-in for android, plus the battery life on the phone is very good. I haven't had a situation where my phone would be dead before the end o the day.
    I had an Android phone. As far as my work email was concerned, it stunk. They told me to download an app called K19. The only K19 I know of is the Widowmaker, and I said fuck that.

Also I don't want constant updates. This talk of how often will they release updates sounds like death to me. I'm just an old man that wants a telephone that can text and send email.

I went dropped by a nail salon today and asked if I can borrow the UV light machine that they used on drying nails. At first they were hesitant, but they end up letting me used the machine. I had just the bottom part of the phone under the light for about 15 minutes. The result is almost completely gone yellow banding. I was planning to go back for another 10 minutes but my case and screen protector came in, and it's not noticeable anymore unless I point it out.

Also I don't have any invites at the moment to give out.

Thanks to Scorvian I ordered my phone the other day. (yesterday). My order status just went from pending shipment to processing. Not sure when I get my invites (if I do) but I will share for sure with the exception of one that is reserved for a friend.

Invite please, I'll share mine when I get the phone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast