Quantcast
looking for a car detailer... get my ac vent cleaned - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: looking for a car detailer... get my ac vent cleaned

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    calgary, ab
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    0

    Default looking for a car detailer... get my ac vent cleaned

    hey beyond,


    my AC vents stinks, not when its in use, but right after i turn it off and when just the fans are running... smells like feet... haha kinda gross..

    when i run the fans no smell...
    i have tried everything i can find on youtube...

    i want to get it professionally cleaned! and my interior is a mess anyways lol

    not too long ago i seen a detailer on groupon who does interior and exterior who does vent cleaning as well but i was little to hesitant to purchase.... and now i cant find them...

    if you know of any companies or anyone who does that please let me know!

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    G37X
    Posts
    837
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I assume you've changed your cabin air filter?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calgay
    Posts
    269
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Can try and use a can of klima fresh
    Euro

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    jdm b18c
    Posts
    350
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Lol that's normal, I had a lot of complaints about that. What you have to do is turn off your a/cbefore you get to your destination, you won't smell it then. Do you drive a honda by any chance??
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    MooooooO
    My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon
    Posts
    2,178
    Rep Power
    11

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Whirlpool Deluxe washing machine
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Odor Stop

    I must say I tried this shit and damn it works.


    get two cans, start your car, let it run, turn on A/C, set to recirculate, (read the instructions to double check).


    Put can upright (I let mine sit in the cup holder) Pull tab and get the fuck out of your car. (it will shoot vapor and bomb the car)

    Give her 15 minutes.


    Than bomb her again with the second can.

    Open all windows after to let the vapors vent out.

    car is now deodorized, ac vents are cleaned and deodorized as well.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    S4
    Posts
    2,623
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally posted by HiSpec
    This.... (more thorough)

    http://autoobsessed.com/shop/einszet...ver-p-637.html

    or this... (easy way)

    http://autoobsessed.com/shop/einszet...tu-p-2006.html

    Awesome. I've actually been looking for a solution like the first one in your post for a while. I'm having the same problem as OP, and I'm positive it's not the cabin air filter.

    Have you used the "more thorough" thing before? (or anyone else that has, feel free to chime in) I'm just trying to figure out how tough it can actually be... doesn't seem like rocket science.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    Toyota
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    0

    Default


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    1,706
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally posted by TheStigz
    Odor Stop

    I must say I tried this shit and damn it works.


    get two cans, start your car, let it run, turn on A/C, set to recirculate, (read the instructions to double check).


    Put can upright (I let mine sit in the cup holder) Pull tab and get the fuck out of your car. (it will shoot vapor and bomb the car)

    Give her 15 minutes.


    Than bomb her again with the second can.

    Open all windows after to let the vapors vent out.

    car is now deodorized, ac vents are cleaned and deodorized as well.
    LOL I only used one can but holy god yes. You really need to air the car out you use this as the vapors are intense.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    539
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Most detailers that will do vent cleaning will either just use compressed air to blow the dust back or they'll wipe it out with towels/qtips, it wouldn't do anything for the odor

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Whirlpool Deluxe washing machine
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by firebane


    LOL I only used one can but holy god yes. You really need to air the car out you use this as the vapors are intense.

    lol I bought a can for my Chinese friend for his CRV. As he was driving he decided to use it thinking it was a just a spray.

    Needless to say, I got a phone call later with him coughing and yelling.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    1,706
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally posted by TheStigz



    lol I bought a can for my Chinese friend for his CRV. As he was driving he decided to use it thinking it was a just a spray.

    Needless to say, I got a phone call later with him coughing and yelling.


    LOL that would have been brutal.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    calgary, ab
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by relyt92
    I assume you've changed your cabin air filter?
    That was my first attampt...haha

    Originally posted by TheStigz
    Odor Stop

    I must say I tried this shit and damn it works.


    get two cans, start your car, let it run, turn on A/C, set to recirculate, (read the instructions to double check).


    Put can upright (I let mine sit in the cup holder) Pull tab and get the fuck out of your car. (it will shoot vapor and bomb the car)

    Give her 15 minutes.


    Than bomb her again with the second can.

    Open all windows after to let the vapors vent out.

    car is now deodorized, ac vents are cleaned and deodorized as well.
    i have actually tried this product.. it seemed like it worked at first.. but few days later it came right back, not as intense tho, mind you i maybe should of tried it without the cabin filter for the recirc...


    Originally posted by know1edge
    Most detailers that will do vent cleaning will either just use compressed air to blow the dust back or they'll wipe it out with towels/qtips, it wouldn't do anything for the odor
    i was looking and suprisingly that's all they do... but i had found one company who does deorderizing. it was on a groupon sale, but while i was doing my further researching, groupon sale got sold out and now i can't find their website... lucky me..

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    calgary, ab
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by natty54
    Can try and use a can of klima fresh

    Originally posted by HiSpec
    This.... (more thorough)

    http://autoobsessed.com/shop/einszet...ver-p-637.html

    or this... (easy way)

    http://autoobsessed.com/shop/einszet...tu-p-2006.html

    is Amazon the only place to buy this stuff?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    15 FiST, 18 GTI, 07 Miata
    Posts
    5,046
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    You can buy it at Carzilla here in town

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    calgary, ab
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by gpomp
    You can buy it at Carzilla here in town
    awesome!
    ill try that and report back!!!!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,455
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally posted by TheStigz
    Odor Stop

    I must say I tried this shit and damn it works.
    Used a can today on my 4Runner. Use to smell like something died in the vents. In the past I removed the cabin air filter, ran the fan on high and misted Lysol into where the cabin filter went. It didn't work.

    Today I removed the glove box completely, removed the cabin filter, aimed the can up towards the filter opening and let er rip. Smells nice now, so hopefully it did the trick. Good price at $10 a can.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    G37X
    Posts
    837
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally posted by Cooked Rice


    Used a can today on my 4Runner. Use to smell like something died in the vents. In the past I removed the cabin air filter, ran the fan on high and misted Lysol into where the cabin filter went. It didn't work.

    Today I removed the glove box completely, removed the cabin filter, aimed the can up towards the filter opening and let er rip. Smells nice now, so hopefully it did the trick. Good price at $10 a can.
    Want to update in 2 weeks or something to see if the results are permanent?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    calgary, ab
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    haha Reporting back!! smell GONE!

    used a can of evaporator foam cleaner in the vents, but was not successful, unfortunately made it worse...

    just bought 2 more cans of evaporator foam cleaner from acklands.
    after extensive research, i figured out a way to access AC evaporator box with out tearing the whole dash apart on my BMW, god damn Germans thought of everything.

    used 2 cans of this evaporator cleaner right into the hole, and after 30 min, smell gone!

    product used was:
    https://www.acklandsgrainger.com/AGI...m_code=TSI6984

    just in time for summer!
    Thanks guys
    Last edited by tktwhiz; 05-24-2015 at 01:24 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. need recommandation on interior detailer, and AC vent clean...

    By tktwhiz in forum Car Care, Detailing and Body Work
    Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 07-18-2014, 05:26 PM
  2. Roof vent question - ok to share a bathroom fan vent?

    By toastgremlin in forum Home and Garden
    Replies: 3
    Latest Threads: 06-21-2012, 01:33 PM
  3. Where to get fuel injectors tested and cleaned?

    By b_t in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 08-02-2006, 06:30 PM
  4. Where do i go to get the things under my hood cleaned?

    By takeshi in forum Car Care, Detailing and Body Work
    Replies: 2
    Latest Threads: 09-09-2005, 12:49 PM
  5. Where to get car interior cleaned?

    By dcoultis in forum Car Care, Detailing and Body Work
    Replies: 10
    Latest Threads: 06-15-2005, 12:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •