Quantcast
BMW M2 Anouncement? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: BMW M2 Anouncement?

My Ride
    900rwhp Turbo e46 M3 / 12 BMW X5 35D

A GTR isn't savage nor raw...it's a precision instrument meant for going fast...it has no feel...even at 1100hp it's boring.

An S2000 is fun and raw.

The new F82 M4 is fun, savage, raw...w/e you want to call it...just a wicked car. You take a corner at 140km/h and you feel connected and you say hey...I can drive even faster next lap.

Drove the F80 and F82 back to back...F82 is better as all the BMW DTM/Professional drivers I was with attested to. Not mind blowingly different but definitely noticeable in feel.

And yes the E92 M3 is faster stock than an E46 M3...I should hope it is with 2 extra cylinders but the feel is like others have said...soft. It's a great daily driver I will agree to that but nothing I would want to daily drive with the shitty MPG it gets lol.

My E46 gets like 26mpg on the highway still...and an F82 M4 may be in my future if it ever comes in red lol.

I want the M2 to be good...so we will see. I think the M2 with an S55 in it would be epic.

My Ride

Originally posted by colinxx235
    ^

Yah your HPF M3 is on a level above beast from all the reviews/videos I have seen over the years. I have never had the pleasure to sit in or drive one, but the numbers it puts down are insane.

Going through those forums on the M4 with the JB tune were very surprising what it delivered with a quick tune. But you will most likely never have the ceiling that the HPF kit gave to the e46. That aside, I'm sure a new M4 tuned with a few goodies will be an absolute blast to drive
    Thanks man, it's not even close to HPF anymore with the exception of the exhaust manifold/intercooler. Everything else has been upgraded now.

This is a nice video recently at only 20psi and about 800rwhp...full tilt is around 26psi at 900rwhp:
    http://youtu.be/aUA-ygldLSo

The new M4 JB tune has made great power but I'd rather go with the flash tune...doesn't trick the ecu and will likely yield more reliability.

The JB tune likely was tuned directly to make a lot more power aggressively. I've met both tuners directly...I can attest the flash tune is very conservative.
    Last edited by Commanderwiggin; 07-30-2014 at 10:25 AM.

It's interesting we have different views on what savage is. The GTR isn't what I would call a precise instrument. Precise instruments respond well to finese. I would call a GT3 a precise instrument.

The E90/E92 gets better MPG with a SC so the SC is solely for improving daily driveability

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-03-2019 at 02:05 PM.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Originally posted by CSMRX7
    It's interesting we have different views on what savage is. The GTR isn't what I would call a precise instrument. Precise instruments respond well to finese. I would call a GT3 a precise instrument.

The E90/E92 gets better MPG with a SC so the SC is solely for improving daily driveability
    When I think of savage, I think of something that most regular people would have trouble driving to the limits. You don't need much skill to push a stock GTR to it's limits around a track, but you do need quite a bit of skill to push a Z06 to its limits around the track. That in my mind makes it savage..

I managed to pull in 32MPG on the way to Kelowna with mine, and I was driving fairly hard!

Commanderwiggin - Maybe you need to do some research on fuel consumption...

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/20603.shtml
    http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/29709.shtml
    Last edited by BavarianBeast; 07-30-2014 at 11:29 AM.

My Ride
    E90 335i

I blame Ryan. He drops the word "savage" and all of a sudden we got an uprising on our hands!

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Never really used the term savage for a car before.

This is the only time I use the word:

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

haha.. maybe its because my 1m was modded almost right from the get go that its savage in my mind. There wasn't a point to driving that car with the traction control on otherwise it was always coming on. The direct feel of the transmission, the hard hitting n54, the mechanical lsd, the awesome brakes and short wheel base make the car feel so different than anything anybody offers today in a vehicle. The e9X m3 are amazing but they're easy to drive fast and dont scare you like the 1m does.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride

Originally posted by BavarianBeast

When I think of savage, I think of something that most regular people would have trouble driving to the limits. You don't need much skill to push a stock GTR to it's limits around a track, but you do need quite a bit of skill to push a Z06 to its limits around the track. That in my mind makes it savage..

I managed to pull in 32MPG on the way to Kelowna with mine, and I was driving fairly hard!

Commanderwiggin - Maybe you need to do some research on fuel consumption...

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/20603.shtml
    http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/29709.shtml
    If you got 32mpg with a S/C on an E92 M3 you are fucking high.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Imperial gallon?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Most likely bigger injectors and a revised tune to inject a much lower pulse width confusing the on board computer.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

If he is using the onboard computer, I take the values with a grain of salt. Modded or not. onboard computers are notoriously optimistic.

My Ride

I like it when I ask my friends who have ESS Supercharger kits on their E92's...

"My 2013 M3 has 20,000 miles and 19,200 have been supercharged. Averages 14mph daily driving. About 17-18 at most highway and 10 around town. Driving it hard maybe 5mpg at best."

"Hahahahaa that's total bullshit! Stock was 12-14mpg so you can guess what it is supercharged. You can watch the needle going down"

And someone in the ESS world you might be familiar with BavarianBeast:
    DLSJ5: "Total BS"

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Originally posted by rage2
    Most likely bigger injectors and a revised tune to inject a much lower pulse width confusing the on board computer.
    Yep, agree.
    Originally posted by benyl
    If he is using the onboard computer, I take the values with a grain of salt. Modded or not. onboard computers are notoriously optimistic.
    And agree with this too.

Not nearly the same animal as your guys cars, but my Turbo'd R, would show 25mpg, when driving I-15. Even when out of boost, but I'm thinking the injectors are the culprits.
    (stock a normally aspirated car, to then after-market force induced)

As I had lots of time to think during that drive, I later realized/calculated that those figures are hogwash.
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

Originally posted by Commanderwiggin
    I like it when I ask my friends who have ESS Supercharger kits on their E92's...

"My 2013 M3 has 20,000 miles and 19,200 have been supercharged. Averages 14mph daily driving. About 17-18 at most highway and 10 around town. Driving it hard maybe 5mpg at best."

"Hahahahaa that's total bullshit! Stock was 12-14mpg so you can guess what it is supercharged. You can watch the needle going down"

And someone in the ESS world you might be familiar with BavarianBeast:
    DLSJ5: "Total BS"
    32mpg even imperial would be mind blowing. I probably get around the 12-14mpg in town with the SC, but I don't drive like a douche.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Well it is the onboard computer that was telling me 32mpg. If I reset it in the city and drive around it will read about 16-18 after a week or so.

After doing some thinking & calculations though, the number appears to be quite off haha.

I made it from Calgary to Revelstoke on about 3/4 tank which is about 255 miles.

Seeing as the M3 tank is 17 gal, I would of burned 12.8 gal in 255 miles making my consumption around 20mpg.

My bad for trusting technology.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Originally posted by CSMRX7

32mpg even imperial would be mind blowing. I probably get around the 12-14mpg in town with the SC, but I don't drive like a douche.
    12-14 mpg and thats better than stock? wow...

Im averaging around 18.5 US mpg in town... if the SC is better on fuel, i'd like to see what I could be capable of...

Originally posted by A2VR6

12-14 mpg and thats better than stock? wow...

Im averaging around 18.5 US mpg in town... if the SC is better on fuel, i'd like to see what I could be capable of...
    Car is mostly used to go to and from work, and lots of in town, traffic light to traffic light kinda stuff. Wider and stickier tires don't help either. I know that people running PSS usually see better MPG than those running AD08/RE11/PSC.

On the highway I averaged around 23mpg driving from Calgary to Whitefish which is mountain roads with lots of passing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3