Quantcast
Camera Suggestions - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Camera Suggestions

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

55mm 1.8 is an amazing lens. I finally broke down and bought one, even though I have some decent Leica 50's.

I have the 35 2.8 which I preordered with the A7. Great lens. Better than the 35 1.8 e-mount I had with the NEX5N. But that's not comparing apples to apples.

I also use a Minolta 50 1.4 with the LAEA4 adapter. It's ok, but images have this slightly smuggy-ness to it compare to more modern lens. f2 is ok, but at 1.4, that chromatic issue (what's the correct term for it?) start to manifest itself.

the E-mount 10-18 f4 OSS is quite usable at 14 mm even without the crop mode. But if you have strong / intense light source in your frame, you might get a patch of evenly spaced dots (pink or green). Some think it is due to how close the sensor is with the lens and the extreme angles the light is projected with wide angle lens. More common issue on the A7, and not the A7r. I don't really understand this myself, but I've surely seen it in my own photos. And I try to photoshop it out.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

You can sort of see it in this photo in the area around the sun. I tried to clone out the color dots... not too successful. well, color is gone, but some dots still remain.

There is supposed to be a 16-xx out later which hopefully will have a better handle on this issue (maybe via some magic firmware).

Since you did ask about the Nikon 1 series, here's one I've taken with the Nikon J1 with the 30-110 on the same day in the same area. In fact you can see the fox in my above picture as well, but color was muted :P

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

For the trip, I took my A7 and the Nikon J1 with me and left all my Nikon DSLR gear at home. Really wished I had my FT-1 adapter and my 70-300 VR with me for that second photo though.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Nice find! Interesting about the A7S, I thought they really bumped up the ISO performance.

There is a Fuji lens I kepted seeing used on FM, I think the Fuji 56mm 1.2? Such a beautiful lens!

Are you selling your D300 now?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    2010 GMC Sierra, Rocky ETSX-70

Originally posted by msommers
    Nice find! Interesting about the A7S, I thought they really bumped up the ISO performance.

There is a Fuji lens I kepted seeing used on FM, I think the Fuji 56mm 1.2? Such a beautiful lens!

Are you selling your D300 now?
    Yes, I've got it up on Kijiji and beyond. Trying to get rid of everything so afford the new camera. You interested in it?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Nah I've got a D810 I need to fund somehow lol. Was just curious if you're keeping both or if you decided on renting stuff for your trip.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    rally pig

nice shots ZeroGravity, yeah I think Zeiss is releasing a 16-35 f/4 and 28-135 f/4 the next couple of months, should cost the same as the 24-70 f/4 apparently.

the only thing I'm interested on the A7s is the silent shutter, other than that I'm happy with the A7.
    56mm 1.2 is a great lens, 85mm f/2 FF equivalent.
    I was planning on goin X100s + X-T1 w/ 56mm but got tired waiting and went with Sony instead

My Ride
    2010 GMC Sierra, Rocky ETSX-70

Originally posted by msommers
    Nah I've got a D810 I need to fund somehow lol. Was just curious if you're keeping both or if you decided on renting stuff for your trip.
    Since the trip is a year away, I'll likely rent but I've got time before I get to those crossroads.

That being said, I really want to get the camera before I sell mine. lol, acquisition syndrome.

A 16-35 would be awesome too.

If you are looking for even smaller the new Sony A7R is pretty damn good

I would go for the Sony A7r, but that's just me. Read the review

http://thedigitalcamera.net/sony-a7-vs-a7r/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2