13 15.29%
  • No

72 84.71%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you call it in?

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

Originally posted by The BMW Guy

More like I have video of a dumbass that almost hit another vehicle. Where can I send it off to?
    Youtube.

Originally posted by firebane

UH... what?

Its idiotic comments like this that make us smart drivers realize there are far too many bad drivers out there.

I have run red lights lots of times and never had an accident. Not paying attention and being a bad driver and running red lights may cause accidents.

Its like saying crossing the street will kill you.. Not really.
    Uh what?

Just how exactly are you managing to run red lights "lots of times"......
    I'm hoping you mean at times and places where there is no other traffic.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by Mista Bob

Uh what?

Just how exactly are you managing to run red lights "lots of times"......
    I'm hoping you mean at times and places where there is no other traffic.
    Precisely.

My Ride
    Z

I just feel dumb sitting at a residential intersection at like 4:30am on my way to the airport with good sightlines waiting for the light to change. I'll treat it like a 4 way stop at that point and stop, look both ways, proceed sort of deal.
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Pretty minor IMO. The other day I was going South on the Symons Valley ramp, heading onto Stoney E. After the turn the right lane closes and this bozo in a Mazda 3 decided he will try to cut in front of me when there were 10 car lengths behind me. Dude was driving in the shoulder lane and finally when we got onto Stoney he passes me and was going 140km+. He gave me the finger. I was tempted for a while but decided not to chase. Now if I had that video I would have called it in. Police would not know how fast I was going but they would see the dangerous driving. And I could have phoned and reported the guy going 140+ going Stoney E.

Originally posted by Nismorphed
    I wouldn't want to be like Robert Yost the Airdrie snitch that news just posted
    the same guy that nearly caused me to write off my car because he was hanging over the side of the calfrobe bridge trying to hang a fucking canada dash cam sign. god damn fucking idiot

Guys a snitch, just because he has video and a camera Lots of people runs red lights and it happens even to the best of us, maybe it was an emergency, what would you do?

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

After seeing the video, its pretty damn weak for sure. Very minor.

Video here:
    http://globalnews.ca/news/1483305/dr...n-bad-drivers/
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    '18 Murano

LOL no, I wouldn't report that, and certainly wouldn't go on television admitting it. What a douche! Wonder if he'll get a visit from the van driver....

I'd report someone obviously drunk, or a hit and run, but a minor speeder or red light runner, nah.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Originally posted by Nismorphed
    I wouldn't want to be like Robert Yost the Airdrie snitch that news just posted
    He's the same douchebag who removed his last name from the oops a daisy dog boarding website when they got in trouble a while ago (he's a board member/webmaster there)

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-12-2020 at 10:34 PM.

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

Would toss it up on YT and post it to car cam drivers thread, aside from that too much work!!

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Originally posted by jaeden
    If I'm him I do, and then go right to the news as well. Great way to promote your dashcam business!
    That's exactly what my mom said when she saw the story on the news, said he was just advertising for the dashcam.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

He'll probably get more hate-mail than orders.

Originally posted by GTS4tw

So what would you say? "I would like to report an accident that almost happened!"

Originally posted by The BMW Guy

More like I have video of a dumbass that almost hit another vehicle. Where can I send it off to?
    So, the answer to GTS4tw's question then is....."YES"?

I'm sure even the cops are loving stupid snitch reports about all the "almosts" out there. A pile of paperwork just to tell someone "you shouldn't have done that".

I watched a flatdeck semi almost smoke an oncoming car turning left in front of him, because the flatdeck went right through the red light. Probably not paying attention...I dunno. I just shook my head and thought "wow, what an idiot..that was close", and I carried on my in my own business. I'm sure the semi driver knew it...I'm sure he didn't plan it. Is reporting him so he gets a ticket a solution? No.

Now if there was an accident, damn rights I would turn him in. I'd also stop and render assistance, give my name and number, turn over any video evidence.

But if every single driver reported every single "almost" accident and stupid maneuvers...good God...talk about wasting tax payers money.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Originally posted by The_Penguin
    You mean I can contact this guy directly?

How do I do it?

EDIT: Nevermind! Found it!

http://www.calgarydashcam.com/#!contact-us/c1wvd
    Last edited by 16hypen3sp; 07-30-2014 at 10:27 PM.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Originally posted by The_Penguin
    Yup. It looks that way. A viewer posted this on our website (www.canadadashcam.com) after the segment aired; obviously Mr. Joe Blow got the wrong website

Contact Form Submission:

Name: Joe Blow
    Email: [email protected]
    Phone: 780-333-2132
    Body: Hey asshole what makes you such a great driver. You are probably one of those retards that merge onto highways at 60 km an hr. and cause all the carnage at the overpasses. You have no right to give the police a video of someone else driving through a red light I bet you have never went through a red right hot shot. Your a fricken jerk. Get a life.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Originally posted by Jro

Yup. It looks that way. A viewer posted this on our website (www.canadadashcam.com) after the segment aired; obviously Mr. Joe Blow got the wrong website

Contact Form Submission:

Name: Joe Blow
    Email: [email protected]
    Phone: 780-333-2132
    Body: Hey asshole what makes you such a great driver. You are probably one of those retards that merge onto highways at 60 km an hr. and cause all the carnage at the overpasses. You have no right to give the police a video of someone else driving through a red light I bet you have never went through a red right hot shot. Your a fricken jerk. Get a life.
    Shit man... that kind of sucks that it was sent to you instead of the proper person.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Originally posted by 16hypen3sp

Shit man... that kind of sucks that it was sent to you instead of the proper person.
    Don't you worry, I forwarded it on to Mr. Yost

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Originally posted by firebane

UH... what?

Its idiotic comments like this that make us smart drivers realize there are far too many bad drivers out there.

I have run red lights lots of times and never had an accident. Not paying attention and being a bad driver and running red lights may cause accidents.

Its like saying crossing the street will kill you.. Not really.
    So.....saying that running red lights is a dumb idea makes me a bad driver and you a good one?

I have a laser jammer, cock-blocked a lot of speed traps and enjoy driving at an efficient pace...and your comment is easily the stupidest driving related comment I have ever seen on beyond.

I think you are confusing "smart driver" with "impatient prick".

An impatient prick damn near killed a good friend of mine at an empty intersection years ago. Just the prick and my buddy's black ninja. Prick got impatient.

Doing what is not expected by other drivers causes accidents. People expect others not to run red lights. I'm sure anyone who rides a bike would love it if you did not make half-assed assumptions at a glance about who is around you at an intersection.

Its best if you simply don't get in the habit of running red lights as per your own judgement. Makes you predictable. And because I'm likely coming at my green light at a fair clip in a blacked out car I would appreciate it if you sat the fuck still and obeyed the light thank you.
    Last edited by frizzlefry; 07-30-2014 at 11:33 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast