My Ride
    Indian Scout

Default Canada Post Sucks

YYC bound commercial package:

1. Departs Thailand on July 16th
    2. Arrives in Richmond, BC July 22nd
    3. Released by customs on July 23rd
    4. Falls into Canada Post abyss

As of today, August 6th, it has not been delivered. Took 6 days to travel from Thailand to Richmond, including a weekend in-between. Has now taken more than double that time to move one province over.

No wonder they can't turn a profit if they can't figure out how to capitalize on residential delivery and this is how they treat their business customers.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Thought someone was bumping Mar's thread, lol.

Yes, yes they do. They lost my torque converter IN customs for almost 2 months before it magically appeared on my doorstep. Fortunately I had bought a beater to drive around in, while I was fixing the car.
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 08-06-2014 at 04:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Try shipping with UPS and oh dear god everyone else will seem awesome. I usually find Canada Post does a better job than most other places.

Sadly all companies are pretty awful and Canada post seems to be the least of the evils
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by mazdavirgin
    Try shipping with UPS and oh dear god everyone else will seem awesome. I usually find Canada Post does a better job than most other places.
    Sure and get nailed with custom fees and pay even more.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    Thought someone was bumping Mar's thread, lol.

Yes, yes they do. They lost my torque converter IN customs for almost 2 months before it magically appeared on my doorstep. Fortunately I had bought a beater to drive around in, while I was fixing the car.
    My thread is about Canada Post not giving a fuck, not that they suck.
    I had them hold my mail 2 years ago while I went on vacation......I still haven't received any of that mail. It's gone.

I buy Transformers constantly so my most recent one was a Friday where the tracking was posted as "out for delivery" and the expected delivery date was 4 days later. Then the status changed to "delivered" and the expected delivery date finally changed with it. Then when I received it I got a nice note from customs notifying me they opened the package to inspect it but when I opened the box, I noticed they never opened the 2 Transformers boxes inside of it, they were still sealed. So.........you opened the box to check for bombs....but you couldn't be bothered to check the 2 boxes inside? Makes no sense.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

Originally posted by Mar
    Then the status changed to "delivered" and the expected delivery date finally changed with it. Then when I received it I got a nice note from customs notifying me they opened the package to inspect it but when I opened the box, I noticed they never opened the 2 Transformers boxes inside of it, they were still sealed. So.........you opened the box to check for bombs....but you couldn't be bothered to check the 2 boxes inside? Makes no sense.
    I would like to point out they are not checking for bombs but simply customs compliance. If they were checking for bombs that would be done via x-ray/imaging... They open the parcel to make sure neither you nor the shipper was lying about what was being imported.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

I agree completely, here is my CALGARY bound package:

Today they bumped the estimated date out to the 12th, still says it's going to Surrey. I called them up and they basically said yeah there is a sorting error, yeah somebody actually read it once and got it sent to Calgary but then the computer sent it back to Richmond and they won't do that twice. It's coded incorrectly and all they can do now is return it to sender. I can contact the seller (EBay from the far east) and have them open a ticket but that will probably be too late.

Fucking useless. I can't ask them to go and read the box and sort it properly?
    They can't even get it delivered properly even after reading the box?
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    TDI

Just had to deal with Canada Post's stupidity.

-Missed a package, got sent to the post office. This is after the previous day when I was home I nearly missed a package because the guy lightly tapped on my door. No doorbell. I caught him 10 seconds later as he was walking away after putting the pre filled in delivery notice in my mailbox. WTF?

-Went to the post office the next day, they said they don't have it, check back tomorrow.

-Went the next day, said they still don't have it, must still be on the truck (after 2 days?!), check back tomorrow.

-Called the next day, said they don't have it, suggest I call Canada Post customer service.

-Called customer service, they say it's at the post office. I explain they say it's not the guy says, well it should be. I say then what do we do about a lost package. He said it's not lost it's at the post office, but if I want to file I claim the shipper needs to do it (like a chinese ebay seller gives a crap) - at least I paid by Paypal.

-Finally went back to the post office a week after initial delivery attempt, they say it's not there. I ask them to please look in the back. She says okay but I can assure you it's not here. Comes back 10 seconds later with the package in her hand.

Blindly trusting your tracking system when someone is telling you that it SHOULD be there is beyond idiotic. But they don't fucking care.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-04-2019 at 12:06 PM.

My Ride
    G37, Gsxr600

^^ Prob will never happen.. To many rednecks with shotguns.

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

Originally posted by megavolt
    Just had to deal with Canada Post's stupidity.

-Missed a package, got sent to the post office. This is after the previous day when I was home I nearly missed a package because the guy lightly tapped on my door. No doorbell. I caught him 10 seconds later as he was walking away after putting the pre filled in delivery notice in my mailbox. WTF?
    This is really the only issue I've had with Canada Post up to this time.

Sure, maybe they only hire people who are antisocial and are terrified of talking to people, but goddamn it's your job to deliver packages. There has been multiple times where there's a very light (usually none at all) knock at the door (the doorbell works too people!) and then a 'you're not home' notification. There's usually someone home at my place all day, so there's no excuse for packages not to be delivered. It's a pain in the ass when you want something for that evening and you have to wait till the next afternoon to get it.

Aside from that I haven't really had problems like you guys are mentioning, perhaps I'm just lucky and should not jinx it lol.

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

My Ride
    Torqueless wonder!

Somewhere between 50-100% of my Canada Post packages get sent to some other house, I suspect with the same house number and postal code but a different street. The people are nice enough to drop it off at our house though, lol. Lettermail and packages from every other shipper arrive just fine. Canada Post map system sucks, or the employees are just lazy and drop packages off at the first house number they see without confirming?

Usually they just leave the package at the other house, but with our last package they instead left a note for pickup. Well, the people are rarely home so it wasn't picked up in time, as the post offices only hold the package for about a week. It eventually got shipped back to the US after a couple months, during all this time Canada Post tracking/customer service had no idea where it was and claimed no responsibility.

We've complained about it a few times, but the issue never seemed to get fixed. After the last incident, we just ship Canada Post packages to the inlaws. At least they can get that right.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    I am seriously looking forward to the fleet of flying Amazon drones that will replace the mail system, haha
    Originally posted by OneGreasyHobo
    ^^ Prob will never happen.. To many rednecks with shotguns.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    I am seriously looking forward to the fleet of flying Amazon drones that will replace the mail system, haha
    You really want to see hundreds of drones flying over your house every day? Especially when advertising companies realize they can attached speakers to them, and have them belt out commercials all day long?

Fuck that.

My Ride
    TDI

Originally posted by DeleriousZ
    There has been multiple times where there's a very light (usually none at all) knock at the door (the doorbell works too people!) and then a 'you're not home' notification. There's usually someone home at my place all day, so there's no excuse for packages not to be delivered. It's a pain in the ass when you want something for that evening and you have to wait till the next afternoon to get it.
    Ya my door was open, just the screen door. I was OBVIOUSLY home. While I understand they don't want to wait there for 5 minutes while you finish a shower or something at least ring the f''n doorbell.

My Ride
    Hybrid

I guess I've been pretty lucky in my dealings with Canada Post. In fact, I was impressed this week when I received my shipment of "tablets" from "Drug Pony" in Japan in 7 days.

Thought for sure that package would get raped by customs.

I find UPS much worse for the ninja drop... and then you have to drive all the way up to the depot to pick it up the next day.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

Just a heads up. The Postal Outlets are managed and run by the store they're in. Employees there are paid by the store they are in and are not really affiliated with Canada Post.

I can say, there's some good postal outlet employees and bad ones. If you have a bad one that doesn't know what they're doing, they get the immediate customer helped but really they can cause major issues down the line with a parcel going out or even a parcel coming in if not logged in correctly.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Originally posted by mr2mike
    If you have a bad one that doesn't know what they're doing,
    Older asian lady @ 52nd Street Shoppers

Fucking useless. I can't ask them to go and read the box and sort it properly?
    They can't even get it delivered properly even after reading the box? [/B]
    they have some new automated sorting machine developed in europe up and running at the new plant in richmond. It must not be working properly because my cousin has been working on it. I apologize for his incompetence.

My package is stuck in richmond too, wtf!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast