Quantcast
Canada Post Sucks - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Canada Post Sucks

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Originally posted by djmr2

they have some new automated sorting machine developed in europe up and running at the new plant in richmond. It must not be working properly because my cousin has been working on it. I apologize for his incompetence.

My package is stuck in richmond too, wtf!
    Haha I was so mad because they mis-sorted it, then got it back, read the box, sent it to Calgary then the guys here decided that it was in the wrong place and sent it back. After they sent it back it sat there for some days until I called Canada Post, who told me only the sender can open an investigation and that it was flagged as unroutable due to an address error and would be returned to sender shortly.

I tried contacting the seller but since it was DX it was utterly hopeless. Somehow after a couple days it suddenly went to Calgary again and was sent out for delivery right away, I got it friday. No surprise at all, my address is on there clear as day, perfectly legible with no mistakes.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Update:

It's now been three weeks that my package has been in Richmond. I was on the phone with them today and was advised that my parcel was "hand-sorted" so it appears that the automated sorting machine was not the issue.

When told that the package has been in Richmond for 3 weeks and hasn't moved, the CSR told me that I need to contact Thailand Post to have them initiate an investigation since the package is still under their jurisdiction since it hasn't arrived at the destination in their guaranteed time frame. I advised her that Thailand Post delivered my parcel to Canada within 6 days, while Canada Post has been "processing" it for three weeks so the issue is clearly Canada Post.

Shortly afterward, I received an email containing this little gem:

So it'll be another 3.5 weeks until they expect to resolve the issue. Nice work, Canada Post; good to know that your crack team of investigators is on it!

Thailand Post: 6 days to Canada
    Canada Post: 60 days in Canada
    There are some things money can't buy. For the one's that can't be delivered, there's Canada Post.

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

Still waiting for my copy of Destiny to arrive... I hate Canada post.

Preordered a year ago from futureshop... Canada post somehow sends it from Richmond... To Richmond... To Victoria.

Wtf......

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by yellowsnow
    Still waiting for my copy of Destiny to arrive... I hate Canada post.

Preordered a year ago from futureshop... Canada post somehow sends it from Richmond... To Richmond... To Victoria.

Wtf......

The supplier of your product is in Richmond. They called CP and they picked it up.

Depending on the shipping method it then left Richmond and went to Victoria.

Not out of the ordinary there.

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

Originally posted by firebane

The supplier of your product is in Richmond. They called CP and they picked it up.

Depending on the shipping method it then left Richmond and went to Victoria.

Not out of the ordinary there.
    Right... nothing to see here.. expected delivery was Sept 9... Sept 18 is not out of the ordinary. you're right.

My Ride
    '16 Tacoma TRD Sport

Originally posted by yellowsnow

Right... nothing to see here.. expected delivery was Sept 9... Sept 18 is not out of the ordinary. you're right.
    What I don't get is why you would pre-order for it to be delivered, when you can pre-order and pick it up in store.

Are you really that lazy?

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Jesus... this thread makes me scared. I'm considering an $700 purchase and the product is in Italy. I don't want CP to mess that one up.

In total, I have had about 12 things shipped from out of the country. I have never once had an issue. Although an item from China seemed to take a little while in Richmond once.

Only had to pay customs fees once so far.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Canada Post has only ever lost one of my packages and were pretty up-front about it when they did. UPS? They lost three of my packages in the past two months and had delivery problem with two others in that same time.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default Re: Canada Post Sucks

Originally posted by Isaiah
    No wonder they can't turn a profit if they can't figure out how to capitalize on residential delivery and this is how they treat their business customers.
    Interestingly enough, Canada Post posted a profit in Q2 this year.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Strange, I buy/ship things on a near-weekly basis from all over the world and I never had multiple issues with CP or any of the other major shippers.

I DO have a sign right by my front door that says "CANADA POST - SAFE DROP LOCATION" .... as well as a SNR tag from UPS/DHL/FEDEX/PUROLATOR .... since my entrance is covered and secluded.

Default Re: Re: Canada Post Sucks

Originally posted by rage2

Interestingly enough, Canada Post posted a profit in Q2 this year.
    No real surprise.

Parcel volume has gone up lately and they have been steadily increasing their rates. Standard letter mail is also getting a boost from the domestic stamps being $1 now.

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

Originally posted by takkyu

What I don't get is why you would pre-order for it to be delivered, when you can pre-order and pick it up in store.

Are you really that lazy?
    i rather not going to the store yes. i'd rather buy everything digitally. you don't buy anything online? lol

the item is back in richmond now. lol.

ended up just buying the game digitally. i'm going to sell privately and have someone come to my home and pick it up and lose a few bucks than go to the store. Yes I'm that lazy!

Ordered a belt buckle online from the states in February with a shipping quote of 2 weeks max. After USPS handed it over to Canada Post it disappeared somewhere in their system. Had to wait 45-days to claim that it was "lost", and never delivered. Got my money back - gave up on the parcel - ordered a new one.

Fast forward 7 months to this week... I get a parcel in the mail. Not having remembered ordering anything, I'm pretty excited. For some reason the envelope looks brand new, but there are two of each source and destination labels, one pair brand new, the other pair barely readable (they looked burnt, greasy, faded, oily). I flip over the parcel and see an "apology" sticker on the back from Canada post saying that my item was lost and then found somewhere in their mail delivery system - but that it had sustained significant damage - hence the re-packaging. No other information aside from an apology - obviously a non-insured shipment. I open up the parcel and am amazed by what I find inside. A shredded, greasy, oily and burnt original packing/invoice from the company I originally bought the buckle from, and the buckle itself - only it's greasy, burnt, bent, mangled, squished, and otherwise destroyed.

I can only assume that a sorting machine "ate" my parcel en-route to Calgary, and it either lived inside the machine for 7 months, or the dirtiest, greasiest truck in the fleet continually drove over my parcel for the past 7 months before continuing on it's way.

So if someone had something that they were waiting for and it was delayed in the past 7 months, sorry, it could've been my parcel that plugged up the machine and delayed your delivery. Why didn't they just throw the damn thing in the garbage after seeing its condition?

My Ride
    Grimace

A guy at work and I ordered knives from mass drop that shipped same day from new york but his made it into central canada while mine went to quebec. His was here yesterday and mine is coming on monday

Spoke too soon. Arrived friday night and was processed. Was processed again this morning at 3am and will be delivery by tomorrow
    Last edited by schocker; 09-22-2014 at 09:48 AM.

My Ride
    G37X

Canada Post - what a joke for customer service. I ordered touch up paint from USA that apparently was "successfully delivered" @ 1240 on Oct.30th to my condo. Nothing in my mail box, no pick up slip anywhere. I call Canada Post at 6 PM that night. They tell me that it's normal for the drivers to scan all packages when they start their shift and mark them as "delivered" before they actually..deliver them. She said they have until 8 PM to actually deliver the packages to residential addresses. I check the box at 8 yesterday..nothing.

I call Canada Post this afternoon. They say that I have to file a dispute with the shipper. How does that even make sense? If Canada Post claims they delivered it that's probably going to be enough proof for the seller that they did and I'm making up a story. I've sent the shipper an email. I've let them know that I'll be forced to file a paypal dispute if I get the run around from them. What a pain in the ass to get ahold of someone on the Canada Post phone number. It's all tele prompt quebec - robot. Terrible service..I wonder if the postman put it in the wrong box or just kept it lol.

My Ride
    Has AWD

Pfff they left my intake on my doorstep, and not a cheep intake either. Worth $400 fucking dollars and it was casually left on the doorstep. Never using Canada Post ever again.

My Ride
    G37X

^unbelievable. They sure have a lot of bad apples. I've met a few good ones. Most of the ones I see at work are bitter and just want to get in and out as fast as possible. Dumping parcels in a "safe" area and leaving mail doors unlocked. As if laser red touch up paint is useful to whomever got it assuming the postie "safe dropped" it in the vestibule.

My Ride
    e60 550i

I ordered from shrimpfever.ca in ON. Expedited parcel. They picked it up, it got lost. Filed a claim couple weeks ago. Brb have to wait 90 days before they reimburse the value of the package. They have no idea where it is, it hasn't been scanned since Sept 30, but according to them it could still show up anytime at my door. Just LOL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2