Quantcast
Anybody taken their kids to disneyworld before? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Anybody taken their kids to disneyworld before?

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Default Anybody taken their kids to disneyworld before?

How did you find it?

We are thinking of taking our soon to be 2 year old there for halloween. Looks like if you stay on resort you are shelling out a small fortune for food though.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Considered Disneyland? While smaller its much closer and i have been there tons of times (even as an adult). Always a fantastic vacation. Try to go off season as it gets super busy.

2 year old wouldn't ever notice the difference between the 2 parks anyhow.

Disneyland is the original btw.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

There's way more walking in Florida parks than in Anaheim parks.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I would not take a 2 year old to a theme park period.

Too much walking and the little one won't remember a thing.

Friends of mine took their 6 month old a few years back.

I couldn't understand why as the kid would not appreciate / understand a thing.

Lots of pictures of them holding a sleeping baby next to Minnie, Mickey, Goofy etc...

I can't imagine it being very different with a 2 year old...

Wait until they are 6 - 7 when they will actually know what is happening.
    2011 Ram 1500 QC Sport
    2017 Jeep Cherokee Limited

Were there just this May, two kids, 5 and 3, honestly with a 2 yr old, there isn't much the kid can do, he/she can't go on most of the rides cause of the height requirement.

Go Anaheim, don't bother Florida, cause you gonna spend most of the time looking for bathroom to change diapers, sit down for a break, or a nap for the kid.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Lol kids already potty trained hazah.

I think orlando is more for my wife and i than the kid but i think you are right. at 32 inches theres probably not alot of rides.

We already went to disneyland in 2009. Im not a big ride guy myself and I hate waiting in lines.

We are really just looking for a place to go somewhere for a week before we have to pay money to fly her places.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by nzwasp
    Lol kids already potty trained hazah.

I think orlando is more for my wife and i than the kid but i think you are right. at 32 inches theres probably not alot of rides.

We already went to disneyland in 2009. Im not a big ride guy myself and I hate waiting in lines.

We are really just looking for a place to go somewhere for a week before we have to pay money to fly her places.
    Never been to Disneyland but went to Disneyworld last year, and my buddy who has been to both said that the major rides are pretty much the same. Disneyworld is massive, with multiple parks, need at LEAST 3 days to get to see most of it and go on most rides, for 4 adults, I can't imagine going there with a kid. Seems like such a waste, especially with someone who won't know anything about it anyways as they likely won't remember. Is Disneyworld for you and your wife's enjoyment as well, or mostly for the kid? If you don't care about Disneyworld, I would skip it and do something else in Florida if you want to head that way anyways. Also prepare to spend half your day waiting in lines...like always. We went in Feb of 2013 Monday through Wednesday and it was so busy, weekends I would assume are simply impossible. There have been reports of people faking disabilities or taking a random disabled person to the park just to get in front of the lines....it's that retarded. I don't recall the name of the system, but you can come in and get a queue ticket early, and then come back at a pre determined time, that's really the only way to go to most of the rides, or you can shell out for the super expensive front of the line tickets I believe as well
    Last edited by eblend; 08-08-2014 at 03:59 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by nzwasp
    So the vacation is for you 2, not her.

1. Don't bother with Florida in summer, too hot.

2. Focus on what you 2 want, nobody remembers where they've been at 2 or 3 years old. Wait til the Disney propaganda set in, kids will appreciate more at 6-10.

3. I'm sure there will be Star Wars/Marvel theme parks in 3-5 years time.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Disney world is better for Fast Passes. Also, if you stay at the resort, you get a magic band. It is hooked to your credit card so you don't have to carry your wallet for anything. It opens your room too.

We went in early June. Hot as fuck. Kid was 3. He enjoyed it. We took him to Disneyland at 2.5 and it took him 3 days to get into it. Every kid is different.

People say that Disney World is cheaper. Fuck no. Everything is far. Rent a car and don't bother with buses.

We took our son to Disneyland just before he turned 2. He loved it. He knew all the characters names and wanted to wait in line especially for Mickey. He couldn't get enough of the parade.

For those who say what is the point they won't remember anything then you might as well not do anything with your kid until they turn 5 or 6. I remember and I loved the look on his face while he experienced everything there. It's all about experiences when they are younger and by 2 he had a ton of fun and talked about it for a long time afterwards. At 6 months baby wouldn't be doing much but maybe people go for themselves as well. My wife loves Disney and would definitely go even without the kids.

I actually liked the fact that he couldn't go on all the rides. All the smaller rides seem to not have as much a line up so he was able to go on pretty much everything he was tall enough for.

Disneyworld is definitely a lot larger but with a stroller you will be the one doing all the walking.

We had a great time with our almost 2 year old when we went to Disneyland and so did he.

If you stay on the resort in Disneyworld it will be quite expensive but very convenient. My friends did it with there kids when they were 3 and 5 and they said they loved it. Didn't leave the park all week and took the train to all the parks and what not.
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Did Calgary have a riot in 2004?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Just boobs. That's how we party.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Originally posted by Xtrema

So the vacation is for you 2, not her.

1. Don't bother with Florida in summer, too hot.

2. Focus on what you 2 want, nobody remembers where they've been at 2 or 3 years old. Wait til the Disney propaganda set in, kids will appreciate more at 6-10.

3. I'm sure there will be Star Wars/Marvel theme parks in 3-5 years time.
    Going there in late october.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

Disneyland is way better if your bringing kids. Universal Florida does have the Harry Potter park which is pretty awesome.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Disneyworld is a trek. 4 major parks and a lot of walking.

I wad just there and visited Epcot. So many kids; I wanted to punt them.

The heat bites through right now and IMO, Disneyland is better and more manageable.