Quantcast
Silent Hill / P.T. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Silent Hill / P.T.

My Ride
    Horse

Default Silent Hill / P.T.

Anyone played the free teaser on PSN yet? I don't have a PS4 but I was watching my friend play it and

I hate this game. Scary as shit. There's multiple ways to progress through the teaser so it doesn't get stale but holy hell it makes Outlast look like My Little Pony.

Here is a playthrough of the first part.

Unfortunately we couldn't solve the puzzle at the end and quit after a while but apparently people have done that now.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I haven't played any of the silent hill or resident evil games.

I don't handle horror / scary shit well. Someone usually gets punched.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Horse

Same with me but this game was different. I was so scared I wanted to know what came next. Usually I just watch through my fingers, this I plaid with a tightened sphincter.

This video is actually hilarious and the only cliche jump scare is at 13:40.
    Last edited by xnvy; 08-15-2014 at 06:04 PM.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Yeah I saw a live stream of someone playing it, nope x1000, the person in the hallway, the person looking over the railing, all nope nope.

I've played and watched this 10 times over, the most awesome part is the ending and the fact that every player I've watched and my own experience, I've not seen the same steps required for each time.

It's randomised for every person/playthrough and the steps person A takes are completely different for person B and person C.

This is their playable teaser for the new silent hills game, Kojima stated that the graphics are lower quality than actuality also. I believe this is just a preview of their new game engine they developed for the new silent hill game. Scary as shit, and hard as shit to get through. I've watched countless people not be able to get through it.

My Ride
    Horse

Yeah, my friend and I got through it today. Completely different from the youtube videos we watched for hints and stuff. For example, for us the jump scare with the crazy Harlem Shake Lady happened right off the bat for us, when we first walked out of the room. I haven't seen it happen that early for anyone else. We also never got the girl in the bathroom or the stare-down from the balcony but we did get tons of red shit and all the pictures turned to eyes. Creepy as hell but so fun haha.

Originally posted by xnvy
    Yeah, my friend and I got through it today. Completely different from the youtube videos we watched for hints and stuff. For example, for us the jump scare with the crazy Harlem Shake Lady happened right off the bat for us when we first walked out of the room. I haven't seen it happen that early for anyone else. We also never got the girl in the bathroom or the stare-down from the balcony but we did get tons of red shit and all the pictures turned to eyes. Creepy as hell but so fun haha.
    I watched my brothers friends play it on stream last night, the lady showed up in the hallways only once, meanwhile when I played, she spooked me literally every time I turned around. Now I'm wondering, is this going to be like that RING movie, where anyone who plays dies in 10 days or something lol

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Yep I just watched this guy try to figure it out, something about getting the baby to cry twice? Either way, really cool game with Norman Reedus in it too lol, but Idk if I could commit to playing this game yet

Fml:
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

My Ride
    Horse

Here's another screenshot

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Fuuuck this almost makes me want to buy a PS4 even though I'm more of an Xbox fan (still on the fence on which to buy lol)
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Horse

Well P.T. is just a playable teaser for Silent Hills and there are rumours the full game could be a multi-platform. The final game will probably be in 3rd person too based on the rest of the series I'm told. I doubt P.T. will be available on anything else though. I wouldn't choose a PS4 over and XBOne for P.T. though. I would simply because of Naughty Dog or Silent Hills but now I'm going OT.

My Ride
    ep3

Words from Kojima -
    "He went on to explain that there is a danger with making a game that is too scary. For a scary movie or a frightening amusement park ride, people can just close their eyes and wait until it ends. But in the context of games, people will stop playing if they are too scared; but Kojima isn't concerned about this.
    That being said...this game looks scary as shit! can't wait.

My Ride
    old Toyotas

Silent Hill games were always the scariest games for me. I played them all till Silent Hill 4.

That walkthrough looked scary as hell. Glad Kojima is doing it cause the series went downhill after 4.