Quantcast
Disneyland on a dime? possible? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Disneyland on a dime? possible?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by kenny

Get a Verizon or AT&T one if you can. Stupid T-Mobile
    The only problem is their shitty pay as you go plans. Tmobile has the cheapest plans. I think AT&T is minimum $50 for 5GB for 1 month.

Originally posted by spikerS

Sadly, this is pretty much the entire reason we are going. FML.

2 Daughters aged 5 and 9, both in love with the Disney Princesses, I figure the rides and such are a close second, but we made the mistake of mentioning this a few days ago....

Now.
    They.
    Just.
    Won't.
    Shut.
    Up.
    About.

it.

Better not mention the Bippity Boppity Boutique to them then, especially if you value your money. Not like it really matters they'll see other girls walking around with it done and you'll be screwed. Disney are masters of milking every dime out of you and making you smile while doing it. Kind of like the gift shop after every ride you're forced to go through. I'm a big Disneyworld fan regardless, we went every year before our kids and we still go every year with them. Like others have said, they know how to do the experience better than anyone. Happy you are deciding to go with your family, just try to enjoy the experience with your kids, you really can't put a price on those things.

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

^^^thank god I have a boy! That boutique is deadly! I just get a hat, shirt and toy and he's all good! But mind you I got robbed by that new RC shop at DL downtown. Build your own RC car for $39.00. After all the upgrades it ended up to $100. Of course I can't back out since my son was already excited building the damn thing!

My Ride
    2009 F150 Lariat supercrew

heres what we are planning to do once our sons older... we are gunna drive to california with the trailer spend the travel nights in walmart parking lots as its free and then camp somewhere near the park im sure the camp fees are less then hotels and condos and then do as suggested and pack lunches and such..... thats why we bought a trailer though is to use it for traveling as well as camping around here... just a thought and it may be worth looking into depending of course when you plan to go as winter isnt great to be towing your camper....
    2009 Ford f150 Lariat crewcab-mine
    2003 chevy venture-wifes
    1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee-31's,2inch lift,cb 362,000kms and running great!

1996 Pontiac Grand Am GT- 18's, Body Kit, system SOLD
    2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac-Family Hauler SOLD
    1996 Volvo 850 turbo-SOLD

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by 96GrandAMGT
    heres what we are planning to do once our sons older... we are gunna drive to california with the trailer spend the travel nights in walmart parking lots as its free and then camp somewhere near the park im sure the camp fees are less then hotels and condos and then do as suggested and pack lunches and such..... thats why we bought a trailer though is to use it for traveling as well as camping around here... just a thought and it may be worth looking into depending of course when you plan to go as winter isnt great to be towing your camper....
    I thought about that too. In the end I decided I would rather fly. That is a long drive for the girls to be couped up in the back of the truck. It might be an idea if we were able to plan fun stops every 5 hours or so on the way down and back, but then that dramatically increases travel time.

Not to mention fuel economy while pulling.

In this case, I think it would just be a lot easier and less hassle to fly. actually been finding some nice condos near the park for pretty cheap, so with that, we probably won't even need to rent a car unless we decide to take a day and go to a beach.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Originally posted by DENZILDON
    ^^^thank god I have a boy! That boutique is deadly! I just get a hat, shirt and toy and he's all good! But mind you I got robbed by that new RC shop at DL downtown. Build your own RC car for $39.00. After all the upgrades it ended up to $100. Of course I can't back out since my son was already excited building the damn thing!
    Haha, that RC place is crazy too. Don't worry Disney has realized the money they are leaving on the table with the boys as well. It's only permanent in DW right now but they have the Pirates League in MK, same thing for boys. I know they have done temp locations in DL for special occasions but it's only a matter of time its permanent if it becomes popular.

My Ride
    Horse

To further the drive to great falls for flights.

Allegiant Air

Great Falls, MT (GTF)
    — to —
    Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
    Depart: Mon Aug 25, 2014
    Return: Mon Sep 08, 2014
    4 Travelers
    Roundtrip
    New Search
    Trip Price

Flights $321.48
    Debit Card Discount (-$32.00)
    Taxes, carrier charges & gov't fees $214.52
    Total Debit Card Price $504.00
    Total Credit Card Price $536.00
    Only issue is when they take the bookings as they do not go very far into the future.

Edit: not far into the future since they are only booking summer flights for this year I guess, Then again if they continue that still gives you the option of september ish
    Last edited by MrSector9; 08-17-2014 at 09:32 AM.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Ya, I built some crazy ass shit with Lego as a kid. I had a thing for AMC Eagle AWD's as a kid for some bizarre reason, so I spent a lot of time going to the library and reading up on how AWD works in that car. I even hitchhiked to the library once cuz my parents were too lazy to drive me haha. Ya, I'm a nerd.

Originally posted by benyl
    Disney regard working for them as a priveledge. People line up to work there even though the pay is shit. The people that work there are awesome.
    Yeah my sister's friend works there, gets paid around $13/hr, she LOVES it (she's over 30, and it's her career now). The best part is she talks like a hypnotized cultist when she describes her job.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by MrSector9
    To further the drive to great falls for flights.

Allegiant Air

Only issue is when they take the bookings as they do not go very far into the future.
    Why bother when same flight from Calgary with AC is under $400 all in.

Edit: nvm, that's for 4 travelers. Wow.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4