Quantcast
Are you happy you had kids? - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you happy you had kids?

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Mibz
    The most fucked up thing is this thread is the thought that heavyD is over 40.
    Time flies I'm afraid. Feels like I was 23 only a few years ago.

Didn't read through all the pages, but the best part for me was seeing a replica of me in my son and his enthusiasm growing up. Not only that, I get to change things for the better by allowing him to have things I never experienced when I was young. My son is 3 years old and I was amazed when he brought memories of trips we took when he was a lot younger and the fun part was Me trying to remember too. After you remember, you chuckle to yourself and kind of shake your head.
    We never planned to have kids till a little later but it happened by coincidence, thank goodness though. Because I can't imagine coming home and not seeing him.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by Pacman
    However, when I come home after a hard day of work and this is waiting for me........it almost makes me want to cancel my appointment for a vasectomy.
    And yet, the only pictures you posted were of your girl crying!

On another note, with immigration and the spread of Islam, in maybe 20 years Canada and it's main religion right now will be overtaken by Islamic beliefs. This is due to us having on average 1.6 or so kids and Islamic families having 7.~kids per family. I know having kids is your choice but how do you safeguard yourself and your beliefs when later down the road you are the minority to Islamic culture. It's already happening in Europe, even in the stronghold of Germany. So, I hope you guys get the bigger picture.
    Last edited by syb65; 08-19-2014 at 10:46 PM.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^ Yeah thats it, lets go blow $700k (a Canadian average) to raise EACH kid for fear of Islam, brilliant logic.

Originally posted by Xtrema

That's a major influence of why people have kids. Because if you don't, you will be isolated from your family and friends that do. Eventually, you won't be included in their circle and have to make new friends that made the same choice as you.
    Lol, fine by me. plenty of new friends to be had, seriously, Ive met probably two dozen awesome people in the last year that share the same boat as me.... and I couldn't be happier.... Also, if my family is that disenchanted with that HUGE life decision of mine, not going "their way" I dont need them either.

^ I know that last bit sounds cold, but Ive always been completely there for them, no matter what.. Its just how it is. For them to completely revoke me because I dont want to have kids is a pathetic insulting low blow. To which, I dont need to be a part of any further relationship. To me? to be pushed away because having kids doesn't make sense to me, is unacceptable.

Im just absolutely stoked my parents dont ever want grand children, because they sure as fuck aren't getting any.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 08-19-2014 at 10:42 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Originally posted by syb65
    On another note, with immigration and the spread of Islam, in maybe 20 years Canada and it's main religion right now will be overtaken by Islamic beliefs. This is due to us having on average 1.2 or so kids and Islamic families having 6.7 kids per family. I know having kids is your choice but how do you safeguard yourself and your beliefs when later down the road you are the minority to Islamic culture. It's already happening in Europe, even in the stronghold of Germany. So, I hope you guys get the bigger picture.
    lul wut? That came out of nowhere and is really a discussion for another thread
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Interesting read

I'm 46 and my spouse and I are expecting in December, it will be my first child. Always wanted to have children but just haven't found the right woman until now or rather 3 years ago. I know I would have regretted not having any. I also don't believe your life is over once you have a kid it's just drastically different. You can still do things and go places as you should, otherwise your child will live a sheltered life and not experience anything. I look forward to it

Originally posted by 403Gemini

lul wut? That came out of nowhere and is really a discussion for another thread
    Not really. Like I said, having children is a personal choice but what happens when that personal choice will potential affect a nations outcome in the future. I guess what iam saying is having kids is a luxury of some sort now but when does it become a necessity later on.

...YouTube "the rapid spread of Islam"

Is Arash in the house?

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-12-2020 at 10:04 PM.

My Ride
    Hatred

I think I might actually hate the majority of the people on Beyond after this thread.
    -U

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by Unknown303
    I think I might actually hate the majority of the people on Beyond after this thread.
    So.. what's changed?

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

The most fucked up thing is this thread is the thought that heavyD is over 40.
    He must feel young at heart, cause he is still driving a boy-racer. LOL

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Originally posted by Xtrema

IMO, any question on regrets should not be answered for anyone under 55.

People rarely regret 1st year ownership of a new car.

Since most kids show here is under 10, we will revisit this thread in about 10-15 years. That's usually when kids slowly get out of your control.

Even then, I doubt anyone will admit regrets on a forum. Most of the regrets I heard is usually after a couple of beers or after major pissed off by kids event.
    OK...I'm 50 now. My kids are 16 and 14. Yes, there have been times that I say to myself "why the f&ck did I have kids?" I think that is normal to say from time to time. Same thing could be said about getting married. There have been times where I felt my kids getting out of control but they have been getting better lately. I think it is just that they are maturing and are better able to make their decisions and see the consequences of poor decisions.

I have friends that never had kids. Some by choice, some not. I think the point is no matter what you decide to do just own your decision and embrace the lifestyle you choose.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Originally posted by Kloubek

And yet, the only pictures you posted were of your girl crying!
    I'm collecting those pictures for the slide slow at her wedding.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

same thing with my kids.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

Such a polarizing topic. Its so funny to see the parents vs non parents in this thread. Very few fence sitters. people on either side are getting their feelings hurt.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My Ride
    Skateboard

It is not selfish to not have kids.
    It is not selfish to have kids.
    But it is selfish to regret and be unhappy about having kids.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

You should enjoy this...

http://www.reasonsmysoniscrying.com
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    Lol, fine by me. plenty of new friends to be had, seriously, Ive met probably two dozen awesome people in the last year that share the same boat as me.... and I couldn't be happier.... Also, if my family is that disenchanted with that HUGE life decision of mine, not going "their way" I dont need them either.
    I'm not saying your friends will disown you or you will disown them. It's just that you don't have anything in common any more to be around each other often.

Like an Audi guy showing up a BMW meet.

Originally posted by rotten42
    OK...I'm 50 now. My kids are 16 and 14.
    Your next 4-6 years is gonna get interesting.

Originally posted by Unknown303
    Why? I think there is a healthy discussion going on.

Originally posted by R154
    Such a polarizing topic. Its so funny to see the parents vs non parents in this thread. Very few fence sitters. people on either side are getting their feelings hurt.
    Well, despite me pointing it out all the "what ifs", I'm a fence sitter.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 08-20-2014 at 11:24 AM.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by syb65
    On another note, with immigration and the spread of Islam, in maybe 20 years Canada and it's main religion right now will be overtaken by Islamic beliefs. This is due to us having on average 1.6 or so kids and Islamic families having 7.~kids per family. I know having kids is your choice but how do you safeguard yourself and your beliefs when later down the road you are the minority to Islamic culture. It's already happening in Europe, even in the stronghold of Germany. So, I hope you guys get the bigger picture.
    What's wrong with Islam?!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast