Quantcast
2014 Belgian Grand Prix - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Belgian Grand Prix

Default 2014 Belgian Grand Prix

Welcome Back!

Big news this week as Max Verstappen takes JEV's seat at Toro Rosso in 2015 to become the youngest F1 driver at 16.

Rumors are Kamui maybe out of the caterham seat this weekend. Should be interesting to see if Mercedes hits a turning point in their reliability but I'd guess no given that patty Lowe still has his fingers in the pie.

Looks like episodes of wet during practice and qually, leading up to a dry race day.

Max Chilton dropped by Marussia "while contractual issues are resolved." Alexander Rossi takes over.

Andre Lotterer replaces Kamui Kobayashi at Caterham F1.

My Ride
    yata(s)

Originally posted by Kramerica
    Rumors are Kamui maybe out of the caterham seat this weekend. Should be interesting to see if Mercedes hits a turning point in their reliability but I'd guess no given that patty Lowe still has his fingers in the pie.
    Yup, Andre Lotterer taking his spot. And Alexander Rossi taking Chilton's spot for the whole weekend as well.

EDIT: Woops, completely ignored previous post haha apologies

My Ride
    Has AWD

Yay F1 is back

My Ride
    yata(s)

Chilton is back in for the rest of the weekend. Lol

Crazy crash in GP3:

I LOLed at the flight. Then I was like "Oh shit" when it burst into flames.

My Ride
    Horse

Again Lewis struggles to put down a good quali lap when it counts. I think he'll be ahead coming into corner 5 on the first lap tomorrow tho. 2 seconds a lap in qualifying is insane

Originally posted by kdwebber
    Again Lewis struggles to put down a good quali lap when it counts. I think he'll be ahead coming into corner 5 on the first lap tomorrow tho. 2 seconds a lap in qualifying is insane
    Sky had an excellent breakdown of Lewis versus Rosberg's lap. Lewis was taking a more risky traditional racing line which made up for his mistakes while Rosberg was trying to stay off the rubber. They were virtually neck and neck at the final corner but Rosberg turned in earlier.

Lewis has very much been an all or nothing qualifier this season, I think with him starting beside Rosberg we're finally going to get the race we've been waiting for tomorrow.

Originally posted by Kramerica

Sky had an excellent breakdown of Lewis versus Rosberg's lap. Lewis was taking a more risky traditional racing line which made up for his mistakes while Rosberg was trying to stay off the rubber. They were virtually neck and neck at the final corner but Rosberg turned in earlier.

Lewis has very much been an all or nothing qualifier this season, I think with him starting beside Rosberg we're finally going to get the race we've been waiting for tomorrow.
    Lewis said his brake discs were glazed over and he was loosing massive amounts of time in turn 1.

My Ride
    Audi A4, Lawn Boy with Honda GCV160

Nice post-race interview by Nico: A big f___ you to Lewis. Not even going to pretend to play friendly!

Toto Wolff sounded like he just finished having a cry when he was being interviewed after the race

There's almost no leadership at Mercedes at this point. It was mentioned before the race that despite only having one race strategist both sides of the garage were bickering over the number of pit stops to make. Wanted to support Rosberg this year but this + monaco puts me firmly in the Lewis camp.

For everybody banging on about the Prost-Senna rivalry similarities I think this has alot more in common with Mansell-Piquet in 1986/87. Team has a car that dominates the rest of the field. Previously established team leadership (Frank Williams/Ross Brawn) is gone, the team sign an established world champion (Piquet/Hamilton) and the incumbent driver was regarded as an average driver (Mansell/Rosberg) who makes an unexpected challenge for the championship. Lots of frustration on both sides and infighting within the team without a clear leadership structure.

Gonna be a helluva rest of the season.

Mercedes should have retired Lewis way earlier. Those power unit penalties are going to ruin Lewis' chances of making up the deficit. The boos for Nico were well deserved. Lewis' only revenge was the steamer in Nico's face LoL.

KMag sure was scrappy against Alonso and Button, quite a drive from him.
    Glad to see Kimi get a solid result, although Ferrari looked terribly slow out there.
    Happy about the resurgence of RBR and Daniel's win.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Both McLarens in the top 10!

It's fun watching Rosberg go from Britney to full on Schumacher mode. I thought it was a deliberate move on Rosbergs part, but didn't realize how deliberate till I saw Lauda's interview then rewatched the incident. He turned right into the back of Hams car there.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Has AWD

bawhahahahaha rossburg getting boooo'd repeatedly was epic!!! Another well deserved win for Ricardo
    Last edited by MGCM; 08-24-2014 at 05:23 PM.

Originally posted by rage2
    Both McLarens in the top 10!

It's fun watching Rosberg go from Britney to full on Schumacher mode. I thought it was a deliberate move on Rosbergs part, but didn't realize how deliberate till I saw Lauda's interview then rewatched the incident. He turned right into the back of Hams car there.
    K MAG gets a 20 second penalty for the incident with alonso. Demoted to 12th. I bet Jenson won't be complaining

My Ride
    EP3

I can't watch races here in Vietnam (closest I can get here is Live Timing) - is there any way I can watch a stream?

My Ride
    Has AWD

can u download torrents there?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast