Quantcast
F355 Dyno - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9

Thread: F355 Dyno

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

The lot at westerner seems to be holding at about 1 incident per year. Most of them (this incident included) present no risk to life or limb and so they are pretty minor, the sport as a whole is relatively safe. That said, incidents like this remind us all that there is still some risk and we can never become complacent.

Sorry to hear about the car Ryan, hopefully things get better.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

Yikes man. Poor 355.

Ya Autox is a risky sport. Anything can happen if you accidentally understeer and hit a patch of gravel or oversteer + gravel patch.... Most of us are lucky enough to have zero incidents.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Originally posted by Redlined_8000

Ya Autox is a risky sport. Anything can happen if you accidentally understeer and hit a patch of gravel or oversteer + gravel patch.... Most of us are lucky enough to have zero incidents.
    It is and it isn't. Its a fine line between being too overagressive and just driving on the limit which is what makes it fun for me. Its not only westerner that has its fair amount of incidents, fort McLeod has them too. I few years back I lost it at fort McLeod in one of my previous cars and took out a aircraft landing light going sideways at 95 km/h. It was a real humbling experience for me but it made me a better driver imho. All you can really do after an incident is gather yourself up and get back on the horse.

Its a shame to hear about the car, but atleast it doesn't sound like its too bad, could have been a lot worse if you nicked one of the few trees over at that lot.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Originally posted by A2VR6

It is and it isn't. Its a fine line between being too overagressive and just driving on the limit which is what makes it fun for me. Its not only westerner that has its fair amount of incidents, fort McLeod has them too. I few years back I lost it at fort McLeod in one of my previous cars and took out a aircraft landing light going sideways at 95 km/h. It was a real humbling experience for me but it made me a better driver imho. All you can really do after an incident is gather yourself up and get back on the horse.

Its a shame to hear about the car, but atleast it doesn't sound like its too bad, could have been a lot worse if you nicked one of the few trees over at that lot.
    How bad was the damage?

My Ride

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo

How bad was the damage?
    Put a crease in the driver's side fender right behind the wheel, as well as some damage to the wheel itself. The car hit the light first with the wheel and then the fender took the rest of it before the light sheared off.

Luckily the wheel wasnt bent (just chipped up) and it was only the fender. The damage luckily ended about a inch away from the drivers door so at the end of the day all that needed replacing was just the fender (which needed replacing anyways due to a dent from a rock ). I was also happy that I didnt get any frame damage (although those landing lights arent very strong to begin with so I question if any frame damage would be possible) and that I didnt happen to slide into the randomly placed drain covers (now that would do ALOT of damage if I caught a wheel on one of those).

Basically it was a $2000 lesson... gotta pay to play right?

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Originally posted by A2VR6

Put a crease in the driver's side fender right behind the wheel, as well as some damage to the wheel itself. The car hit the light first with the wheel and then the fender took the rest of it before the light sheared off.

Luckily the wheel wasnt bent (just chipped up) and it was only the fender. The damage luckily ended about a inch away from the drivers door so at the end of the day all that needed replacing was just the fender (which needed replacing anyways due to a dent from a rock ). I was also happy that I didnt get any frame damage (although those landing lights arent very strong to begin with so I question if any frame damage would be possible) and that I didnt happen to slide into the randomly placed drain covers (now that would do ALOT of damage if I caught a wheel on one of those).

Basically it was a $2000 lesson... gotta pay to play right?
    I was just curious. My codriver had a big off there earlier this year and luckily didn't hit anything.

My Ride

^ I find more often than not offs at Fort McLeod are fine and everyone comes away unscathed. Helps that we have a great course designer that designs the course so that if you do lose it, chances are you won't hit a thing.

Since we have completely gone OT.

I too had an off at the Race City SS autox quite some time ago. That was a pretty messy experience as I ended up in the wall on the oval and the frame rail on the car caught a seam in the wall. Messed the car up good and I wasn't in great shape either, including some hospital time.

In the end though it made me a better driver and was a pretty humbling experience.

Glad to hear that everything is ok and realistically its just time and money to put things back together

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I'm surprised I never had an accident during my AutoX days. I was really competitive, raced with some really good drivers, and refused to lose. Drove balls out regardless of track design, and some were sketchy. Corner by the oval wall? Do not care. Balls out. Of the 4 years that I competed, I only spun out once, which is crazy considering how hard I ran. Definitely had quite a bit of luck.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Originally posted by CSMRX7
    Since we have completely gone OT.

I too had an off at the Race City SS autox quite some time ago. That was a pretty messy experience as I ended up in the wall on the oval and the frame rail on the car caught a seam in the wall. Messed the car up good and I wasn't in great shape either, including some hospital time.

In the end though it made me a better driver and was a pretty humbling experience.

Glad to hear that everything is ok and realistically its just time and money to put things back together
    Was this in a RHD FD? If so I had taken a ride with you earlier that night, I had a 944 (maybe my blue 944 turbo or my black n/a I don't recall). I didn't know it ended in a hospital stay but it did look like it really ruined your night. That course wasn't super well set up, the hard cornering right before the finish line caused many to lose control there.

I've had some incidents as well over the years, luckily none of them have ended with any car or driver damage (unless you count cone marks) and the majority of the time I haven't even left the course but every one of them was totally my fault and I've learned so much from them.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

Originally posted by Zero102

Was this in a RHD FD? If so I had taken a ride with you earlier that night, I had a 944 (maybe my blue 944 turbo or my black n/a I don't recall). I didn't know it ended in a hospital stay but it did look like it really ruined your night. That course wasn't super well set up, the hard cornering right before the finish line caused many to lose control there.

I've had some incidents as well over the years, luckily none of them have ended with any car or driver damage (unless you count cone marks) and the majority of the time I haven't even left the course but every one of them was totally my fault and I've learned so much from them.
    No it was a white LHD RX7, which I sold and later on bought a black RHD RX7.

My Ride
    2002 330xi, 1992 Miata, 1996 Spec Miata, 2012 Ram

I was just curious. My codriver had a big off there earlier this year and luckily didn't hit anything.
    That was me, and it was a good wakeup call. All I could think while spinning was "I don't want to have to pay for a new car" Thankfully everything was fine but was a good reminder to never drive a car you can't afford to replace.
    Last edited by Stuart; 09-16-2014 at 09:14 AM.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Originally posted by Stuart

That was me, and it was a good wakeup call. All I could think while spinning was "I don't want to have to pay for a new car" Thankfully everything was fine but was a good reminder to never drive a car you can't afford to replace.
    Yeah I don't ever think I've been as scared as watching you go off lol, I'd never seen someone go off at Fort Macleod at that sort of speed before.

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

Originally posted by rage2
    I'm surprised I never had an accident during my AutoX days. I was really competitive, raced with some really good drivers, and refused to lose. Drove balls out regardless of track design, and some were sketchy. Corner by the oval wall? Do not care. Balls out. Of the 4 years that I competed, I only spun out once, which is crazy considering how hard I ran. Definitely had quite a bit of luck.
    Thats sweet Rage. What cars did you use to compete?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

SLK320 and SLK32 AMG. Merc fanboy.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2002 330xi, 1992 Miata, 1996 Spec Miata, 2012 Ram

Yeah I don't ever think I've been as scared as watching you go off lol, I'd never seen someone go off at Fort Macleod at that sort of speed before.
    I've seen a few at that speed, including one sideways at a couple of marshals. That was truely scary, watching them jump out of the way just in time. Just one more reason to never turn your back on a car.

And I really appreciate you letting me codrive that day, sorry to give you that kind of a scare. Glad it didn't go really wrong (although that may have helped me in the STX standings) It has been fun watching you get that car sorted this season and dominating with it.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Originally posted by Stuart

I've seen a few at that speed, including one sideways at a couple of marshals. That was truely scary, watching them jump out of the way just in time. Just one more reason to never turn your back on a car.

And I really appreciate you letting me codrive that day, sorry to give you that kind of a scare. Glad it didn't go really wrong (although that may have helped me in the STX standings) It has been fun watching you get that car sorted this season and dominating with it.
    Thanks

Yeah it was definitely one of those OHSHIT OHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT moments when I saw it happen but it's all good.

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

For anyone in here seriously looking at a 355, my father's is for sale currently. Winter storage can be negotiated, and as you can see, it's one of the finest examples for sale anywhere.

Extremely well documented. Lowballers, tire kickers, and other time wasters will be ignored.

My dad is out of the country for the winter, so PM me, or call Chris Germana at Motorwerke in Kelowna and mention my name, for more details.

http://www.motorwerke.ca/vehicle-lis...ri-f355-spider
    Last edited by adamc; 11-04-2014 at 06:05 PM.
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9